m800 disaster

Old March 20th 04, 05:29 AM
Garglemonster

Default m800 disaster

my editing/correcting pen fell apart! i suspect that someone in the
house tried to jerk the cap off. however, no one is owning up to it,
and it's still a mystery to me just how this happened. in any case,
the section came off the barrel, with the nib-feed unit and section
still stuck in the cap. any suggestions about repair? looks like the
right adhesive would fix the problem pretty easily -- as long as i
could get the section, nib, and feed out of the cap.

------|
--------| --------------|
------ | |----------|----------o
------ | | | ||||||/
--------| |----------|/
------| --------------|
\ \ \
\ clear inner barrel \
\ section
striped celluloid layer

why i did this ascii drawing escapes me now that i've finished it.

thanks in advance.

--

Hello? Enema Bondage? I'm calling because I want to be happy, I
guess ...
Old March 20th 04, 03:55 PM
Paul G

Send this piece back to Pelikan (Chartpak)...this is the type of break
that warrants a replacement.
Good luck!

Old March 20th 04, 09:59 PM
Garglemonster

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:55:31 -0500, "Paul G" said:

Paul Send this piece back to Pelikan (Chartpak)...this is the
Paul type of break that warrants a replacement. Good luck!

i'm in canada. chartpak is american, no?

i'll probably send it in, but i would like some ideas on how to deal
with this type of break so i can fix one of my true blunders.

thanks!

--

Is it politically correct to even be here?
Old March 21st 04, 04:03 AM
MJT

Well, same thing happened to my pen, not complete separation, but enough to
show, and to leak ink. And, I can say with certainty that it wasn't due to
abuse of any kind.

Sent it to Chartpak under warranty, and got a working pen back. Looks like
they simply replaced the barrel.

Sent from Canada to the US and return. Mark it as being sent "for repair, to
be returned" on the customs form and keep the shipping receipt. (just in
case) Ask Chartpak to indicate same on the form when they return it, and you
shouldn't have to pay when it comes back across the border.

Michel.

Old March 29th 04, 09:32 PM
Rick

I have owned 2 Pelikans so far. An M600 and an M200 and they both had
the barrels break on me. I am not rough with my pens so I called them
and told them what had happened. On both occasions they told me "No
problem" and within 4 days I received my old pens back with new
barrels. They told me that it happens a lot with the Pelikans and with
that pen, that is the achilles heal.
The weak barrel.
Good luck!