Favorite Daily Writer?

Old August 3rd 03, 01:14 AM
Reuben S. Pitts III

David Meale wrote:
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

For me: Platinum Workhorse. Never lets me down. Only $40!

Aurora Optima series including Mare, Afrika, etc.

Parker Duofold Centennnial

S. T. Dupont Vertigo

Waterman Lemans 100 series, including Patrician, etc.

Old August 3rd 03, 03:27 AM
Garglemonster

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 13:27:32 -0400, "Robert Chin" said:

Robert "Garglemonster" wrote in
Robert message ...

hmm...

I always have one or two Pelikan 800s and a Parker 51 with me.
Rather predictable, i suppose.

Robert I'm planning to get the same model Pelikan and Parker one
Robert of these days. I gave my dad a used Parker 51 for Xmas a
Robert few years back. He loved it because he used to own one.
Robert Everytime I try it, it write beautifully. I want one.

Robert Tell me what you think of the Pelikan 800.

What do i think of the 800? It's right there in what I wrote! It is
my most used pen, and i have more than one. Need I say more?

A couple caveats:

1. I can palm a basketball. For me, it's by far the most comfortable
pen. Someone with smaller hands might not like the 800 as much. Your
ergonomics will vary.

2. The nibs -- particularly the 14k ones -- are very nice, but
assumption seems to be that someone other than Pelikan will tune the
nibs before selling them. Not a good assumption. This is annoying,
but I've been using artist's pens and fountain pens since I was 8 and
I can do many tuning jobs myself. I'm also lucky to have the Sailor
nib meisters available several weekends a year for those truly
intractable nib problems. Soo... if you're going to get one, get your
800 from a dealer (e.g., Mottishaw) who will test and adjust the pen
to your tastes/writing style before handing it over to you. I would
guess that this is all the more important if you have an idiosyncratic
way of writing.

--

Or maybe you'd rather just do acid and listen to Led Zeppelin.
Old August 3rd 03, 04:44 AM
so what

waterman charleston.
It has been filled with ink since i bought it more than a year ago. It
is definitely my favourite (modern) waterman. It's strange that i
don't read many good thing about this pen. Well, maybe, it's just me.

Juan, you really like the Charleston? It is sort of weird looking, like an
almost-MB or something. Guess I'll pick up one of the new ones in ivory.

Hey, way cool pics, Juan!

delete what doesn't belong there

Satrap
I find delusions of grandeur to be absolutely true
Old August 3rd 03, 04:59 AM
so what

David
Who has never seen a turquoise blue ink he didn't like.

Yayy, Heverly!!
Turquoise is also a favourite of the Orange Glo Ladyl!

Old August 3rd 03, 05:05 AM
so what

See Rubin's list:

Parker Duofold Centennnial

S. T. Dupont Vertigo

Waterman Lemans 100 series, including Patrician, etc.

except, I do not have any S.T. pens.

Well, currently in the pen case are 3 sort of unusual brands:

Teal Blue Parker Ellipse
Blue on Blue Sheaffer Intrigue
Citrine Stipula I Castoni

All reliable, but a big change from my usual rOtring Core and LeMan 100 and
Parker Centennial.

Who's going to the DC show? PLEASE hunt down a Sterling LeMan 100 FP and tell
me who has them!

satrap

Old August 3rd 03, 05:09 AM
so what

Or maybe you'd rather just do acid and listen to Led Zeppelin.

oh, I DARE ya to stay sober and listen to Barry Manilow!

sartap
I can't smile without you~!
Old August 3rd 03, 05:11 AM
Reuben S. Pitts III

so what wrote:
See Rubin's list:

Parker Duofold Centennnial

S. T. Dupont Vertigo

Waterman Lemans 100 series, including Patrician, etc.

except, I do not have any S.T. pens.

Well, currently in the pen case are 3 sort of unusual brands:

Teal Blue Parker Ellipse
Blue on Blue Sheaffer Intrigue
Citrine Stipula I Castoni

All reliable, but a big change from my usual rOtring Core and LeMan 100 and
Parker Centennial.

Who's going to the DC show? PLEASE hunt down a Sterling LeMan 100 FP and tell
me who has them!

satrap

I'll look. My son, Richard, is going to the show with me and I'll have
him look as well. I thought you were going to try to make the DC show
this year????

Old August 3rd 03, 09:00 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article , Matteo Slanina
wrote:

Welcome to the club folks, I also consider my fine point Mare my best
everyday pen.

I'm glad to hear from all the happy Mare owners. Mine is waiting a
particular event.

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." - Steven Wright