Why do you collect coins instead of stamps???

Old August 29th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
Victor Smootbank

Default Why do you collect coins instead of stamps???

Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

Old August 29th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
note.boy

"Victor Smootbank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

Just another troll, nothing to see here, move along please, thank you.
Billy

Old August 29th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
[email protected]

Ever try to melt down your stamps?

Old August 29th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
Mr. Jaggers

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Victor Smootbank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

Just another troll, nothing to see here, move along please, thank you.

I've been called a lot of things in my day, but nobody has ever called me a
coinsniffer.

James

Old August 29th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
RWF

Gee thanks for pointing that out - you supercilious piece of cat ****!

Old August 29th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
[email protected]

In article , "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Victor Smootbank" wrote in message
oups.com...
Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

Just another troll, nothing to see here, move along please, thank you.

I've been called a lot of things in my day, but nobody has ever called me a
coinsniffer.

James

i was called a nickel chaser when i drove cab 100's of years ago.
just found out becuase the old, wind up meters went a nickel at a time.
i thought someone had figured out i like war nicks...oops.
Old August 29th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

Guys! If you're going to reply to the troll, *please* trim out the
other newsgroups! The OP included "abg.mampf" - whatever that is.

--
Jim Seymour
Old August 30th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
Guys! If you're going to reply to the troll, *please* trim out the other
newsgroups! The OP included "abg.mampf" - whatever that is

Missed that completely, thanks!

James

Old August 30th 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
Gary Loveless

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:40:54 -0700, Victor Smootbank
wrote:

Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

You mis-typed that last line, it should read "Stamps are little pieces

Old August 30th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,abg.mampf
Roßert G. Schaffrath

Victor Smootbank wrote:
Coins are ugly, smelly and heavy. True collectors do collect
stamps, they are little pieces of art!!!

While I find both interesting, when you get right down to it, the basic
materials that go into a coin are worth a heck of a lot more than what
goes in to a stamp. A defaced $1 gold coin is still worth a heck of a
lot more than a defaced $1.xx Graf Zeppelin stamp.