Please support the Gallery Mint Museum project ASAP!

Old August 20th 03, 08:14 PM
Edwin Johnston

Default Please support the Gallery Mint Museum project ASAP!

I received a copy of the Gallery Mint Museum Collector's update today in the
mail.
Contained in the issue was an immediate plea to help fund the creation of
the museum through the purchase of any current products. I've typed the plea
from the issue below.
Please consider immediately purchasing something from them to assist in the
creation of the museum. They just finished working on their newest creation,
a reproduction of the 1792 Birch Cent. They also have available a musical CD
of their band, The Doe Brothers, titled "Rolling in the Doe." In between
they have a variety of offerings to fit anyone's budget. Your investment now
for any one of these beautiful creations will ensure that Americans will be
able to enjoy a living history of numismatics through the work of this
museum.
And if you weren't already aware, Gallery Mint Museum's chief engraver, Ron
Landis recently won the distinguised Numismatic Art Award for Excellence in
Medallic Sculpture from the ANA. Continued support from the numismatic
community will sustain the unique creativity and the tireless dedication of
the crew at the Gallery Mint Museum.
Please stop by their newly redesigned website and have a look today:
http://www.gallerymint.com

From the August, 2003 issue of the Gallery Mint Museum Collector's Update:

MUSEUM PROJECT UNDER WAY
Your Support is Needed Now

It is no secret that we've been working toward building a working museum of
minting technology since the inception fo Gallery Mint Museum in 1992. We
have recently designed a new facility which is actually the first phase in
the total museum structure. The bids are in, the bank is ready to go.
The big question is, do we really have the support of the numismatic
community? It takes a mint to build a museum, and frankly, the "money" we
make here doesn't spend too well. We have to sell it to interested
collectors. If we can't sell enough, we can't build the museum. It's that
simple. We have come to a major crossroads recently, and either need to
expand into the new building to house the ever growing pile of presses and
equipment, or, sell it all and regroup into a strictly commerical
enterprise.