STD4 Scans twice

Old March 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default STD4 Scans twice

I've got the typical problem scans twice and no play. All the voltages are
correct. If I charge the tormats with a battery every selection plays, but I
don't think I have a write in problem. If I clear the tormats and trip the
mechanism release lever it will select and play normally. Then I turn the
juke on the next day and I have the same problem, but tripping the release
lever and I'm back to normal operation. It sounds like a contact on the
mechanism but nothing in the t-shooting guide points me in that direction
for these symptoms.

Old March 18th 06, 02:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

If you can get the juke to play records when you set the tormat with a
battery but it won't select from the keyboard, then you have a write-in
problem. That's what the tormat test proved. There are contacts in the coin
accumulator, on the keyboard, and on the mechanism that are involved in this
and any one of them in the circuit could be your problem. It could also be a
power supply problem. When you say "the next day tripping the mechanism
release lever and I'm back to normal" do you mean that the juke begins
selecting and playing as it should? If that is the case it could more likely
indicate a contact problem on the mechanism, but there's still a chance that
it could still be a problem someplace else.

--
Charley

Old March 18th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Yes I agree about it possibly being a contact problem. I'm studying the
manual trying to understand how the carriage mechanism contacts factor in to
playing selections. What I'm trying to explain with "the next day tripping
the mechanism release lever and I'm back to normal" is when I turn it on I
get the classic scan twice, stop at the park position and never play a
record syndrome. If I then trip the release lever it will play normally as
long as I leave it on. I haven't tried cycling the power immediately after
it's playing normally, but the next day or so later I have to do the same
thing to get playing normally.

"Charley" wrote in message
m...
[...]

CPK Dolls & Misc Items--- FS Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:53 PM
CPK Dolls & Misc. Items--- F S Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:49 PM
CPK D O L L S FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:30 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 02:11 AM