Road Trip-- Any RCC'ers on the way?

Old August 30th 05, 05:31 AM
Chuck Miller

Default Road Trip-- Any RCC'ers on the way?

I will be taking a short road trip starting the middle of September and
would like to meet any of you who are on or close to my route.

I will go from Medford, Or. to Reno, Nv. to Las Vegas, Nv. then a side trip
to St. George, Ut. before heading to Phoenix, Az. Then I will head toward
Houston, Tx. and up to Rogers, Ark. The next stop will be Louisville, Ky.
then back to Mason City, Ia. and up to Bismarck, ND. and finally home to
Hermiston, Or.

If you let me know how to make contact with you I'll try to stop for a few
minutes. I am not adverse to short trips off the beaten path.

When I think about how much fuel I'll use on this trip all I see is the key
date coins that I could have purchased. But if I stayed home I probably
wouldn't buy them anyway and it will be fun to meet some of the RCC Clan.

Thanks for responding

Chuck Miller

Old August 30th 05, 07:12 AM
George D

Chuck Miller wrote:
[...]

Chuck you forgot Laughlin. :-)

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

2004 Black Prius pkg 6

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old August 30th 05, 05:16 PM
Bill Krummel

"Chuck Miller" wrote in message
[...]

Well, Seneca hasn't moved. Still about an hour from Rogers, Ark. If you do
make it up this far north again, give me advance notice so I will be sure to
be in the store.

Bill

Old August 30th 05, 05:56 PM
Bob Flaminio

Chuck Miller wrote:
I will go from Medford, Or. to Reno, Nv. to Las Vegas, Nv. then a
side trip to St. George, Ut.

If you're going to St George, I presume you'll be stopping by Wes's
shop.

--
Bob

Old August 30th 05, 11:26 PM
Padraic Brown

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:31:09 -0700, "Chuck Miller"
wrote:

I will be taking a short road trip starting the middle of September and
would like to meet any of you who are on or close to my route.

Only an American would call a 5000mi tour a "short road trip"!

I will go from Medford, Or. to Reno, Nv. to Las Vegas, Nv. then a side trip
to St. George, Ut. before heading to Phoenix, Az. Then I will head toward
Houston, Tx. and up to Rogers, Ark. The next stop will be Louisville, Ky.
then back to Mason City, Ia. and up to Bismarck, ND. and finally home to
Hermiston, Or.

Sounds like a wonderful (and beautiful) route round the country. Are
you taking back roads or interstates?

If you let me know how to make contact with you I'll try to stop for a few
minutes. I am not adverse to short trips off the beaten path.

Well, an extra 800mi round trip from Louisville will get you out here
to lovely DC! )

When I think about how much fuel I'll use on this trip all I see is the key
date coins that I could have purchased. But if I stayed home I probably
wouldn't buy them anyway and it will be fun to meet some of the RCC Clan.

Hope you get good milage!

Padraic.

Thanks for responding

Chuck Miller

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old August 31st 05, 12:46 AM
Wes Chormicle

We'll put an extra shrimp on the BBQ!

If you're going to St George, I presume you'll be stopping by Wes's shop.

--
Bob

---

Old August 31st 05, 04:32 AM
Chuck Miller

Bill,

I will let you know when I have a deffinate time.

Chuck

Old August 31st 05, 04:34 AM
Chuck Miller

Wes,

My mouth is watering already!

Chuck

Old August 31st 05, 04:44 AM
Chuck Miller

Padric,

Lets see---How is 10 mpg? Will be pulling my camper and that is about all I
can get. I will probably use a combination of "back roads" and freeways.
Pulling heavy, freeways might prove easier, especially for anyone wanting to
pass me. I really like back roads! I recently found a road in Idaho that
eventually ended as a Powerline road and I turned around and backtracked 50
miles. You can't always believe what the map says! But the scenery was
beautiful so not a total loss! I think the D.C. trip will have to wait until
next year.

Chuck

Old September 1st 05, 12:26 AM
rhodo chrosite

True story. A couple of years ago I had to drive from Indianapolis to a
customer site in some small town in SE Indiana. I went to Mapquest or one
of those sites for directions. It gave me two options - fastest route and
shortest route. Having some free time, I selected shortest route. The 4th
or 5th step said "Turn right onto Naval Weapons Range Jeep Trail #4". I
changed my mind and selected the 'fastest route'.