Paul Evans weekly reality check

Old February 10th 04, 11:15 AM
trippin2-8track

Default Paul Evans weekly reality check

(The Poodlebutt) wrote in message om...
If there was anything resembling divine justice in this world, you
would not be allowed to listen to any recordings as sublime as "Get
Yer Ya-Ya's Out."

You are the 8 tracking equivalent of drunken little Janis Joplin,
screaming over and over to hear "Paint It Black." Shut the **** up
already. Most of the rest of us made the same 8T/CD comparison years
and years ago, long before you dragged your deck out of the closet and
made a post about this momentous occasion about two years ago.

Gee Paul, thanks for granting your lowly permission, allowing me to
listen to a tape I've owned since 1978. The reason I never did the
"same 8T/CD comparison and years ago", is cuz my entire CD collection
comprised of 2 CD's up until 1995. See, I never changed over from
analog- preferring to stay with vinyl and 8-track. My 8t player was
hooked up full time until 1994. When I moved, I stored it in the back
room, but brought it out occasionally for a few weeks at time. That
old deck played tapes in the 1970's, that you will never live to hear-
meanwhile you were still ****ting yellow. And for the record, I did
the 8T/CD comparo before, just not back to back until now.

You are really in the dark if your entire Stones experience is limited
to recordings. I saw them live in 1994 Voodoo Lounge tour. Stage
show included 60 foot high fire breathing snakes, giant Elvis figure
strumming guitar, and Virgin Mary with rosary beads all at once. No
one does it bigger, and few better, than the Stones.

"Sublime"...poor description. You obviously never saw them.
Old February 11th 04, 03:21 AM
The Poodlebutt

You are really in the dark if your entire Stones experience is limited
to recordings. I saw them live in 1994 Voodoo Lounge tour. Stage
show included 60 foot high fire breathing snakes, giant Elvis figure
strumming guitar, and Virgin Mary with rosary beads all at once. No
one does it bigger, and few better, than the Stones.

"Sublime"...poor description. You obviously never saw them.

Saw them twice in '89, but I would not count those dates for much as
they had been totally washed up for 10+ years.

Snuck all the way to the fourth row, where I was about to put the
moves on my drunken high school English teacher right as some asshole
usher walked up and asked for my stub.

Voodoo Lounge tour. You must have felt right at home with all the
other washed up losers who paid too much to get in.
Old February 11th 04, 01:08 PM
trippin2-8track

well good for you- you saw the Stones before they kick, consider
yourself lucky. They ain't no gods of country either.

Now look- you gotta lot of nerve busting people's balls on this site,
when you didn't even know what an 8-track was until you went to
college and dropped out, and got to **** around with someone's
collection for a few months. So you took on the hobby with all the
excitement of a neophyte and bought a ****load of sensing foil.
Commendable. Your buddies make replacement pads- also commendable.

Cool beans. But then you guys stymied this 8-track hobby NG, and
wouldn't entertain anyone else fixing their tapes unless the stuff you
sold. That's arrogant and hypocritical, and ANTI 8-track mind. And if
anyone so much as squeaked Walmart foil or Scotch tape or home made
pads, all 3 of you guys would attack them- along with your other
cronies. It's plain as day in the archives.

I happened along this NG later, and you guys TRIED to emasculate the
same way too. But I retaliated like no one you ever read. Just keep
that in mind. Then you guys lose heart and disappear, and pull your
silly killfile nonsense, and phone calls to my family and home, and
spam email, and talk Malcolm into starting another site (which you
guys don't post on anyway hardly BTW)

Now, if your willing to stop this juvenile ****, we can get on with
the meat of the hobby. Life's to short to flame war daily on a net NG.
To me, it's more than a hobby, it's my ****ing lifestyle. I live and
breath 8-tracks.

And I'll give you this. If someone had a Clash or Lou Reed or Madonna
tape worth some cabbage, they should put a Win-Gib in is, and fix it
with real splice tape and real sensing foil. I agree there 100%, and
always did. But if someone has a bootleg of Fleetwood Mac Rumours he
got for 10 cents, and just wants to listen to it in a cheapie $5
Precor multiplex, it ain't friggin' this universe if he splices it
with Walmart foil and Scotch, and cuts some pads from an old seat
cushion. Not everyone is a top end high dollar collector.

Now I'm done with you guys, I've had my fun. We're square, and this
flame is ending right now from my end. And believe me I'm glad you're
all into 8-tracks and you're intelligent enough to know they are
better. That says something about your IQ. Just let people fix tapes
their own way. You can lead the horse to water, don't try to force him
to drink. I'm not going anywhere, and intend to remain right here
using this site for it's good qualities.
Old February 11th 04, 01:14 PM
trippin2-8track

Concert tickets prices are up there. Agreed.

Not always the case. I saw Uriah Heep my first concert for $7

I believe the Stones was around $35 a ticket, floor ticket next to the
sound/light console. Not too much, that's the going rate.
Old February 11th 04, 01:28 PM
trippin2-8track

What is it with English teachers ?? They can mesmerize any man. My
high school senior English teacher used to sit with tight pants on, on
the edge of her desk, and read from the lit book, with her legs
spread. Us guys in the back would be staring at an outline of beaver
covered with a thin layer of clothing for the next 50 minutes. Never
heard a word she said though...
Old February 14th 04, 01:08 AM
The Poodlebutt

(trippin2-8track) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Hey Charlie: How about you go **** yourself, right straight up your
asshole, howzabout?

You mean, you intend to keep right here using this site in the hopes
that one day, you might make a new friend? Fat ****ing chance, you
grade C asswipe prick.
Old February 14th 04, 04:31 PM
trippin2-8track

I tried to email you, for some reason it bounced back saying that your
hotmail account has been shut off. Any ideas why that happened ?