Need advice before ebay bid

Old August 30th 07, 05:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default Need advice before ebay bid

I wonder if I could impose on the group for some advice.

I have always wanted a Snorkel with a Triumph nib. Saw this on
ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-w-STICKER-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks to be in good exterior shape.

Thoughts on this price? What should I be wary of? Will it likely
need repair, if so do you have suggestions on who might do it?

Thanks all.

Old August 30th 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Shivananda

In article . com,
wrote:

I wonder if I could impose on the group for some advice.

I have always wanted a Snorkel with a Triumph nib. Saw this on
ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-w-STICKER-S...p-Band_W0QQite
mZ330159415821QQihZ014QQcategoryZ14003QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks to be in good exterior shape.

Thoughts on this price? What should I be wary of? Will it likely
need repair, if so do you have suggestions on who might do it?

Thanks all.

About $100.00 overpriced. You shouldn't have to pay more than $25.00 for
one with gold-filled trim; $40.00 with 14K on eBay.

Touchdown is the easier filling system to fix -- notice he doesn't say
whether it is actually working.

Repairs: www.ink-pen.com, Sherrell does magic with Sheaffers.
Old September 3rd 07, 04:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Jerry[_2_]

"Shivananda" wrote in message
In article . com,
wrote:

I wonder if I could impose on the group for some advice.

I have always wanted a Snorkel with a Triumph nib. Saw this on
ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-w-STICKER-S...p-Band_W0QQite
mZ330159415821QQihZ014QQcategoryZ14003QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks to be in good exterior shape.

Thoughts on this price? What should I be wary of? Will it likely
need repair, if so do you have suggestions on who might do it?

Thanks all.

About $100.00 overpriced. You shouldn't have to pay more than $25.00 for
one with gold-filled trim; $40.00 with 14K on eBay.

Touchdown is the easier filling system to fix -- notice he doesn't say
whether it is actually working.

Repairs: www.ink-pen.com, Sherrell does magic with Sheaffers.

I'll take every mint condition Sheaffer Autograph Snorkel you can sell me at
$40. Take a look at sold items on Ebay and you'll find that any mint with
sticker snorkel will sell for much more than $40 and Autographs - especially
unengraved ones - will fetch a premium if you can find one. At $125 that
particular pen is at about the current Ebay market price. Now try buying one
retail............bog standard Valiants in grey (the least popular colour)
will sell for at least $125 if they are mint. I would be surprised if you
could find a mint Autograph retailing at less than $250.

J.