Silver proofs back ordered

Old July 16th 09, 07:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Silver proofs back ordered

I just got an e-mail from the Mint notifying me that they have placed my
subscription order for one silver proof set, said order being dated July 15.
And in same e-mail... another section informing me that it's back-ordered
until July 30.

Anyone else getting the same good news/bad news notifications?

Old July 16th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
winwin

On Jul 16, 1:11�am, "mazorj" wrote:
I just got an e-mail from the Mint notifying me that they have placed my
subscription order for one silver proof set, said order being dated July 15.
And in same e-mail... another section informing me that it's back-ordered
until July 30.

Anyone else getting the same good news/bad news notifications?

The regular 2009 silver proof sets have not yet shown up
on the website as available. Only the 2008 sets, and
the partial sets for FSQ, show as currently available.
Old July 21st 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 06:11:39 GMT, "mazorj" wrote:

Anyone else getting the same good news/bad news notifications?

I did. Then I received a notification of shipment about a half
an hour ago. (10:30pm July 20th).

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles

Old July 23rd 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

I got my notice Tuesday, nine days before the amended 7/30 shipping date. I
think the bureaucrats are gun-shy of missing a more realistic date so they
pad it out with a comfortable cushion. This way there's less likelihood
that they'll be wrong, and they look good for "exceeding expectations" when
they meet their "real" shipping projections.

I think this may be the biggest silver proof set ever. Four lenses holding
18 coins. I'm looking forward to looking it over when it arrives.

"mazorj" wrote in message
I just got an e-mail from the Mint notifying me that they have placed my
subscription order for one silver proof set, said order being dated July
15. And in same e-mail... another section informing me that it's
back-ordered until July 30.

Anyone else getting the same good news/bad news notifications?

PVC damage on silver proofs? David Cornell Coins 10 May 24th 07 02:52 PM
Looking Back #77 - Unique (US) Die Proofs Blair (TC) General Discussion 0 September 13th 05 03:29 AM
Looking Back #76 - (US) 1869, Inverted Center Proofs Blair (TC) General Discussion 0 September 11th 05 08:45 PM
2005 Silver Proofs John Mason Coins 0 June 9th 05 06:07 PM
Accidentally ordered 3 sets of 2003 silver proof sets Dennis G. Rears Coins 1 July 20th 04 08:05 PM