Seeburg AY160

Old October 31st 06, 04:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
USSEnterprise

Default Seeburg AY160

How much is one worth restored?

Old October 31st 06, 06:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

I'm about ready to GIVE you a jukebox, so you stop asking about the value of
jukes every day!
Just kidding.
A restored AY is worth about a grand if it's COMPLETELY restored, meaning
that the crowns are either new or re-chromed, and the amp has been
COMPLETELY rebuilt.
Not a very good looking juke in my opinion. I'd MUCH rather have the Seeburg
"B" that someone was offering you a few days ago.

"USSEnterprise" wrote in message
ups.com...
How much is one worth restored?

Old November 1st 06, 12:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

Dig this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...c560516ea00b49

"USSEnterprise" wrote in message
oups.com...
Who had a seeburg B?

Old November 1st 06, 03:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
psapinball

A restored AY is worth about a grand if it's COMPLETELY restored, meaning
that the crowns are either new or re-chromed, and the amp has been
COMPLETELY rebuilt.

I feel that is a low price for a completely restores AY. You can spend
$600.00 just in chrome on those boxes. Plus a rebuilt amp and TSU ae
worth a few hundred a peice. Then cleaning and repaiting the mech is
worth a bit of money also. I think a totally restored one should go
closer to $2K if done correct. I know some people don't care for the
looks but I think they are nice boxes.

Good Luck,
Bret

Old November 1st 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Don Lanway

What it cost and what it's worth are often miles apart.... you could try to
get $2K for a real gem, but usually the buyers will only go around a grand,
no matter how nice it is.
The last really beautiful DS160 I sold, really looking like new, both the
amp and control center rebuilt, original side paint in near new
condition,with the ears... went for $1400.00 In my opinion, a MUCH prettier
jukebox.

Wish I had it back, dammit.

Lanway

ups.com...

Old November 1st 06, 11:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Keith Stelter

It's not about what it costs to restore them. It's about what people are
paying for them these days.
I can spend $30,000.00 restoring a $10,000.00 car, but it will still be
worth $10,000.00.
No one is getting $2,000.00 for a restored AY these days.
Hell, you can't get $2,000.00 for a restored Seeburg "C" anymore.
Juke prices these days are LOW.

Old November 1st 06, 03:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

The AY160 is an average ``looking`` jukebox in general . Things can be
done to the cabinet to pretty it up so it sells for more . The last one
i had was pretty rough so i put red and almond formica on the sides ,
made sure the speaker grille was super new looking and painted the
crowns gold and put in chrome inserts in them .
I put a bunch of very colorfull title strips in too . It kinda had that
`coke machine` look to it . It found a new owner fairly quick .

Old November 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Pinsgonewild

That would be a DS never saw an AY with ears...