2003 Texas Pinball Festival - Getting Closer!

Old August 27th 03, 05:35 PM
Hassell Castle

Default 2003 Texas Pinball Festival - Getting Closer!

Greetings Pin & Vid Enthusiasts,

Mark your calendars and plan to attend Texas' biggest pinball/gameroom
show....the 2003 Texas Pinball Festival November 7th-9th, located in
Irving, Texas at the Holiday Inn Select - DFW North (Highway 114 and
Esters Blvd., directly across from DFW International Airport)

Hours:
Friday Nov. 7th - 12noon-5pm (setup, vendors/exhibitors only)
5pm - 2am (ballroom open)

Saturday Nov. 8th - 8am-12noon (Outside Coin-Op Swap Meet)
10am-2am (ballroom open)

Sunday Nov. 9th - 9am-2:30pm (ballroom open)

IT'S ONLY TWO MONTHS AWAY!!!------------------
Wow, time is flying and space is going quickly in the ballroom. We are
already 75% full in this larger than last year 7,400 square foot
ballroom. We have signed up a couple really big vendors including :
Illinois Pinball which is taking out 4 booths and will have a large
selection of new Bally/Williams pinball machine game specific parts
as well as some new stuff they have reproduced including backglasses,
playfields, translites, plastic sets, promotional items plus much
more! Also Score One Games of Nebraska will be bringing MANY pinball
machines including some rare and classic arcade games for sale/free
play. Plus many other vendors!
To see who has already signed up, please visit:
http://www.texaspinball.com/exhibitorlist.htm

WE NEED MORE GAMES------
Help us fill this place up and make this the biggest show in the
southwest!
Do you have some pinball machines or classic video games
you would like to sell or put on free play at the show? Please let us
know at:
Don't forget with each game brought to the show that is on free play
you get a free weekend pass!
If you would like to bring a game for sale, it's only $30! Compare
that sellers premium of on-line and amusement auctions and
it can't be beat! Hurry for the best placement in the show as space is
limited and must be reserved in advance.

***If you would be interested in offering a video game or pinball
machine for a tournament please let us know.

Plus! All machines that are registered will be listed on our ever
growing Game List page on the web site.
http://www.texaspinball.com/pinlist.htm

COME OUT EARLY FOR THE DEALS!
Come find the pieces and parts and that winter project you've been
looking
for at the outside Coin-Op Swap Meet in the north parking lot.
Interested
parties are welcome to bring anything coin op related (vids, jukes,
pins, parts, bingo's, gameroom memorabilia, etc.). Vendors are now
starting to sign up for this sure to be fun outdoor event. Admission
to the Coin-Op Swap Meet is free, however if you would like to sell
stuff at it, it's just $30 for a 17' x 36' space. If you wish to
participate in the swap meet, pre-registration is required and space
is limited.
Please visit our Exhibitor Page he
http://www.texaspinball.com/exhibitorinfo.htm

THINK YOU'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES?----------
Video Game collectors and enthusiasts you have been heard.
Not only is this a pinball show, but a classic video game show as
well. Many classic video games
will be on free play and for sale, plus we will be conducting a
Classic Video Game Tournament throughout
the weekend with a top prize of $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place
and $50 for 3rd place.

Plus we will be conducting many pinball tournaments throughout the
weekend. Please visit our Tournament page for rules, times, prizes and
descriptions he
http://www.texaspinball.com/tourneys.htm

TWO BIG PRIZES THIS YEAR!!!!
Not one but TWO great games are being raffled off at this years event
Sunday afternoon. Enter to win a restored Terminator 2 Pinball Machine
and a restored Ms. Pac-Man cocktail arcade game.
Tickets for the raffle drawings are just $4 each or 6 for $20. Tickets
are good for either of these games or
any of the other many drawings we will be conducting throughout the
weekend. Must be present to win.

INFORMATIVE SEMINARS--------------------------------------------------
We will be hosting 3 great seminars on Saturday afternoon during the
Texas Pinball Festival.

Special guest, pinball & classic arcade game artist, Doug Watson will
be speaking about the evolution of game art from canvas to cabinet as
well as showing many examples of original and pre-production artwork.

Gene Cunningham of Illinois Pinball will give an update as to the
goings on of Illinois Pinball and what's ahead including
a Q & A session.

Chris Munson will be conducting an indepth seminar showing how to do
high quality pinball playfield restorations.

ARE YOU COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN?-----------------------
Now is the time for you to make those hotel reservations
at the Holiday Inn Select DFW North, where the show is being held.

We have a special room rate for our guests of $59 per night. Just
mention you are with the Texas Pinball Festival to take advantage of
this special room rate. Rooms at the Holiday Inn Select are regularly
$99, and this special rate is only available on reservations placed
before November 1st. For reservations call: (972) 929-8181

That's it for now!
Craig Hassell
Co-Organizer 2003 Texas Pinball Festival
Arlington, Texas
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig

JoIn ThE CiRqUs!
C*rqus Volta*re Pinball -------------------------
Software, Tech tips, Pictures, Sounds, Owners List
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig/cirqus.htm

2003 Texas Pinball Festival
November 7th-9th * Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com