AMI MODEL B

Old May 19th 10, 01:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
wayne[_2_]

Default AMI MODEL B

Hi, i have a ami model b, which will not reject, the mech got stuck,
i freed it up, and now the micro switch will not reject the record,
nor will the reject button on the back of the machine work, i have a
manual, but no help in the trouble shooting section on this prob,
Any suggestions would be apprectiated, thanks
Old May 19th 10, 05:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]

wayne wrote:
Hi, i have a ami model b, which will not reject, the mech got stuck,
i freed it up, and now the micro switch will not reject the record,
nor will the reject button on the back of the machine work, i have a
manual, but no help in the trouble shooting section on this prob,
Any suggestions would be apprectiated, thanks

If one of the micro switches is faulty the motor will run further than
it's normal range and get stuck there until you turn it out again by
hand. I *think* it's one of the switches in the front of the moving
mech. One that a selected record pin is tripped with. Some of them are
tough. You are very lucky if you can find a new switch. Like most
people, I take the switch apart and rebuild it. Careful not to loose
any tiny flying parts, open it up inside a box that may catch a flying
spring.

I suppose I should mention these switches could be out of adjustment.
I've never had one with that problem that didn't need the switch
rebuilt. An adjustment may make it work for a short while, but usually
not for long.

Tony
Old May 19th 10, 02:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]

Tony wrote:
wayne wrote:
[...]

I just remembered the leaf switches back behind the turntable, they can
also cause similar problems.

Tony
Old May 19th 10, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Philip Nasadowski

In article
,
wayne wrote:

Hi, i have a ami model b, which will not reject, the mech got stuck,
i freed it up, and now the micro switch will not reject the record,
nor will the reject button on the back of the machine work, i have a
manual, but no help in the trouble shooting section on this prob,
Any suggestions would be apprectiated, thanks

Check to make sure the motor isn't physically stuck - spin the armature
a few turns in the reject direction, to make sure.

The other thing is, the reversing relay may not be picking up. You
can't get a reject without it. Either it's not getting power or it's
messed up somehow.

I'd look for a jammed motor, followed by checking that CS2 is closed,
then see if the reversing relay's picking up, then check the contacts on
it (they can be taken apart and cleaned up nicely, IIRC).

Power flows through the cam switch CS2, and that switch has to be closed
to for the relay pickup and reverse.

The record rack switches could be bad, too. If the normally closed pair
isn't, you won't get reverse. If the record rack works, then you can
likely rule out the rack switches for now.

If the selection finger resets automatically, then CS2 is ok, and it's
the reversing relay.

In short:

* If the rack moves by itself, then the rack switches are probably ok.
* If the selection finger resets itself, then CS2 is probably ok.
* If both of the above are true, then the reversing relay isn't picking
up or had dirty or out of adjustment contacts.

You can rebuild the switches. Have fun trying to find replacements -
anyone know a source of _new_ ones?

AMI Model B BingFan Juke Boxes 0 March 18th 07 08:23 AM
antique HEATER TROPIC-AIRE model 27250 Model A/T ? Ebayer General 0 January 17th 07 04:26 AM
antique FORD MODEL A/Model T Spot Light? Spotlight Lamp Ebayer General 0 December 6th 06 03:02 AM
WTB: Rockola jukes Empress (model 1496 and 1497), Princess (model 1493) and model 1448 and 1454 Nimko Lodewijk - Original Jukebox Company Juke Boxes 0 October 29th 06 08:47 PM
AMI model B Andy Cross Juke Boxes 3 October 22nd 03 04:17 AM