Yet another ANA report

Old August 7th 03, 07:49 AM
Ed. Stoebenau

Default Yet another ANA report

Ok, I doubt this will be brief (now that I've written on and off
for an hour I can say safely it will not be), and I'm going to
try to make this as complete as I can but I'm sure there has been
events and items I have forgotten over the past week. I will
also try to make it chronological, but I'm sure that will not be
exactly the case.

I had a few goals for the ANA show. First there are the
purchases that I wanted to make. I generally make these rather
broad to keep my options open, but in this case they were a
little bit more specific. First, I wanted to buy a significant
half cent and a significant error. The half cent I planned to be
an 1802 C-2 (reverse of 1802 variety) in AG-VG, an 1805 C-3 (the
scarce small 5, stems variety) in G-VG, preferably in a late die
state with a very noticeable obverse bulge, or an 1811 C-1 with a
4-star break cud on the obverse in G-VG. For the error I was
aiming for something like a double denomination, a die cap, or to
a lesser extent an unplated zinc cent. In addition to these, I
wanted to buy a piece of exonumia, preferably an Assay Commission
medal (except for 1977), a piece of Bryan Money, a token by
Bolen, an encased postage stamp, or (unlikely) a Lesher dollar.
In addition, as I try to do at all coin shows, I wanted to buy at
least one coin book. Finally, I wanted to take a look at all the
exhibits and attend a few meetings and talks.

Enough with the introduction. I was at the show Wednesday
through Saturday, and enjoyed the whole thing (except the
weather) and was rather exhausted at the end. On Wednesday I
arrived at about 11:30 and thanks to pre-registration was able to
go right in rather than wait in a line (not too bad at that
time). Picked up a program, and decided how to make my way
through the show. Anyway, I decided that on Wednesday that I'd
start my way back to the budget section by walking along the
north wall and then slowly work my way forward through all the
rows, this first time mainly just to orientate myself and not buy
too much on the first day. Jack Beymer had some nice copper as
expected, and I would have to stop by there later. Picked up the
three newspapers from Krause. Passed Anaconda's first table of
toned coins and inexpensive Lincolns, but no Accugrade MS67
Liberty nickels were out, not any proof 1834 quarters. PCI was
at the show, along with the better grading services, but didn't
see ACG or NTC. (Plus, I had reviewed the dealer list and table
numbers before arriving and knew that such a strategy would let
me arrive rather fast at some nice errors).

So I worked my way out of the budget section into the 13th row
(remember I started in the 16th) where error dealer Glen Burger
was. I've been buying coins from Glen for about 12 years now,
even since I started collecting seriously, especially of course
errors. As always he had a nice selection of errors. A double
struck peace dollar (a different one than that in ANR's sale) was
certainly the most spectacular. Numerous wrong planchet errors,
some bonded die caps, mated pairs, the clad layer from a Lincoln
struck on a dime blank, and so forth. And most importantly for
me, two double denominations (1981 1c on 10c, a dull UNC, and a
2000 1c on 10c, a gem UNC) and a 1975-D 1c die cap. Took a good
look at the three. The die cap wasn't quite spectacular enough
for me, and of the double denominations the 2000 was by far the
nicer of the two in regards to spectacularness of the error (and
for the matter the grade also), they were the same price, which
was certainly more than fair, given what double denominations can
go for at auctions, so I got the 2000 1c on 10c right then after
being at the show less than an hour. It's been posted to
a.b.p.n, and is an ANACS MS65, and I have no problem with calling
it a gem UNC (FWIW, I only use adjectival grades on error coins)
Also, this was my second slabbed coin purchase, and for the
second time in a row, I didn't even get the slab grade to
register in my conscious until way after buying the coin! The
coin is an obverse over obverse strike (non-flipover), with about
a 90 °rotation between strikes. Major portions of the dime
strike are visible within the cent strike.

