How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post

Old July 15th 04, 12:51 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:23:31 -0400, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

Welcome back Reid. Ed

Thanks, Ed. It's good to be back.

--

Email:
(delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old July 15th 04, 03:55 AM
A.Gent

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:23:31 -0400, (Edward
McGrath) wrote:

Welcome back Reid. Ed

Thanks, Ed. It's good to be back.

You'd gone somewhere?

Old July 15th 04, 04:07 AM
Alan Williams

Alan Williams wrote:

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 00:14:43 +1000, "A.Gent"
wrote:

gutterfighting. I don't. So I won't respond in kind. But I will say,

...another couple of hundreds of words.

You don't seem to understand the concept "respond in kind." Let me
explain it then.

As a professional writer, do you find it frequently required to explain your
explanations? Your periodic post detailed how and where you got the
information and the fact that you consider the piece to be copyrighted.

I'm unclear about copyright on anthologies or on a synopsis. Did you clear
your intention to protect the information with the contributors?

Alan
'curious'

Reid, I know we all have limited amounts of time, so I suspect that you
simply missed this earlier, so I will *bump* it forward to your
attention again.

Did you get the permission from the people whose opinions, factoids and
assertions you used in the written piece before asserting that you owned
them as your own intellectual property?

I'm just curious as to how that works, especially since you refer to
those 'others' collectively in your intro.

Alan
'enlighten me'
Old July 15th 04, 05:48 AM
A.Gent

wrote:

gutterfighting. I don't. So I won't respond in kind. But I will say,

...another couple of hundreds of words.

You don't seem to understand the concept "respond in kind." Let me
explain it then.

condescension snipped

Reid, can you *really* not see the massive irony in your post?

Honestly?

--
Jeff R.

Old July 15th 04, 05:49 AM
A.Gent

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

Now, I know you don't care a whit about any of this, that you like him
are just in this for the flames. So I won't respond further to you.
Though you did get me to respond to you in this way, and I know you
must feel proud of this accomplishment.

Hands over ears...
"La-La-La-La! I can't hear you..."

Very mature, Reid.

--
Jeff R.

Old July 15th 04, 01:08 PM
Phil DeMayo

"A.Gent" responded:

What the hell is HMTL?

HyperText Markup Language.

It means: "as a web page"

This one got by you Jeff;

I believe the poster was pointing out that the "professional typist" and
resident computer journalist had a case of fumble-thumbs and typed HMTL instead
of HTML ;-)

However, the poster should be careful as the RG character does not respond well
to corrections such as this....I was killfiled for pointing out the difference
between canon and cannon.

++++++++++
Phil DeMayo - always here for my fellow Stooge
When bidding online always sit on your helmet
Just say NO to counterfeits
Old July 15th 04, 01:33 PM
Ian

Phil DeMayo wrote:

....I was killfiled for pointing out the difference
between canon and cannon.

I bet that must have caused you much personal pain, distress and loss of
sleep.

Ian
Old July 15th 04, 01:39 PM
A.Gent

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
"A.Gent" responded:

What the hell is HMTL?

HyperText Markup Language.

It means: "as a web page"

This one got by you Jeff;

I believe the poster was pointing out that the "professional typist" and
resident computer journalist had a case of fumble-thumbs and typed HMTL instead
of HTML ;-)

I am sweet, innocent and utterly devoid of guile. Hence my drop into the trap. I
will try to be more cynical in future.

(Difficult for a pussycat like me)

Thanks Phil.