Favorite Daily Writer?

Old July 27th 03, 11:37 AM
David Meale

Default Favorite Daily Writer?

Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

For me: Platinum Workhorse. Never lets me down. Only $40!
Old July 28th 03, 07:47 AM
Jolyon Wright

"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

For me: Platinum Workhorse. Never lets me down. Only $40!

UK Parker Duofold Senior circa 1960s. It goes on & on & on & writes like a
dream; it gets dropped, banged, knocked and it looks "normal" so noone nicks
it (yet!) or suspects that you are an abnormal pen user. i don't know what
it costs/ is worth. dont care either; it's not for sale !

jolyon

Old July 28th 03, 03:06 PM
David Heverly

"Jolyon Wright" wrote in message ...
"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

It varies. Usually though, it's a Lamy Safari with turquoise ink.
Right now, I'm using a a Lamy Vista, which is a clear plastic version
of the Lamy Safari. It's filled with a Lamy Turquoise cartridge.
Writes well, nice flow and I love the grip.

My current signature pen is a rOtring Esprit 400 with a broad nib.
Did I mention it's filled with turquoise ink? Pelikan turquoise.

David
Who has never seen a turquoise blue ink he didn't like.
Old July 28th 03, 03:22 PM
Jolyon Wright

"William Bosner" wrote in message

UK Parker Duofold Senior circa 1960s. It goes on & on & on & writes like

dream; it gets dropped, banged, knocked and it looks "normal" so noone

nicks
it (yet!) or suspects that you are an abnormal pen user. i don't know

what
it costs/ is worth. dont care either; it's not for sale !

I just bought 3 British 1960's Duofolds from a British Dealer. I'm
really hoping that I have as much fun with mine as you seem to have
with yours.

You bought THREE; wow that's my total number of pens in the world (other
two are an MB and an m805+mottishaw flex), but I do seem to come right back
to the duofold for daily use because of its indestructablity (so far!) and
nice feel. The nib is pretty rigid; I worry a bit with the more flexible
nibs for regular use.

Another killer feature (especially compared with the mb) is that the cap
stays on the barrel when posted, instead of ending up down the back of my
shirt when I scratch my ear!

I'm sure you'll love them - I would be really interested to know what you
make of them,

jolyon

Old July 28th 03, 07:59 PM
DovR

Pelikan 800 w. turquoise, Toledo 700 bordeaux, Namiki Falcon cobalt blue,
Waterman 52 1/2 off red, are present rotation. Sided with Big Red rb.

Other times P51, Duofold big Red, mandarin junior. Loved the Lamy 2000 and a
comfortable writer but cannot find.

Cross ion in the trouser pocket, purple gel refill for all contingencies.

Old July 29th 03, 01:45 AM
zippy

David Meale wrote:

Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

Any Aurora, Pelikan M250, Stipula 22, Waterman L'Etalon, Cross Townsend, Waterman 52, Parker Vacumatic. Any time I pick up one of those I'm assured of complete reliability.

Old July 29th 03, 04:38 AM
Bluesea

"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

No single pen because it depends on what I'm doing and I like different
colors to differentiate.

Parker Reflex
Pilot Ecrino
Namiki Vanishing Point (my carry-around pen)
Namiki Falcon

I just put an extra fine nib on my Sheaffer Viewpoint so it remains to be
seen how that will work out.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old July 30th 03, 04:54 AM
jeff liss

"Bluesea" wrote in message ...
"David Meale" wrote in message
om...
Which FP gets the job done for you day in and day out?

No single pen because it depends on what I'm doing and I like different
colors to differentiate.

Parker Reflex
Pilot Ecrino
Namiki Vanishing Point (my carry-around pen)
Namiki Falcon

I just put an extra fine nib on my Sheaffer Viewpoint so it remains to be
seen how that will work out.

Right now a few:
Pelikan 600 w/fine, Aurora Black
MB 146 (circa 1983), w/med, Aurora Black
MB 254 (circa 1955), w/med, Aurora Black
Pelikan Chicago, w/fine, Aurora Black
Parker Vac (circa 194?), w/fine, Aurora Black

Guess I like Aurora Black ink....
All are smooth, sure writers. Very nice to use.
JML
Old July 30th 03, 06:03 AM
Bluesea

"jeff liss" wrote in message
om...

Guess I like Aurora Black ink....

LOL! You and who else?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old July 30th 03, 05:27 PM
Tim McNamara

For the past month, my favorite daily writer has been a ca 1947-48
Sheaffer Crest plunger filler rebuilt by Nathan. Perfectly reliable,
ideal shape and balance, and the great conical Triumph nib. It holds
about a gallon of ink so I can write all week without having to refill
it and has a tiny little visualated area on the section to check the
ink level.

Generally speaking, I think Sheaffers with the Triumph nibs are the
best writers ever made.