Rockola 488 --How to set to Continuous play?

Old November 20th 07, 01:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Rockola 488 --How to set to Continuous play?

I have a Rockola 488 that I did a restore on for my home. Is it
possible to set it on random/continuous play unless someone enters a
selection?

It has a Rock-Ola Profit Setter 53360-A with three banks of DIP
switches labeled: A (Special Functions), B (BONUS), and D (PRICE).
With all DIPS on D set to open it sets the system to 99 credits (Free
play). Now I just need to get it to start playing randomly when
turned on.

I am a newb to jukeboxes so be gentile.

-S
Old November 28th 07, 03:24 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

Shawn,

You can put the juke on free-play by putting all the switches on Bank D to "off". Random play, which is a song played at random on a "timed" interval is set with Bank A Switch 8. Switch 6 of the same bank will set the time to 10 - 30 minutes interval when "on" and 20 - 60 minutes when "off".

Although there are test sequences which will play pre-determined records, there is no "continuous" play option. Unfortunately, since the amp is designed to handle a phono level input, trying to use a background line level input is impractical.

Back in the day, I would use a relay controlled by the TT voltage to switch speaker lines between a location provided sound system and the jukebox. If you need it, I can send you a schematic for achieving this mode of operation.