So I continued on through the show. Fred Bart had the new
edition of his paper money error book for sale. I had previously
collected paper money errors back in high school, before prices
started making some serious increases and made these items
unaffordable to me at that time. I have been looking into these
again recently (like about over the past year) and realized that
I am now in a financial situation that I could start collecting
paper money errors again in a small way. At least get some nice
error types. So I made my first book purchase. In addition, in
the nice items for sale category, Bart had a $1 silver
certificate (small size) missing the second printing for a
low-mid 5 figure price as a spectacular "early" paper money
error. At the ANS table, where they were selling many of their
publications, I picked up a copy of the Coinage of the Americas
Conference book on circulating counterfeits, which through my
skimming will certainly make for some interesting and
enlightening reading. (One item: using prevalence of circulating
counterfeits to determine what coin types circulated.) A gem
uncirculated 1794 silver dollar is on display (in an annoying
rotating frame) but I forget at which dealer's table. Carter
specimen, given the pictures included with it. Another dealer
had some Columbus Co territorial gold patterns (not in gold, but
each unique or nearly so). Steve Hayden has a silver US Grant
Indian Peace Medal on display, the same one he (or someone else,
I didn't check at the time) had at the March Baltimore show.
Still very impressive in its size. Could never afford that
though. Oh well. Leu Numismatik had some coins from one of
their upcoming auctions on display. I don't know too much about
world coins, but they had an Annam (Vietnam) gold piece (multiple
tael denomination) which I know are not too common, along with
some nice European issues. In addition, a few ancient dealers
had multiple aurei/solidi Roman coins and Medallions out, which
are also impressive. Somewhere here in the Ancient section I
stepped out to grab a lunch, which gives me a good opportunity to
start a new paragraph to let you catch your breath.

Moving right along through the front portion of the show, Chris
McCawley (copper dealer whose name looks like I slightly
misspelt) had some nice coppers, including those varieties I had
in my wishlist above. Also an 1809 C-1 half cent listed at a
very mid three figure price. Looking through the display grace
the obverse looks like a VG sharpness, slight roughness but not
too bad, probably average minus surfaces. But at that cost the
reverse has to be incredibly ugly, so I decide not to take a
closer look at it. The coin appears nicer (easily) than the
low-grade piece Tom Reynolds had at a high three-figure price (no
offense to Tom, whom I've bought many a half cent from) (Oh, Tom
also had a really nice, finest known, 1848 small date large cent
(the contemporary counterfeit variety) at his table, which I got
to hold and take a nice look at (along with his 09 C-1. The 1848
1c is on an oversized blank, with a straight clip through the
unstruck area, very nice surfaces, an EF if I remember correctly,
singly struck. Going through some references back home this is
the piece from Stack's Oeschner sale, early in the T James Clarke
collection.

Stack's has some pieces on display from the October sales, both
the collection of patterns and the John Ford collection. The
pattern pieces includes three gold patterns (super rare)
including a Bickford eagle and two 1878 issues (quarter eagle and
half eagle, IIRC, but I could be wrong if anyone wishes to
correct me). And some silver issues, Amazonian half, among
others, but I forget. Oh, Whitman publishing had a great display
of pattern coins at their table also, given their release of the
8th edition "Judd" book. A second(!!!) gold Bickford eagle
(actually I think there are only two gold Bickford eagles, some
both pieces were then on display), some stellas, a high grade
1792 half disme, Schoolgirl dollars in silver and copper,
Amazonian patterns, and so forth. But of course the spectacular
pieces were those from the Ford collection. _Two_ original
Confederate cents in copper nickel, one of four known original
Confederate half dollars (we are going to need a thread here to
bet how much this will go for. Count me in at $900,000.), four
Continental currency dollars, all different. Two of them were
extremely rare silver issues (different varieties!), a third a
"common" pewter N. 3-D, and the last a N. 4-D in pewter, a very
rare variety of only two or three known. Some nice Fugios,
three, I think. A nice set of New Jersey coppers. A M. 7-E, one
of the rare date under plowbeam varieties of which only five-ten
are known in high grade, what has to be the finest known M. 68-w,
and a very nice M. 79-ee contemporary counterfeit variety. I
certainly looked at these pieces probably every day I was there.
I wish I could collect New Jersey coppers. Also three or four
nice Vermont coppers, an incredible Ryder-3, and a couple of high
grade common varieties and overstrikes. Also present was the gem
uncirculated Wass, Moliter & Co $50 piece from the Garret
collection (not sure if this is a Ford piece), and a proof
Humbert/US Assay Office of Gold issue (forget exactly what).

