Newbie question.

Old March 12th 12, 10:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

Default Newbie question.

? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
? "Victor Manta" ?????? ??? ??????
"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
"The following are prohibited:

Unsubstantiated adverse comments about any collector or dealer. "

I tried, you don't want to understand...you are hopeless.

So if you don't like something in my postings please in the future
restrain yourself from answering.

You are not welcomed.

We in this ng are interested in stamps and most of us collect them for a
long time.

I'm in the coin collecting and I'm collecting them for a long time, so
what?!
Are you going to engage in children talking like "mine is bigger than
yours"?!
Go on but don't expect me to follow you in your little flame wars!

It is common knowledge that the participants are not interested in
novelties like "spamtraps", "retaliation", foul language, etc.

You are the one to bring it up, you are acting like internet police!
If you were not mentioning it nobody would have a problem!
Obviously you are ill educated and interested in flame wars!
Go on, you are alone in this one!

Therefore to bring something useful here get a life, for example by
collecting stamps!

Obviously you are in flame wars!
Well, I can't help you in that, you are alone!
As for that "get a life" it certainly characterizes you...
So just to imitate you "get a life" and stop acting like a securitate agent.
Pathetic.

I also said that it would be better to stop answering my postings if you
dislike them but I see that you are uneducated enough to respect my wish.
Well, not a surprise I must say.
Shalom.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old March 13th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight[_2_]

In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:22 PM, "gogu" said:

I also said that it would be better to stop answering my postings

Seems off that this has gone on now for several volleys.

gogu, I've seen your posts for years in the coin group, and nobody's
bothered to question your return address. I don't see an issue with it,
and I don't care what it says in whatever language it says. There are
apparently rules here you are on the fringes of violating, but at the same
time, Blair seems to have answered your question in great detail ... very
helpful. Most people here are, unlike the coin group where bickering is
rampant.

I think it would be wonderful if we dropped this particular branch of the
thread. If there are any children from Romania listening, please chime in
now. I wonder if there are any children at all participating.

Nick

Old March 13th 12, 02:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

Ο "Nick Knight" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:22 PM, "gogu" said:

I also said that it would be better to stop answering my postings

Seems off that this has gone on now for several volleys.

gogu, I've seen your posts for years in the coin group, and nobody's
bothered to question your return address. I don't see an issue with it,
and I don't care what it says in whatever language it says.

Thank you for being fair!

There are
apparently rules here you are on the fringes of violating, but at the same
time, Blair seems to have answered your question in great detail ... very
helpful.

Indeed and I thanked him for his kindness!

Most people here are, unlike the coin group where bickering is
rampant.

Sadly...

I think it would be wonderful if we dropped this particular branch of the
thread.

As you can see I have already dropped it when I said that I'm not interested
in flame wars!
I also asked that "gentleman" if he is so upset from my spamtrap address to
ignore my postings in the future.
I suppose I can do nothing more to stop him from flaming...

If there are any children from Romania listening, please chime in
now. I wonder if there are any children at all participating.

LOL
Obviously there are not any children around but some people are constipated
(excuse my French).
People like him (plus trolls and flamers) are the main reason usenet is
dying.
After this bad experience I'm seriously considering dropping my new started
hobby (actually it's the regeneration of an older hobby)...
Anyway, thanks again for being fair and supporting my POV that a spamtrap
address has nothing to do with the content of a posting!
You know how much I hate flame wars and nasty posters like the few we have
in the coins group.
I just asked a question and I received a helpful answer from one poster and
an ad hominem attack by another poster; I suppose this is usenet...
Anyway, for me this matter is closed.

Old March 13th 12, 04:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default [META] On bickering and throwing stones. Was: Newbie question.

"gogu" snip wrote in message ...
Ο "Nick Knight" έγραψε στο μήνυμα

Most people here are [very helpful - NK], unlike the coin group where
bickering is rampant.

Sadly...

Follows a posting of "gogu", of Dec. 13, 2006, just as an example of the
mentioned "bickering". I found it through Google Groups, on RCC, as the 1st
of 7,340 results for "gogu"; it is heavily cross-posted.

-----------
Discussion subject changed to "Racistic and obscene postings by the COWARD
fascist TURKISH troll "snip" by goguLOL LOL LOL
Your "proof(s)" is no better than the toilet paper I am wiping you, uuups
sorry, I wanted to say "my a**";-)
Not only you are illiterate, not only you are DUMB, not only you can't
understand what you read in English, you are also distorting postings and
LYING like a genuine NAZI Turkish TROLL you are!
snip
----------------

Well, apparently the style withstood the test of time. We find the same
obsession about education and obscenity (of others, of course). One can
wonder if throwing stones at one another is not the main hobby of some.

