Etiquettes ID.

Old October 11th 09, 08:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default Etiquettes ID.

If anyone recognises any of 1 12 please.

http://cjoint.com/data/kljsEScJkR.htm

Thanks

Old October 11th 09, 12:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
If anyone recognises any of 1 12 please.

http://cjoint.com/data/kljsEScJkR.htm

Thanks

Hello Rodney

Nr 1 schould be a bulgarian one, Nr 3 british?, nr 4 could be austrian,
nr 7 german, nr 8 thai?, 9 german.

Peter

Old October 11th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Hi Rod.

I seem to remember no. 12 here in Canada in the 60s (maybe Blair too) and
no. 2 on Italian envelopes. Not 100% sure though.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old October 11th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Thank you Peter, and Tony,
That leaves just 4 left

Pete, that one is definitely not Thai,
It is possibly either India, Nepal or Bhutan.
rodney

Old October 11th 09, 12:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

rodney schrieb:
If anyone recognises any of 1 12 please.

http://cjoint.com/data/kljsEScJkR.htm

Thanks

Hello Rodney

Nr 1 schould be a bulgarian one, Nr 3 british?, nr 4 could be austrian,
nr 7 german, nr 8 thai?, 9 german.

Peter

--

you are right - looks like the Gwalligor overprint (Urdu, Sanskrit?)

Peter

Old October 11th 09, 12:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Tony Vella"
I seem to remember no. 12 here in Canada in the 60s (maybe Blair too) and no. 2 on Italian envelopes. Not 100% sure
though.

Via Aerea is indeed, Italian.
http://cjoint.com/data/klnQJdPUbu.htm

Old October 11th 09, 01:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 11 Oct, 13:23, Peter Baumann wrote:
rodney schrieb: If anyone recognises any of 1 12 please.

http://cjoint.com/data/kljsEScJkR.htm

Thanks

Hello Rodney

Nr 1 schould be a bulgarian one, Nr 3 british?, nr 4 could be austrian,
nr 7 german, nr 8 thai?, 9 german.

Peter

--

3 is definitely British; I have a sheet of mint ones in front of me,
with P25(a) (whatever that means) on the selvedge.

I too have a pile of such mysteries -- I always tell myself I'll
remember where they came from, but by the time they've been soaked and
dried, I've long forgotten. Take a scan or photo on cover is the
moral.

Chris
Old October 11th 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Baumann[_2_]

Peter Baumann schrieb:
rodney schrieb:
If anyone recognises any of 1 12 please.

http://cjoint.com/data/kljsEScJkR.htm

Thanks

Hello Rodney

Nr 1 schould be a bulgarian one, Nr 3 british?, nr 4 could be austrian,
nr 7 german, nr 8 thai?, 9 german.

Peter

No. 4 could be Swizerland as well, both call "airmail" Flugpost.
No. 11 looks like China.

Peter

Old October 11th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I too have a pile of such mysteries -- I always tell myself I'll
remember where they came from, but by the time they've been soaked and
dried, I've long forgotten. Take a scan or photo on cover is the
moral.
Chris

So writing on the back of labels with pencil is still considered gauche?

Here are 40 to go on with,
the airmail label catalogue features 3,290 labels
I have confirmed the india airmail
http://cjoint.com/data/klrzcZ2Gyo.htm

Old October 11th 09, 05:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

rodney wrote:
Here are 40 to go on with,
the airmail label catalogue features 3,2labels
I have confirmed the india airmail
http://cjoint.com/data/klrzcZ2Gyo.htm

Note that your listing of US 002 is actually a duplicate of the
Canada 001 etiquette. That style of Canadian etiquette also exists for
First Class (green) and Special Delivery (red) with the same font
(bilingual, of course).

Ryan