Keeping mute from muting

Old March 17th 08, 09:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Keeping mute from muting

I don't have the money right now for the cdadapter fix for my ailing
cd player in my R-93 Rowe combo. So... I have run a line into the juke
from my computer which I run the SK jukebox software. My question is
how to keep the amp from muting at the end of a record? Right now I
just leave the tone arm in the up position the record never ends and
the amp is on. This works great except, I would like to play the vinyl
selections as well.

Long story short. How do I keep the mute from muting?

Thanks, Steve
Old March 17th 08, 11:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
joe_x

Steve,
I believe the clean way to feed an external sound source into your R93 amp
is to install the Amplifier accesory board kit that Rowe makes. It mounts
on the amp, and has several options. One of the options is a feed from a
background music device. Whenever you play a record, it switches to the
input from the tonearm. When the record ends, the board switches over to
the external device input after an adjustable delay. The kits show up
occasionally on eBay and usually sell for $30-$40 dollars. There are 3
needed cables that come with the kit, and installation instructions, so be
sure if you buy the board, it has cables and instructions. If you have a
manual, you can find the kit and board numbers listed on the optional
equipment page.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/g...ng.juke-boxes/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/faq.html

Old March 18th 08, 01:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Mar 17, 7:32*pm, "joe_x" wrote:
Steve,
I believe the clean way to feed an external sound source into your R93 amp
is to install the Amplifier accesory board kit that Rowe makes. It mounts
on the amp, and has several options. One of the options is a feed from a
background music device. Whenever you play a record, it switches to the
input from the tonearm. When the record ends, the board switches over to
the external device input after an adjustable delay. The kits show up
occasionally on eBay and usually sell for $30-$40 dollars. There are 3
needed cables that come with the kit, and installation instructions, so be
sure if you buy the board, it has cables and instructions. If you have a
manual, you can find the kit and board numbers listed on the optional
equipment page.

--
Message posted usinghttp://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/group/alt.collecting.juke-boxes/
More information athttp://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/faq.html

Is this the one? It doesn't seem to be what I am looking for.
http://www.happcontrols.com/amusemen...x/95078400.htm

Old March 18th 08, 03:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Mar 17, 9:37*pm, wrote:
On Mar 17, 7:32*pm, "joe_x" wrote:

[...]

Is this the one? It doesn't seem to be what I am looking for.http://www.happcontrols.com/amusemen.../95078400.htm- Hide quoted text -

Well, I seemed to have figured this out. When looking at the cd
supplemental manual it shows the mute on the orange black wire running
from the mute plug up to the computer. fortunately there is a
connector on this wire in front of the mech and i unplugged it. Now no
muting! The record mech is not very noisy when changing records so the
lack of mute seems to be no problem. And the line in works great. The
only odd thing is that even when the juke is turned off the line in
keeps playing. Is the amp always on even when the juke is turned off?

Old March 18th 08, 03:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
joe_x

First - the Happ kit you found isn't the one that Rowe makes, but maybe it
does the same thing as the rowe kit. Maybe somebody else knows.

Second, if you figured out a way to suppress mute, then great - but does
it cause two inputs at the same time instead of toggling between tonearm
input and external device input.

I think you're right, that the amp is always on. I think you can plug the
amp into the other outlet on the PS to turn it off with the main on/off
switch. I'm guessing that Rowe set it up that way so the microphone and/or
external input device works even with the juke turned off. Maybe a Rowe
expert can provide the answer.

Old March 19th 08, 01:07 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

I am going through a R93 project right now, and the amp does stay on
as long as the machine is turned on. That is why the mute line is
used.

Great box, I am looking for a amp for mine and hope to get it together
soon.

Rock out!
Old March 19th 08, 01:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

On Mar 18, 7:07 am, wrote:
I don't have the money right now for the cdadapter fix for my ailing
cd player in my R-93 Rowe combo. So... I have run a line into the juke
from my computer which I run the SK jukebox software. My question is
how to keep the amp from muting at the end of a record? Right now I
just leave the tone arm in the up position the record never ends and
the amp is on. This works great except, I would like to play the vinyl
selections as well.

Long story short. How do I keep the mute from muting?

Thanks, Steve

the orange/black wire that comes out of the amp 6 pin utilux connector
should be taken to ground in order to stop mute from happening. A
suitable ground would be the white/black wire(s) that come out of the
same connector. Whenever this is grounded the amp should be un-muted,
and therefore can play whatever signal is presented to its input
terminals. I would advise disconnecting the orange/black wire (note -
if you look underneath the record mechanism you probably will find a
one-pin plug with this wire - you can simply unplug it to isolate the
CCC) so as you arent earthing the CCC control output thats on the
other end of this wire (CCC and light control module are often
connected to it also)

It also may be possible by adding or removing a wire jumper from the
13 pin header in the middle of the amp chassis, if you check the
schematic this should help determine if its possible and how to do it.

IIRC the mute system is brought to some of these pins.