Best shirt-pocket notebook?

Old December 16th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
JerryG

Default Best shirt-pocket notebook?

"JimL" wrote in
oups.com:

Index cards. I think I posted this here or in another thread. Since
I go through so many notes, most not permanent, I just keep a stack of
cards in my pocket, use a binder clip, keep adding blank cards to the
back, and take away from the top,to either toss or store.
.
If I used a bound pocket nogtebook, I would go through more than one
per week!
.
Examples to toss: "to do" lists, a possibly daily appt schedules
.
Examples to keep: Meeting notes, chargeable hours, mileage and other
expenses.
I just returned to this system after a 20-year break. I found my old
wooden card file box, which still had its dividers of basic
categories.

Of course, Levenger's will gladly sell you any of several models of
"pocket briefcases" that hold cards, also custom printed and
purchased from them I have a plastic cover from a pocket calendar
where I thrrew out the calendar insert. It has a nice pocket, inside
both front and back covers, which hold cards, once side written on,
other side fresh blank supply.

Advantage over a bound book: The cards can be shuffled and sorted,
added to, and filed away.

Now, I'm not knocking the bound books -- I love them. But I use them
for more permanent record keeping - different sizes and volumes for
different uses. Those can remain on my desk(s), and not carried.

At a major auto manufacturer, this 3x5 card system was widely used for a
long time, and many still do. It can work pretty well. I use a
Franklin/Covey Classic system, and really enjoy writing in it. It has
more room to write, but is definitely a handful to carry around.
Old December 17th 06, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
mge

Levenger has a great one.

Old December 17th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Paul G

these vary batch to batch.
some suck up ink...others are too slick

"mge" wrote in message