?? Best way to sell my childhood collection?

Old June 7th 04, 03:07 AM
Chet H

Default ?? Best way to sell my childhood collection?

Hey folks...

I think I am interested in parting with my collection.
I was never a serious collector and really don't know a whole
lot about buying/selling etc.
What I do know is I have about every card I ever bought in boxes
in my closet that I want to turn into something my whole family can enjoy.
Looking at buying a couple pinball machines actually.

I couldn't guess how many cards I have. I have at least 4 of the boxes
that have 4 rows, and 6 or so of the single row boxes maybe 18" long?
I know a long time ago I was all into it and started to categorize etc but
didn't have a computer etc.. I do remember seeing a bunch of what I thought
were good cards. I could look through and make lists etc but was hoping
there
was an easier way. I know I have some early mantles (a '53 with rough
edges I remember,
and some bob (roberto) clemente, I remember seeing bench rookies,
maybe ryans,
I don't know for sure. I think there are quite a few 68 topps (I think
they had a
brown wood type border?) I remember seeing a mays/mantle/???? 3 person
card etc...

I have NO interest in them now with all the ratings etc. None of my
cards have ever been
rating nor will they (unless you buy them).

Also in about '93 or '94 I bought all the fleer ultra hockey set (adam
oates inserts). I also
bought a bunch of the fleer ultra baseball cards, they were real thick,
I opened them, looked at them
and put them in an album.

Any advice?
I am in Columbus Ohio.