One dealer (John Hamrick?) had a set of 25 Assay Commission
Medals (and some holders for them) as a group for about $25,000.
I definitely have to get me _one_ of those eventually. The
Kagins had some nice pieces on display, including some large cent
errors from the recent Superior sale of the Arconti collection.
Most memorable are the double struck 1823 1c piece, pedigreed all
the way back to the Mickley collection, and the 1855 1c die cap!
Take a look at these and others if you've not yet:
http://www.uscents.com/CVM/MG/ANA2003/ANA2003.htm . They also
had some Lesher dollars, a type I issue, a Bumstead issue in VF,
and one or two others (Sam Cohen and Boyd Park, IIRC. But I may
be confusing these with the ones Hallenbeck's had). And the
usual nice territorial gold. Superior had some future auction
coins, including a nearly complete set of Seated Liberty dollar
proofs, missing just the 1841 and maybe one or two others.
Heritage also had some future auction coins. Canada dot cent of
1936, rare Belgian gold issues for example. Companies involved
with the SS Central American had numerous ingots on display,
along with _two_ (!!!!) Extremely High Relief 1907 double eagles
on display. By that time I had made it to the front of the show,
and was starting to feel tired, especially my legs.

But I decided that before I left I would take a look at the
exhibits. The 1913 5c display had many people around it, so I
decided to leave that one for last. Started with a paper money
display, apparently backwards. Started with a few colonial
issues, nothing apparently spectacular, and then reference books.
Then a whole bunch of National Bank Notes, generally themed by
place name. When I got to the full case of NBN's with "Whitney"
as the city or title, I realized that this must be the John
Whitney collection which was advertised. 43 cases. Many cases
of errors, numerous double denominations, originally displayed
with a mirror at the bottom of display cases to see both sides of
the notes. Best error was a note missing the second printing,
and then the third printing was on the reverse! a double error,
and the front is completely blank. Many many fancy serial
numbers, solids, radars, ascending and descending in order notes,
and so forth. Specimen large size and small size notes, a nearly
complete set of small size notes, a really nice set of large size
notes. Two demand notes and two demand note specimens, three war
of 1812 issues (really rare). Two 1933 $10 silver certificates.
You get the idea. Overwhelming exhibit.

Among other exhibits were a fine selection of Bryan Money, and a
set of Washington tokens including an ugly head in bronze/copper.
A single coin display of an error buffalo nickel. A split die,
with the two parts being at different levels. Apparently
multiply struck also, uniface reverse, numerous die cracks.
Appeared on _Errorscope_'s cover some years ago. Even better in
person. A second display of error buffalo nickels, including at
least one issue per year. Numerous clips and off-centers, but
also double strikes, a couple of indents and a brockage or two,
one of each side, off-metals, off-center clocks, cud clocks.
Major drool for the error collector. An impressive set of War of
1812 mint medals. A "99 ways to collect coins" display.
Transitional pattern Flying Eagle and Indian cents.

And then there were those nickels. I started off at the reverse
side of the display, which included relating items. Two altered
dates, the holder, the check the Bebee's wrote out to Paramount
to pay for their piece. Sorry Bruce, no pattern Buffalo nickels.
Then I made it to the front side, which contained five pieces in
it. Took a look at the four previously known examples. The
Eliasberg specimen certainly is the best one, followed by IMO the
Olsen-Hawn coin. Also there in an old Capital Plastics exhibit
was what I thought at the time was the Walton altered date
specimen, which the exhibit seemed to leave the perfect space
for. At this point I left the show for a day. Found out from a
newspaper that that Walton specimen was the real deal. So I
arrived back at the show Thursday morning again at about 11:30.
This time I headed straight for the nickel display to get a good
look at the fifth example, and realized they added some
explanatory material about this piece I must have missed on
Wednesday (or was just not there). I would grade it 61-62, and
it looks like a definite proof to me.

Anyway, back to the show, which hopefully will not take too much
longer to describe the next three days. For my second run
through the show, I first stopped at copper dealer Doug Bird's
table, from whom I can often get some nice half cents. Asked
about the varieties I wanted above. He had two 1805 C-3's, one
in too high a grade for me. The second he just got from the
"Bowers and Merena" auction. Nice coin, fair mid three figure
price, but it's an early die state example without much of a
bulge. Decide I can do better and pass on it. But he has a nice
1805 C-1 (stemless) half cent in fine which I pick up. Also take
a look at a couple of 1839 N-12 large cents, one early die state
in F and late die state in G, but the short story is that you
large cent collectors don't have to worry about competition from
me. So on less half cent variety to look for, but it's not one
of the big three. Chris McAwley still has that low priced 09 C-1
half cent, still don't want to see what the reverse looks like.
Introduced myself to Tom DeLorey, and checked to see if he also
had any coins I wanted, but no luck there. I probably should
have asked if the people at Harlan J Berk's had any Elder medals
in my search for interesting exonumia. Oh well. Stop at error
dealer's Fred Weinberg's table to see what he has. Nice die cap
Lincoln, good mid-low three figure price, but pass on it since I
got that double denomination on Wednesday (I probably should have
gotten this coin. Oh well.) Did however pick up a 1967 Lincoln,
uniface strike, as the only uniface strikes I had gotten
previously were all multiple errors, one also a struck on split
planchet and the other including a 30% clip. Worked my way up
through the twelfth row (from the front) but didn't buy anything
else Thursday and decided to call it a day by then.

