OT. Personal responsibility vs. collective one. On this day in History....12th Dec

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 17th 03, 06:28 PM
Tracy Barber

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:31:16 GMT, Bob Ingraham
wrote:

12/16/2003 10:08 PM

Tracy Barber wrote:
snipped

In 1980, President Carter appointed a special commission to
investigate the entire internment affair. The commission concluded
that the decisions to remove those of Japanese ancestry to prison
camps occurred because of ³race prejudice, war hysteria, and a failure
of political leadership.² In 1988, Congress apologized and granted
personal compensation of $20,000 to each surviving prisoner.

That was a stupid and asinine move by Carter. A sincere apology at most
would have sufficed. In no way were/are the descendents of this affair
liable for anything their ancesters did, especially the monetary
compensation. This is all part of the touchey-feeley do-gooder stinking
Liberal agenda being pushed by idiots who think money can resolve
everything. They think they are obligated to right every wrong that has
ever occurred, and do it with money. That in itself should show how
ignorant and out of touch with reality they are. What a large vessel of
bovine fecal material. Yes, everyone is entitled to my opinion!
/soapbox

How woud you feel if you were the child of a farmer or fisherman whose
family had had everything taken from you, and you had been separated from
your father for the duration of the war, and forced to live in what amounted
to a prison camp. Would you not feel that your family was entitled to some
compensation? Are you telling us that you would want or expect nothing more
than an apology. If we cannot find compassion in our hearts for people who
are truly wronged, than we have a problem. Not that we don't have problems
enough!

If the money is there -OR- has to be gotten by whatever means, it
would be nice if the govt. did give some compensation to the people -
IF they didn't actively participate in the war / conflict against
those who are making compensation.

Not only Japanese in internment camps, but European people who bank in
Swiss banks and everywhere else. Yes, I feel that what was owned by
Joe Public should be given to Joe Public and not hoarded by the "lucky
ones" because Joe Public died during the conflict. Relatives
(children, heis, etc.) are entitled to that $.

Tracy Barber

GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
FA: CONTEMPORARY AMERICAN PHILOSOPHY - PERSONAL STATEMENTS - Two Volume Set DuLaze Books 0 June 30th 04 07:15 PM
Ira has been served! Ira Stein Coins 53 May 8th 04 08:48 PM
Interesting case Ned Flanders Coins 1 April 16th 04 10:34 PM
FS: 1989 "Personal Fouls" (N.C. State Basketaball) 1st Edition Hardcover Book J.R. Sinclair Basketball 0 November 25th 03 05:31 AM