Collection Focus

Old June 4th 10, 12:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Collection Focus

I have known for quite awhile that to be good at collecting I must
stay focused.
I have also found that I cannot work several different collections at
one time.
If I put a collection aside for a few weeks it takes much time to
remember where I was and what I was doing.
I envy those that have their collections well organized. Me, I am a
accumulator rather than a collector.

Ralph

Old June 4th 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Art

On Jun 4, 7:54*am, Ralphael1 wrote:
I have known for quite awhile that to be good at collecting I must
stay focused.
I have also found that I cannot work several different collections at
one time.
If I put a collection aside for a few weeks it takes much time to
remember where I was and what I was doing.
I envy those that have their collections well organized. Me, I am a
accumulator rather than a collector.

Ralph

Hi,
One thing about having several projects going at the same time is
if you get tired of one or get stuck, you have something else to take
on. At almost 83 I know if I get writer's block on one project, I have
several other books or research projects or articles to work on after
I take a nap.

Art
Old June 5th 10, 11:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jun 4, 4:36*pm, Art wrote:
[...]

Ah common Art, you are OLD and can;t remember stuff (CRS) just like
me.
My CRS id advanced. I can find many things to kill time with other
than stamps.
Some people say they are bored. I don't ever remember being bored.
I do get burned out occasionally with stamps, especially when I can't
find a stamp
that is missing from my collection.

Ralph
Old July 3rd 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Albert

On 4 jun, 17:36, Art wrote:
[...]

Its hard for me to find some time for a nap !
That s why I sometimes think to get rid of some collections.

Every collector begins as an accumulator, and sometimes its stops as
an accumulator for not knowing how to get rid of all those stamps.

I have to get rid of some for sure, and dont know how too...

Maybe a recent philatelic club we are founding for the kids interested
be a solution.,

Best Regards
Albert
Old July 3rd 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jul 3, 8:28*am, Albert wrote:
On 4 jun, 17:36, Art wrote:

[...]

I too need to rid myself of many stamps.
The trouble is nearly all my stamps are fairly common and most
dealers will not buy because there is no demand.
I would be very lucky if I could get 5% of catalog value.
The used stamps will never sell.
Give them to a kids club? There are no kids collecting stamps here.
In my case a bonfire is not out of the question.

Ralph.
Old July 6th 10, 04:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 3, 4:09*pm, Ralphael1 wrote:
On Jul 3, 8:28*am, Albert wrote:

On 4 jun, 17:36, Art wrote:

[...]

Hey Ralph:

If you want to give stamps to kids, I can recommend
The Western Postal History Foundation
920 North First Avenue
Tucson, Arizona
AZ 85719

They are a registered US charity and if there is
any financial value, you can get a tax receipt.

They support educational programs through stamps
and sell off pricier donations to get cash for the programs.

At one point, their programs served over 5,000 kids
with asthma, etc. if my memory is correct. So volume
of cheap stamps is OK.

Cheers
Blair

Old July 6th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 3, 8:28*am, Albert wrote:

On 4 jun, 17:36, Art wrote:

[...]

For your info.....

Here is a power point presentation about them.
http://posthorn.scc-online.org/Hartford.ppt

In 2007-08 over 300 thousand stamps were provided
to kids worldwide.

Blair

Pacific Focus? [email protected] Coins 5 January 29th 07 02:12 AM
FS 03 Fleer Focus SGlas87862 Football (US) 0 December 7th 03 01:28 AM
FS 03 Fleer Focus SGlas87862 Football (US) 0 December 5th 03 04:24 AM
FS 03/04 Fleer Focus SGlas87862 Basketball 0 October 17th 03 01:00 AM
FS New 03/04 Fleer Focus SGlas87862 Basketball 0 October 11th 03 12:45 PM