Friday started early with the EAC (Early American Coppers)
meeting at 9:00 AM (8:00 for us CST'ers, and I feel sorry for the
PST'ers there). Had a moment of silence for the recently
departed Bill Weber and Stu Hodge, followed by the round of
introduction of the full meeting room, who we are, where we're
from, what we collect, and how we started collecting early
coppers. For me, I'm Ed. Stoebeneau, from Chicago, and I collect
half cents by variety. I started collecting coins as a kid,
Lincolns, Jeffersons, and Washingtons from change, and from there
started on Wheat cents, and eventually a type set which included
two half cents. I eventually read Sheldon's _Early American
Cents_ and got interested in coppers. But a large cent
collection would be too expensive so using great logic I started
a half cent collection (this would be 10 years ago now) and have
continued on trough this day. An S-48 large cent (starred
reverse) was cherried at the show. A 1795 half cent (C-5 or 6)
overstruck on a pattern half dollar (dies of 1794 O-101) was also
discovered, now the second known. Dave Bowers is writing a book
of reminisces of his time in coins. John Ford unfortunately will
not be. Jefferson head cent in F goes for $60,000 at auction.
Meeting ends just before 10:00, so I get in to the show right
when it opens. Starting to be a long line at registration, and
unsurprisingly at this time there is a huge mass waiting to get
into the show.

Friday I start at the 12th row and work my way back to the 16th.
Stop again at Glen Burger's table to see what else I can get.
Bowtie 1983 Lincoln cent (2 large, 2 small clips, each opposite
each other) Low three figure price, don't yet have a bowtie
piece, have a dime "fully" indented by a bowtie on the reverse,
so I need to get this piece and do. I also pick up a transit
token for the CTA. On the obverse is "Chicago Rapid Transit" and
the reverse "Good For / One Fare". Each side is machine tooled
designed in the background, and the center is punched out in
three parts to leave a giant "L" in the center. There is a 90 °
die rotation between sides so that the "L" is upright on each
side. Any information I can get on this piece would be greatly
appreciated!

Time to leave the floor for a talk by Dave Bowers on Baltimore
numismatists at 11:00. It will be an abbreviated talk, because
he's also giving a talk at the NBS meeting at 11:30. Anyway, he
goes somewhat quickly over Robert Gilmor, than Col. Cohen of
Virginia halfpenny hoard fame, and eventually to the Garrett
family, the Baltimore fire of 1904 (of which Charlie Poole made
an old-time song about in the 1920's) and how the Garrett
collection being spared from it since Robert Garret was not a
collector, Waldo Newcomer, and back to the Garrett collection and
its sale. He describes how Johns Hopkins U decides among auction
firms who gets to seel the sale (of Bowers and Ruddy, Stack's,
Christie's, and Sotheby's IIRC) and the JHU trustees being
appalled as Bowers, Stack, Ford, and et al enthusiastically greet
each other ("Hey! what are you doing, your supposed to be back
stabbing competitors not good friends!" (not Bowers' or the
trustee's exact words). B & R win the right to auction the sale
because even though they offer the least favorable terms, they
find that they have the most P T Barnum in them. Moves on to the
Eliasberg collection, its formation and sale. So it comes to be
11:30. There's another talk at noon I will go to so I decide not
to head back downstairs to the floor just yet. Anyway, next door
"Bowers and Merena" is on the fourth auction session, which
includes error coins, so I decide to see what's going on there
for a few minutes. Selling wrong planchet half dollars while I'm
there, as far as I can tell good prices but it's tough for me too
say. For each lot they are displaying an ebay page with a small
picture of the coin and a really non-descriptive title which
doesn't help one w/o a catalog, but perhaps that means I can't
complain. Copper dealers were saying the catalog was poorly
done, especially photos and spell-checking. I know the photos in
the on-line catalog leave much to be desired and are much worse
than previous "Bowers and Merena" and Bowers and Merena auctions.

