Michael Marotta: Coin collectors are liars

Old March 7th 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Michael Marotta: Coin collectors are liars

Why dont you answer me Michael Marotta. Im going to continue posting
until you answer me. I demand an explanation and not a sleazy
politician answer that skips the question. Im The Coin Collector thats
my Delusion of Grandeur haha. You need to explain yourself since you
write for the ANA magazine. Do you really believe thqt coin collectors
"in general" are liars and that cheating is irrelevant ??? Thats what
you said.

On June 30, 2001 Michael Marota started a thread that he named "Coin
Collectors are Bullies" in the newsgroup
humanities.philosophy.objectivism. In the first post he said

"The most successful collectors and dealers I have met are people who
display obvious symptoms of low self esteem: slouching for instance.
Lying about anything and everything from the weather to the published
price of a coin is typical".

In the same post Michael Marotta said [coin collectors] "substitute
the ownership of things that impress other people for
actually feeling good about who they are. Never having built or
invented or created anything, they succeed in the eyes of others by
overpowering others".

In this same post Michael Marotta said "these are GENERALIZATIONS
about a large group of people".

You can read Michael Marottas entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/human...990e037d4ed640

Michael Marotta also said cheating is irrelevant if you enter a coin
deal with free choice.

Here are his words:

Michael Marotta started a thread in rec.collecting.coins on December
10, 2000 and he named it "Dishonest Collectors". Michael Marotta
wrote:

"Once we accept that a transaction is freely entered into, whether or
not someone gets "cheated" is irrelevant".

You can read the entire post he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...901bb967b1f513

Michael Marotta you also didnt answer if it was OK to cheat in other
areas that you freely enter into such as job interviewas. Is it
irrelevant to do other things to people when they freely enter into
something. When a parent drops a kid off at school can the school or
teacher do anything it wants because the parent freely did this. What
about a doctor when you freely go to him can he do anything he wants
because you freely did this. Why is cheating in a coin deal
"irrelevant". You dont answer this. Why ??? Is it irrelevant when
tehese sleazy mail order coin dealers call old people and cheat them
out of thousands of dollars with modern coins worth little more than
face. Is it irrelevant for cheating slabbing service to cheat
collectors by putting VF20 coins in AU50 slabs so cheating dealers can
sell them at XF40 prices. Why did you say this is the "noblest human
endeavour".

I am The Coin Collector and I demand and explanation from you.
Old March 7th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

wrote:

[...]

If this group is any indication of the civility and friendliness of the Coin
Collector Community then I am not interested. The short time I have been
visiting and trying to learn something about what I thought to be a great
hobby, that dove's tail with my detecting, I have seen some vial and uncivil
tone delivered. You guys can bitch about each other and complain about eBay
all you want, for me I'll go to the more friendly metal detecting/treasure
hunting forums. They are more friendly and helpful than this group.
Jim

Old March 7th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"celtex" wrote in message
. ..
If this group is any indication of the civility and friendliness of
the Coin Collector Community then I am not interested. The short time
I have been visiting and trying to learn something about what I
thought to be a great hobby, that dove's tail with my detecting, I
have seen some vial and uncivil responses to question or post. Most
seemed to me to be undeserving of the tone delivered. You guys can
bitch about each other and complain about eBay all you want, for me
I'll go to the more friendly metal detecting/treasure hunting forums.
They are more friendly and helpful than this group.
Jim

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Old March 7th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
stonej

If this group is any indication of the civility and friendliness of
the Coin Collector Community then I am not interested.

No it is not an indication, flame wars used to be common here but that
died out years ago.

Mike shows up from time to time with various observations about
numismatics but I cannot remember
him responding to anything posted in reply to his observations, he
just doesn't care to for whatever reason.
Old March 7th 09, 10:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:

[...]

No one here can control anything that anyone else posts. This can be viewed
as a liability or an asset, your call. You received assistance from me when
you posted a query regarding a Morgan dollar back in early February, as well
as a response to your inquiry regarding eBay shortly after that. Now you
come back and broadbrush the lot of us and cast aspersion on our hobby to
boot, all this in response to a post that was not directed at you and had
nothing to do with you.

James

Old March 7th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Arizona Coin Collector

wrote his ranting message

Hello "realcoincollector"

I would say your obsession with Michael Marotta
borders on internet stalking, or a mental block
to just let it go.

Time to move forward.

Old March 8th 09, 12:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

No one here can control anything that anyone else posts. This can be
viewed as a liability or an asset, your call. You received assistance
from me when you posted a query regarding a Morgan dollar back in
early February, as well as a response to your inquiry regarding eBay
shortly after that. Now you come back and broadbrush the lot of us
and cast aspersion on our hobby to boot, all this in response to a
post that was not directed at you and had nothing to do with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if "celtex" was really Fwankie.

Old March 8th 09, 01:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

"RWF" wrote in message
No one here can control anything that anyone else posts. This can be
viewed as a liability or an asset, your call. You received assistance
from me when you posted a query regarding a Morgan dollar back in early
February, as well as a response to your inquiry regarding eBay shortly
after that. Now you come back and broadbrush the lot of us and cast
aspersion on our hobby to boot, all this in response to a post that was
not directed at you and had nothing to do with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if "celtex" was really Fwankie.

And you are the worst of all of the others, I have gleamed some great
information here but your rudeness and incivility is totally uncalled for.
You are a pompous jerk. Too bad you seem to know the coins as well. You're
too much a jerk to try to learn from. Not fwankie whoever that is... Just a
newbie trying to learn.

Old March 8th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

wrote:

[...]

I did get great info here and have learned a lot. Maybe my BS tolerance was
low today. But the post can be really personal here. I guess I am a little
to sensitive today. Or maybe its my time of the month??? Anyway I am
sorry for broad brushing all of you based on a small few. Please accept my
apologies and will try to be less a whussy in future.

Old March 8th 09, 01:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"celtex" wrote in message
. ..
"RWF" wrote in message
No one here can control anything that anyone else posts. This can
be viewed as a liability or an asset, your call. You received
assistance from me when you posted a query regarding a Morgan dollar
back in early February, as well as a response to your inquiry
regarding eBay shortly after that. Now you come back and broadbrush
the lot of us and cast aspersion on our hobby to boot, all this in
response to a post that was not directed at you and had nothing to
do with you.

It wouldn't surprise me if "celtex" was really Fwankie.

And you are the worst of all of the others, I have gleamed some great
information here but your rudeness and incivility is totally uncalled
for. You are a pompous jerk. Too bad you seem to know the coins as
well. You're too much a jerk to try to learn from. Not fwankie whoever
that is... Just a newbie trying to learn.

Thought you were leaving, jackass.

Michael Marotta the ANA and cheating [email protected] Coins 6 March 4th 09 02:39 PM
Ping Michael Marotta AnswerMan2 Coins 0 November 16th 04 11:12 PM
Dear Michael Marotta Jorg Lueke Coins 2 September 28th 04 06:15 PM
2nd PING: Michael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 3 November 14th 03 08:31 AM
PING: MIchael Marotta MorganCoin1 Coins 18 November 11th 03 12:38 PM