Mexican coins

Old July 29th 03, 10:11 PM
RWEmerson

Default Mexican coins

I was recently GIVEN 12 $100 (100 Peso) coins that appear to be brass
or something besides gold circa mid-'80's. How would I go about
exchanging them for something here in America? Pretty broad question,
I know, but I can't find anything about them on the net.
RWE

Old July 29th 03, 10:33 PM
Andrew Taylor

RWEmerson wrote:

I was recently GIVEN 12 $100 (100 Peso) coins that appear to be brass
or something besides gold circa mid-'80's. How would I go about
exchanging them for something here in America? Pretty broad question,
I know, but I can't find anything about them on the net.

Mexican currency value devalued in the 1990s during a currency crisis.
As a result, they dropped three zeros, so 1000 old pesos became 1 new
peso. As a result your $100 peso coins would be worth .10 of todays
pesos (10 centavos), or about 1¢ US. Even so, I'm not old pesos are
even legal tender anymore, so they might effectively have no value as
currency at all.

That said, they might have some value as collectibles. I don't think
$100 coins are particularly rare, but if they are in good condition,
they might be worth a small premium.

--
Andrew

Old July 29th 03, 10:51 PM
RWEmerson

Not quite as good as I thought, but it'll be nice to hand out to the
grandkids and neighborhood rug-rats so they can have some bragging
rights. They really are quite handsome coins although they'd grade F
and below. I really appreciate the quick, concise answer though.
This has got to be one of the most responsive newsgroups I've run
across. It's sad to say that honesty and courtesy are a commodity to
be seen so rarely these days.
RWE

Old July 29th 03, 11:58 PM
Ed Hendricks

"RWEmerson" wrote in message

Not quite as good as I thought, but it'll be nice to hand out to the
grandkids and neighborhood rug-rats so they can have some bragging
rights. They really are quite handsome coins although they'd grade F
and below. I really appreciate the quick, concise answer though.
This has got to be one of the most responsive newsgroups I've run
across. It's sad to say that honesty and courtesy are a commodity to
be seen so rarely these days.
RWE

Good idea to give them out to the kids. Unless they are VF or above they
have virtually no value to collectors and maybe it will turn one of the kids
on to coin collecting. :-)

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old July 30th 03, 06:33 AM
ftecaw

"RWEmerson" wrote in message
I was recently GIVEN 12 $100 (100 Peso) coins that appear to be brass
or something besides gold circa mid-'80's. How would I go about
exchanging them for something here in America?

Forget about currency exchange, take a day trip to Tijuanna and get some
good pussy

Old July 30th 03, 02:40 PM
J. A. McNerney

ftecaw wrote:

"RWEmerson" wrote in message
I was recently GIVEN 12 $100 (100 Peso) coins that appear to be brass
or something besides gold circa mid-'80's. How would I go about
exchanging them for something here in America?

Forget about currency exchange, take a day trip to Tijuanna and get some
good pussy

Pretty broad question,
I know, but I can't find anything about them on the net.
RWE

All you'll get is a nasty disease you low life.

JAM
Old July 30th 03, 04:50 PM
RWEmerson

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:40:14 -0400, "J. A. McNerney"
wrote:

ftecaw wrote:

"RWEmerson" wrote in message
I was recently GIVEN 12 $100 (100 Peso) coins that appear to be brass
or something besides gold circa mid-'80's. How would I go about
exchanging them for something here in America?

Forget about currency exchange, take a day trip to Tijuanna and get some
good pussy

Pretty broad question,
I know, but I can't find anything about them on the net.
RWE

All you'll get is a nasty disease you low life.

JAM

I agrree, JAM, and that wouldn't be good at all. Wonder why some
people have to spread their vulgarities in a group where it's probably
not appropriate and certainly not appreciated?
RWE

Old July 30th 03, 05:21 PM
Christian Feldhaus

RWEmerson wrote:

Wonder why some people have to spread their vulgarities in a group where
it's probably not appropriate and certainly not appreciated?

In order to remind others of the filtering features that most
newsreaders have.

;-)
Christian

BC & Saskatchewan Coins rose General 0 November 1st 03 03:36 PM
Value Guides Keith Tilley Coins 3 July 21st 03 07:50 AM
Cleaning old coins -how? Harri Annala Coins 2 July 16th 03 09:05 PM
Private Collection Ed Kelley Coins 2 July 11th 03 01:49 PM
*** Coins for sale *** Wheeler Coins 0 July 3rd 03 07:08 AM