Anyway, at noon I had back to the lecture room for Mike Diamond's
(now seen on r.c.c) lecture on "new" error coins. Distorted
dies, incredible strike doubling, seriously misaligned dies,
retained collar breaks, dies hit by debris, and so forth. I'm
sure he can give a better synopsis. Anyway, it gets to be 1:00
so I head out to eat and then head back to go back down on the
floor.

A couple of rows back from before find me at Carl Ostigy's table,
a Maryland-based copper dealer. Take a look at some half cents,
find an 1809 C-3 in F, good surfaces, no detractions, buy it. So
now two half cents, three error coins, and a transit token have
been picked up. In the final row is Chris Young's (another
copper dealer) table. He has an 1805 C-3 in good at a reasonable
price and a New Jersey copper M. 56-n I'd like to look atm but
he's not there at present but I saw him a couple of rows ago.
Take a few glances around, don't see him, so I decide to finish
the row, seeing if I can find any other half cents I could use
but don't. Head back to Young's table who is back now and
starting to help another collector. He asks to see a couple of
large cents, and then also mentions that 05 C3 half cent I saw.
I take a look at the New Jersey copper but pass on it. Too low a
grade, surfaces aren't good enough, no clear overstrike, common
for this variety. Other collector asks best price for a large
cent and the half cent, Chris names a great price for the half
cent and it's sold, but not to me. Miss it by a minute or even
less. That's the way it goes sometimes. Jim Long (yet another
Maryland copper dealer) can have some nice coins so I also see
what he has. 1802, 1811, none. 1805 C-3, he has. In a 2x2
labeled to grade just as "good," no price listed. Take a look at
the coin. He _undergrades_, seriously. I would call the coin a
VG-10, in choice condition, maybe an 8 if I were really strict.
There is a desktop somewhere with the words "choice very" in
black marker written on it somewhere for sure. Ask his price and
without surprise its the price for a choice VG coin and not a
good, so I need to pass.

At 3:00 I head back upstairs for John Kraljevich's (of American
Numismatic Rarities, previously of Bowers and Merena) talk on
coinage and paper money related to colonial Annapolis. Mainly on
the issues of John Chalmers and the iconography involved and how
the relate to other issues and female impersonators. An
interesting talk.

Head back down to the floor for a little back. I decide that
there are two things left for me. One, a very careful search for
those 1802, 1805 C-3, and 1811 C-1 half cents, and two, noting
what tables have good supplies of exonumia that I'm looking for.
Jack Beymer has some 1802's. One ins an AG or so, a little bit
rough, but the right price, so I need to think about that.
Another dealer has a couple of 1802's. One is a bit too high a
grade and with it price, another is a G-6 or so, but is too rough
for me. Chris McAwley has all three, so I take a look at those.
The 1811 C-1 is a little bit higher in grade than I can afford,
but the 1802 and 05 C-3 are more than acceptable, both G-VG,
average surfaces, and 1805 mid die state with the bulge clearly
forming but not as spectacular as it could be. But before which
one of these I decide I want that 1809 C-1 I saw twice before is
still there. I was still a bit scared to take a look at it, but
decide that I might as well, fearing that I would see these
horrible scratches or punches on the reverse. Instead, the coin
has VG sharpness on both sides and is a little bit rough and a
couple of light scratches, but I would make it average minus
surfaces, maybe scudzy plus if I was being really really mean
about it but I'm fair. Ask his price, a very nice mid
three-figure one. I'm never gonna see another C-1 at near that
cost (I've seen plenty of worse ones for double what was asked).
It's now mine. My 1809's are complete by variety, and my classic
heads are missing only the 1811 C-1. So while this wasn;t
planned it would certainly qualify for my purchase of a
significant half cent. I decide to still look for the 1811 C-1,
and also now for an 1806 C-4 (large 6, stems), but don't find
examples I want/afford of either. I stop by Whitman's table
since earlier I saw them offering the new pattern book to get a
copy of that and then to Tom Reynold's table again to pick up a
copy of _Penny Prices_, Bill Noyes' copper pricing guide,
something similar to CQR. And this makes it another day.