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

--
Victor Manta

Old March 13th 12, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Nick Knight[_2_]

In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, some old timers here form an odd bunch. My first venture into this
group was greated with a volley of odd acronyms in subjects, as evidenced
here. I come to find out it's how the core group communicates in some
type of odd, self-serving way. And it still seems very odd to me. And,
somehow, this is also supposed to control previous spam and bickering.
Which either doesn't exist anymore, or is simply filtered out and the core
group doesn't see it. You could just start a private message board of
some type, eh?

As one who does actually just like to collect coins and stamps and usually
just reads for interesting posts, I find your rants as over-the-top as the
ones that you seem to be trying to protect everyone from. Ironic.

Heaven forbid someone else new ventures into this group. You'd think it
was the rcsd charter newsgroup or something.

Nick

Old March 13th 12, 02:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

[...]

Thanks again for being fair!
There is only one explanation for such a behavior and it's the one where in
my previous posting I used "French";-)
Anyway, let's let him alone trying to act as internet police and an old time
commie trying to impose his undisputable..."authority";-)
He obviously thinks of himself as the.owner of the group!

People like him are only harming the hobby (any hobby) and make new
collectors quit collecting.
A "remarkable" achievement I'd say;-)
Anyway, I believe that enough was said about this "gentleman" so please
let's stop it here and let him alone continuing his flame wars...
It's not worth.
Obviously there better people in this ng and we should not let a bad apple
eclipse them.

Old March 13th 12, 03:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"gogu" snip obscenity from e-mail address wrote in message
Ï "Nick Knight" ÝãñÑøΓ₯ óôï ìÞΓ*áìÑ
In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, some old timers here form an odd bunch. My first venture into this
group was greated with a volley of odd acronyms in subjects, as evidenced
here.

Thanks again for being fair!
There is only one explanation for such a behavior and it's the one where
in my previous posting I used "French";-)

(free translation: The cuckoo praises the rooster because he praises the
cuckoo; after Krylov).

This "happy ending" deserves some good old music, with lyrics related to the
subject in discussion (for those unfamiliar with the text, it's addressed to
a child):

------
Ooh you're a holiday, such a holiday

It's something I thinks worthwhile
If the puppet makes you smile
If not then you're throwing stones
Throwing stones, throwing stones

Ooh it's a funny game
Don't believe that it's all the same
----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YJf8P4Nt4

Back to stamps, in 2009 the Isle on Man celebrated Bee Gees' 50th
anniversary by issuing a set of 8 stamps:

http://tinyurl.com/77q99pv

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old March 13th 12, 03:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 07:59:52 -0500, "Nick Knight" "
sharpened a crayon and wrote:

In , on 03/12/2012
at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, we all know how quick you are off the mark!

Amazing how you can blow things far above what they really were!

LOL!

Old March 13th 12, 04:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_9_]

at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, we all know how quick you are off the mark!
Amazing how you can blow things far above what they really were!

PLEEEEASE, let's stop it now!
It's obvious that this Manta "gentleman" is not worth all this attention!
He is in flame wars and we are only feeding him!

Old March 13th 12, 04:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

at 11:48 PM, "Victor Manta" said:

Anyway, our hobby here in RCSD is stamp collecting. We cling to it and to
our charter, and for this reason our level of bickering is low.

Yes, we all know how quick you are off the mark!

Amazing how you can blow things far above what they really were!

I wonder how can Sir F.A. Rien know how the things really are. Could he
understand the _obscene_ e-mail address that started the polemics, one that
is then multiplied by _unsuspecting_ posters? I doubt.

Has he approved the style and contents of the united front of RCC partners,
well experienced in "bickering" and exporting it to RCSD? Possibly.

Or is he anyway fishing in troubled waters? Probably.

The usual thanks for support from the main bickerer will follow soon. I
suppose.

Disclaimer: my postings doesn't imply anything negative about the coin
collectors and their hobby. I met in time several very serious, well
educated and polite coin collectors, who deeply impressed me by their
knowledge and manners.

--
Victor Manta

Newbie Question Newbie Coins 1 September 20th 09 05:36 AM
NEWBIE question dan Yemiola Coins 4 May 1st 05 02:52 AM
NEWBIE question,,,, Jeff Landon Coins 20 April 16th 05 01:09 AM
Newbie question Brian Oakley General Discussion 2 December 23rd 04 04:19 PM
Newbie question Anyan Breth Coins 13 January 31st 04 06:08 AM