2006 American Eagle

Old September 10th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default 2006 American Eagle

I have 2 American Eagle Proof W mint mark. I want to sell one. When I
look on Ebay the price ranges ALOT slabbed MS70 sem to be way to high.
Should I send both mine into be graded? If either grade that high sell
it? I can then crack the other out and put back in original case.
Also is there a better place/forum than this? I use to be on
rec.collecting.coins a long time ago I just wonder if alot of poeple
have moved to different forums or is this still the place.

Ron
Old September 10th 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Giant Brain

wrote in message
I have 2 American Eagle Proof W mint mark. I want to sell one. When I
look on Ebay the price ranges ALOT slabbed MS70 sem to be way to high.
Should I send both mine into be graded? If either grade that high sell
it? I can then crack the other out and put back in original case.
Also is there a better place/forum than this? I use to be on
rec.collecting.coins a long time ago I just wonder if alot of poeple
have moved to different forums or is this still the place.

Ron

Why would you crack out the coin if it doesn't grade PR70?
I've yet to see a modern gold Eagle proof grade out at less than PR69.
If your goal is to sell the coins, you'll still get a better price for a graded
coin.
You can always include the original mint holder in the sale.

Old September 10th 09, 12:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Sep 9, 6:37*pm, "The Giant Brain" wrote:
wrote in message

I have 2 American Eagle Proof W mint mark. I want to sell one. When I
look on Ebay the price ranges ALOT slabbed MS70 sem to be way to high.
Should I send both mine into be graded? If either grade that high sell
it? I can then crack the other out and put back in original case.
Also is there a better place/forum than this? I use to be on
rec.collecting.coins a long time ago I just wonder if alot of poeple
have moved to different forums or is this still the place.

Ron

Why would you crack out the coin if it doesn't grade PR70?
I've yet to see a modern gold Eagle proof grade out at less than PR69.
If your goal is to sell the coins, you'll still get a better price for a graded
coin.
You can always include the original mint holder in the sale.

I would crack the lower grade out becuase I like my collection to
still be in the original US Mint case. I only want to sell one of the
2 I bought. I am listing some of my coins I do not want any more on
Ebay and just noticed the BIG price range.
Old September 10th 09, 01:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Watcher

wrote in message

[...]

You are an idiot. Oly would love to have you for a drinking buddy. He's an idiot
too.

Old September 10th 09, 01:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

You are an idiot. Oly would love to have you for a drinking buddy. He's an idiot
too.- Hide quoted text -

This would be why I asked

Old September 10th 09, 02:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dlhii

================================================= =

You are an idiot. Oly would love to have you for a drinking buddy. He's an idiot
too.

I agree with your point of keeping the mint cases .... guess in one
persons opinion I'm an idiot also. Like I care.
Old September 10th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:
I have 2 American Eagle Proof W mint mark. I want to sell one. When I
look on Ebay the price ranges ALOT slabbed MS70 sem to be way to high.
Should I send both mine into be graded? If either grade that high sell
it? I can then crack the other out and put back in original case.
Also is there a better place/forum than this? I use to be on
rec.collecting.coins a long time ago I just wonder if alot of poeple
have moved to different forums or is this still the place.

There are several other forums, and you're welcome to try them. My
experience with them is that they are very clique-y and have a
greater-than-justifiable opinion of themselves.

Yes, many former rccers have migrated over to them, while many others
apparently have given up on online discussion, collecting, or both. Of
course, an unmoderated forum such as this one is likely to bring forth all
manner of aberration, but there are still enough knowledgeable numismatists
to make it worthwhile. Welcome back.

I can't advise you on what to do with your Eagles. Third party grading is a
crapshoot at best. Likewise is selling anything into this fickle and
cynical market. Figure out what makes sense to you, and then do it.
Whatever you decide, make sure that having fun is the main reason you do it.
Otherwise there's no point to this hobby at all.

James

Old September 12th 09, 01:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
linxlvr[_2_]

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:29:16 -0700, ron wrote:

You are an idiot. Oly would love to have you for a drinking buddy. He's
an idiot too.- Hide quoted text -

This would be why I asked
I just wonder if alot of poeple have moved to different forums or is
this still the place.

Ignore the nice man calling people an idiot for having a different
opinion than his. :-) Most dealers I know prefer the original packaging
to a 69. Ebay is the only place really to sell the typical 69's. They are
the rejects from shopping networks trying for 70's, and a lot of people
don't realize that that are on ebay.

I wouldn't bother if I thought it was coming back as a 69, but if you can
look at it in a loupe and see nothing off, not even the slightest, send
it in if you want and perhaps you do have a 70.

I know you realize it, but keep in mind 70's are pricey for a reason.
Percentage wise, very few get there.

--
dw
Old September 12th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Watcher[_2_]

"linxlvr" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:29:16 -0700, ron wrote:

You are an idiot. Oly would love to have you for a drinking buddy. He's
an idiot too.- Hide quoted text -

This would be why I asked
I just wonder if alot of poeple have moved to different forums or is
this still the place.

Ignore the nice man calling people an idiot for having a different
opinion than his. :-) Most dealers I know prefer the original packaging
to a 69. Ebay is the only place really to sell the typical 69's.

You're so full of ****, your eyes are brown.
Most dealers prefer "original packaging", eh?
That a load of BS and you know it.
MS69's sell with ease at well over bullion value on eBay.
Dealers are only too happy to buy certified coins, even if they aren't
"perfect".
Anyway, who says you have to throw away the "original packaging"?
Why don't you just shut the **** up since you don't have a clue as to what
you're blathering on about?