So now it's Saturday morning. It's another early day, my final
one, starting at 9:30 with the r.c.c meeting. Present are Gary
Lewis, me, Chuck D'Ambra, Ken Barr, Anka Z, Mr Davey, Gary Lewis,
and three non-memebers whose names I forget (and apologies for
any misspellings) one who has a father invested in some ACG
coins, and another a dealer who gives an impression of what I
expect Fred Murphy would be like in person. Topics, are
greetings and what we collect, ACG (and Gary Lewis takes off his
"ANA president" badge for that discussion, other slabs, ANA
politics, and we get a few pictures of the group, and get an
elongate from Gary. Head back downstairs at 10:30, there is now
a _LONG_ line for registration, and another to see the nickels.
But I'm there to find a few more half cents (not that I do) and
find some exonumia dealers. From Ken Barr I pick up a copy of
the Kessler/Spangenberger auction catalog, containing a great set
of Fugio coppers, among others. And that makes it three complete
walks of the bourse floor. On to exonumia. And books.

None of the early silver dealers that I asked have any good bogus
half dollars. Oh well. Talk to Joe Levine of Presidential Coin
and Antique about Assay Commission medals. He has none, and none
of the other exonumia I've been looking for. Steve Tannenbaum
sharing the same table also doesn't, but has a Bolen mule of
large stars and small stars Confederation coppers in bronze,
maybe brass, a very rare issue. Back home I check the Musante
reference, this should be copper, one of only two known. The
Hallenbecks have some errors I look through, some encased postage
stamps, a piece of silver Bryan Money, and a nice set of Lesher
dollars, overhearing the prices on them. I can get one,
eventually! But nothing for me today. Another dealer has a
Chesapeake & Delaware Canal token (1820's) in about F or so, but
the cost is 2-3 times what I think is fair for the issue given
auction records, so I also can't get that. Steve Hayden
(remember the silver IPM from way above?) has some nice
colonials, some nice Encased Postage stamps, but, most
importantly, a Bryan Money dime (S-324, Z-31, scarce?) at a good
price. An apparently lead piece slightly larger than a silver
dollar, see it in a.b.p.n if it's not expired on your server yet.
Stopped by Charles Davis' table to get Newman's _Coinage of
Colonial Virginia_ and that's about it. Got lunch somewhere
along the way.

At 1:00 it's time to go upstairs for a talk on territorial
ingots, real, fake and fantasy. I've been writing on and off for
two and a half hours now so I'll be brief. Basically they found
the common characteristics of SS Central American bars and used
these to determine whether other pieces were real, forgeries,
fantasies, or unknown at this time. Some illustrated Wells Fargo
"silver" bars were obviously unreal, as they has no
characteristics of real ingots, and were a tin-bismuth alloy, not
silver. A Lilly-Smithsonian Justh & Hunter was found to be fake
as it didn't match the sea floor specimens. Some Parsons pieces
were unknown but suspicious. Didn't mention anything that I
recall about other pieces mentioned in the Ford-Hodder-Buttrey
debates. They have an article in the _American Scientist_ (June
2003 or thereabouts) plus one in _Numismatist_ along with
supplemental online information so I should find something about
those to satisfy my curiosity about these.

Well, I left after the talk, satisfied and exhausted. Got three
half cents, three error coins, two tokens, 6 pieces of
literature, and a selection of free literature. A crowded and
busy show, very successful. Only thing I would change is I would
have visited the numismatic booksellers earlier in the show. And
congratulations to those who have read this far.

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143
Old August 7th 03, 04:25 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

"Ed. Stoebenau" wrote:

And
congratulations to those who have read this far.

--
Ed. Stoebenau
a #143

And thanks back atchya. ;-)

Good of you to share *all* that.

Alan
'vicarious attendee'
Old August 8th 03, 01:33 AM
John Carney

"Ed. Stoebenau" wrote

-massive report snipped-

Thanks Ed, great report. I was amazed at the size of this show compared to all the other
Baltimore shows I've attended. Shame I couldn't have stayed more than just Friday.

--
John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne...ns/rccers.html

Old August 8th 03, 01:34 AM
Stujoe

In article , Ed.
Stoebenau spoke thusly...

And
congratulations to those who have read this far.

I made it. :-) Nice report. It sounds like you had a good show and
saw some great stuff. And thanks for the uscents.com link to those
errors. Very cool stuff.

--
Stu Miller
Read about Coins in the News: