Old slot machines

Old March 16th 06, 12:39 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Old slot machines

Any place i can ask a question about old slots ?

Old March 16th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

NO...
Just kidding.

What do you want to know?
This isn't going to turn into another Ken Opinion-fest, is it?
I don't want someone telling me that Columbia slots are worth $5,000.00
because they think that they are pretty.
I've done a lot with old slots over the years and maybe I can answer a
question for you. I also am good friends with some of the "heavy hitters" in
the slot collecting world whom I can ask if needed.

Old March 16th 06, 03:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Ken G. ) wrote:
: Any place i can ask a question about old slots ?

There seem to be some people that are pretty knowledgeable about slots over
in rec.games.pinball. Too bad there isn't a newsgroup for slot machines.

Jim McCullars
Huntsville, AL
Old March 17th 06, 01:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

I have no opinions on slots .. i know nothing about them , your in luck
..

Anyway someone asked me to work on one and of coarse i only have a poor
description of what he said .
He said its a very big machine standing 3 foot tall . he kept telling me
how big it was . He then said something about a clutch then the fact the
machine was storred in a very hot room and some black stuff had melted
and ran onto the coins in the bottom then the fact he heard old slots
were not supposed to get hot .

Is there such a thing ? i will probably be working on it later .

Old March 17th 06, 01:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Is it the one that has the target shaped thing in the top glass with rings
that light up sequentially for different jackpot amounts?
I'm trying to recall it. If it's a Bally you can probably get a schematic
for it. If it's an Aristocrat or Sega you might want to dumpster it.
Can you email me a pic of it?
If I'm working on a slot for someone I normally add the price of a manual
and schematic to the repair price and leave the paperwork with the machine
when I give it back.
I am NOT a slot repairman!!!!!
I just help out friends when they can't get a slot figured out themselves.
I used to do repairs on slots, jukes, etc. for the general public before I
had kids and bought a company, but now I don't have the time. Plus I got
tired of people saying "I only paid $50.00 for this slot machine so I can't
believe that you want $300.00 to fix it".
Thanks!
Keith
"flashbk13" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Keith,
do you or some of the "heavy weights" you mentioned below have a repair
manuel/ schematics for a 1965 EM Space slot? There is no model number
on it. It is a high boy (3' tall) 2 compartment (upper and lower front
doors), 5 coin multiple, center line pay, progressive machine. Thats
all the info I have on it. Thank you, Rick.

"Ken G." wrote in message
Any place i can ask a question about old slots ?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old March 19th 06, 09:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Hi Keith,
No, it's not a sega, aristocrat, or bally. This is a Space mfg. slot
(the last name change of the old pace company). Not many of these
around. :O Rick.

Old March 19th 06, 06:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Thanks Keith I can email you a couple pics (inside and out) if that
helps. Rick.

Old March 20th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Hi- I am a slot tech and have worked on the Space/Pace machines over the
years. Unfortunately they are not the quality machine of a Bally. Your
machine is probably an EM (electro-mechanical) that plugs into the AC. The
black stuff you are referring to is usually associated in not only your
machine but Bally as well. In the hopper the is a 'star' rubber agitator
that's purpose is to keep the coins falling to the other edge of the hopper
so the coin wheel will pick them up and feed them past the coin counter and
out the chute to the coin tray. For reasons unknown, these rubber stars go
into meltdown after 20+years and goo up the coins which in turn jam up in
the coin counter and chute causing a real mess. These agitators are
available from several sources. If this is the same problem you are
experiencing once you open the machine you will see it very quickly as soon
as you pull the hopper. Cleaning with acetone will work but do it outside
away from sparks and in fresh air. You could expect to spend 3-4 hrs
cleaning the machine and coins. Value on a EM Space/Pace between $200-600 US
dollars.

Hope this helps, Al

Old March 21st 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Hi Al,
Thank you for the info. You must have me confused with someone else as
I didn't write about a black goo, but good to know if my machine gets
that problem. My question is do you have a schematic/ repair manual for
this machine or any 1965 Space EM slot? I can email you pics of it as
there is no model number on it, but the description of it is in the
earlier posts in this thread. Thank you, Rick.

Old March 21st 06, 03:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

But what about my original question