How many stamps on a world wide basis?

Old September 17th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

Default (RCSD) How many stamps on a world wide basis?

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
"Svend" wrote :

I have been looking around on the net including the fine site of the
UPU, FIP and so on, but unfortunately in vain.

Can anyone here help me find information as to the total number of
postage stamps issued on a yearly basis during the latest years, say
2000 - 2006. Thank you, Svend

Victor Manta :

Hi, Svend

A total of 17,836 stamps and souvenir sheets were released in 2000,
according to Linn's calculations, which are based on the new-issue
survey prepared by the editors of the German-language stamp magazine
Michel-Rundschau.
The Michel-Rundschau survey reports that ...................

(Subject line modified to include the (RCSD) anti-spam flag)

Bonjour Victor,

If I recall correctly, Michel performs this kind of survey each year (I
have seen regularly the results in the French philatelic magazines)
But I am not at home and cannot search in those old magazines.

I imagine that Michel publishes those figures somewhere on its site ?

I am not able to search for that myself (I do not understand German
language)

Could you try to find that information for the benefit of the group ?

Many thanks in advance !

(If this information is not on the web, I'll search my magazines when
back at home, in the beginning of october. I should be able to find the
number of stamps issued in the whole world in the different years 2000
to 2005 or 2006. Thus answering the query from Svend on the trend)

Bonsoir Pierre,

I've tried to find on the Web the data for other years but couldn't find
them, unfortunatly.

I hope that I can survive without these data till october, :-) and I wish
you a good time there where you are.

Amicalement,

--
Victor

Bonsoir tout le monde y compris Pierre et Victor

Me too, I will survive, but waiting eagerly to read them here. I wonder what
picture we shall see if you also add the UPU postal trends. International
mail diminishing, but spread unevenly and national mail growing just a
little, but just as unevenly among the different parts of the world. Thanks
so much for your help. / Svend

Old September 17th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_4_]

Bonsoir Svend et Victor,

Thus, I have to be sure not to forget to look at my magazines in the
begining of october when coming back home from French Far-West (AKA
Brittanny :-)

--
Cordialement,
Pierre

Old December 1st 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

Bonsoir Pierre

Des nouvelles dans tes magazines resente?
Svend