Bank teller tells me that dollar bill WILL be replaced by Golden Dollar coin!

Old August 8th 05, 01:46 AM
Fred Shecter

As I've pointed out several times in the past: the URL has a colon at the
end and Outlook Express loves to drop punctuation marks from the end of
URLs.

Simply click on it, when you get the "page not found" screen, add the colon
at the end in the address bar.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

"Barney" wrote in message
"shreadvector" wrote in
oups.com:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:s.01047

I could not get this link to work...

Barney

Old August 8th 05, 01:47 AM
Fred Shecter

Spouses. It's in the full text on the web. Use the links I provided or use
Thomas directly.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Current eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...sortpropertyZ1

"Barney" wrote in message
"shreadvector" wrote in
oups.com:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...9:SN01047:@@@N

Cosponsors are piling on.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:s.01047:

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...Z1QQsassZshrea
dvector

"Title: A bill to require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in
commemoration of each of the Nation's past Presidents and their spouses,
respectively to improve circulation of the $1 coin, to create a new
bullion coin, and for other purposes."

I hope the part that says "to improve circulation of the $1 coin" is the
fact that they plan to stop printing one dollar bills after the
presidential series is over. I can only keep my fingers crossed!

I also wonder what "new bullion coin" means.

Barney

Old August 8th 05, 07:31 AM
Michael G. Koerner

Barney wrote:
"Fred Shecter" wrote in
ink.net:

They will continue to mint Sacagaweas as well (not sure if they will
also have the Statue of Liberty on the reverse).

Do you mean AFTER the presidential series or DURING the presidential
series?

To the best of my knowledge, the bill calls for half of the total $1 coin
production to be the commemorative design and the other half the existing
'Sac' design throughout the duration of that program. That will be a *LOT* of
coins and, absent any independant confirmation, Fred's report on the coins
becoming the 'default' $1 in the banking system is trending towards passing my
'smell' test.

Any more official/semi-official word on this?

BTW, Welcome back, Barney! :-)

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old August 8th 05, 10:27 AM
Barney

"Fred Shecter" wrote in
nk.net:

As I've pointed out several times in the past: the URL has a colon at
the end and Outlook Express loves to drop punctuation marks from the
end of URLs.

Simply click on it, when you get the "page not found" screen, add the
colon at the end in the address bar.

Thanks, that worked!

Barney
Old August 8th 05, 10:59 AM
Barney

"Michael G. Koerner" wrote in
:

report on the coins
becoming the 'default' $1 in the banking system is trending towards
passing my 'smell' test.

Any more official/semi-official word on this?

BTW, Welcome back, Barney! :-)

Hi, it feels good to be here! Though I never really did leave, I just
pop in now and then to see if there is any GD news!

I'm still using my Johnson Belt Changer with the dollar sized tube at
work...Dominos. And I still get at least 4-6 dollar rolls every week
from my local bank. Though that's not quite the one box per month I used
to do. The ratio of GDs per box I order is a very good 70%. To me, that
just means less SBAs to get rid of.

Like you, I'm sure everyone eles would like to see the "official word" on
this GD situation. I really want to beleive, and the source so far has
been a very good one. It just makes me wonder though without seeing some
kind of bill writen for the halt of the paper dollar.

I've still got my fingers crossed!

Barney
Old August 9th 05, 03:10 AM
Fred Shecter

Not a peep, but I just interact with "normal" tellers. Either we need
another "special" replacement teller during a period of high absence or
someone needs to find out what bar the bank insiders hang out in.

I've been way to busy at work to do much other than check a bookmarked link
once in a while for status updates. Since the Senate in in recess there will
be no movement for a month, but there could be press reports if Senators
start talking about this.

I also have not bothered to call and ask any staff (the folks who do a lot
of the work).

I've been flooding my coworkers with the Super Shiny GDs and spending a
bunch as well and folks are going nuts over them. We must get rid of the
commingled Susies! Send them to one of the "dollarized" countries. Then
again, if they flood us with Prezibux the Susies will be diluted and truely
bcome "RARE APOLLO XI DOLLAR COINS FROM THE 1900's". (The folks at work also
get a kick out of those rolls every so often.)

--

___________________________________________ ____
_______________
Regards, | |\ ____

Old August 9th 05, 01:55 PM
shreadvector

http://www.sununu.senate.gov/pressap...56&&year=2005&

See if the link above works. It leads you to the press release from
Senator John Sununu (who also graduated from MIT).

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...shreadv ector