Looking for parts for an Wurlutzer Americana II

Old November 30th 10, 01:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Brian L.

Default Looking for parts for an Wurlutzer Americana II

Hi group!

I usually do arcades and not jukeboxes, but a buddy of mine has a
player which needs parts and I thought I'd help him out.

It's an older player from the '70's, a Wurlutzer - model 3200 -
Americana II - Serial #702036.
It needs a 1) Trip switch #121229 and 2) Belt(2) #124527.
I got these numbers from the manual: WURLUTZER 3200 SERIES AMERICANA
II of 1968 "printing 1983".

Anybody selling these parts, please let me know how much? Or are
there any suitable replacements out there since the parts are so old?
Any help or direction on where to look would be much appreciated! And
I can get more info. if needed, like the size of the belt and any
markings on the Trip Switch.

Thanks! Brian

Old November 30th 10, 02:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

On Nov 29, 8:50*pm, "Brian L." wrote:
Hi group!

I usually do arcades and not jukeboxes, but a buddy of mine has a
player which needs parts and I thought I'd help him out.

It's an older player from the '70's, a Wurlutzer - model 3200 -
Americana II - Serial #702036.
It needs a 1) Trip switch #121229 and 2) Belt(2) #124527.
I got these numbers from the manual: WURLUTZER 3200 SERIES AMERICANA
II of 1968 "printing 1983".

Anybody selling these parts, please let me know how much? *Or are
there any suitable replacements out there since the parts are so old?
Any help or direction on where to look would be much appreciated! *And
I can get more info. if needed, like the size of the belt and any
markings on the Trip Switch.

Thanks! Brian

Brian, for belts, if you get Always Jukin' (magazine). You can see a
free sample copy here and look at the ad's for parts suppliers:
http://alwaysjukin.storesecured.com/...ssues/list.htm

I did get a number of the belts from Peach State distributors several
years ago The stock number is 32-12457 at the time they were $2.90ea
Their phone is 1800-7273224

Is the trip switch missing, or just not working/intermittent? I
generally just remove them and carefully dribble either contact
cleaner or (confession here) WD40 into them while working their
levers.

BTW: the 3200 is a 1968 model.

Rob
Old November 30th 10, 03:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Brian L.

Thanks Rob! I checked out Always Jukin' and there's alot of good info
there. I think I've got what I need to make this happen.
Thanks again!
Old December 24th 10, 01:21 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L. View Post
Hi group!

I usually do arcades and not jukeboxes, but a buddy of mine has a
player which needs parts and I thought I'd help him out.

It's an older player from the '70's, a Wurlutzer - model 3200 -
Americana II - Serial #702036.
It needs a 1) Trip switch #121229 and 2) Belt(2) #124527.
I got these numbers from the manual: WURLUTZER 3200 SERIES AMERICANA
II of 1968 "printing 1983".

Anybody selling these parts, please let me know how much? Or are
there any suitable replacements out there since the parts are so old?
Any help or direction on where to look would be much appreciated! And
I can get more info. if needed, like the size of the belt and any
markings on the Trip Switch.

Thanks! Brian
I have the same jukebox and have found if you contact your local "o-ring" dealer and have the old belt for size and length; you can get many belts for .50 each. I got tired of searching the web and finding people who want $6.00 for one belt and another $4.00 for shipping/handling and then receiving a belt inside an envelope with a 42 cent stamp on it.