Fountain Pens on U. S. Stamps Petition Up-Date

Old September 22nd 07, 08:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default Fountain Pens on U. S. Stamps Petition Up-Date

Hi, All,

I just wanted to pass along some information on the Fountain Pens on
Stamps petition on-line. The petition has been up for 2 weeks and so
far there are nearly 250 signatures, 1/4th of our goal. A great many
pen collectors have signed but we need to keep the momentum going. All
of you have friends, coworkers and relatives who know about your
hobby. If you haven't pestered them about it already, please do. Flog
your e-mail address books to the extent that you feel appropriate and
help get this petition over the top and into the hands of the Design
Commission.

Also, I wanted to pass along some information I received from a pen
person who was involved in the move to get another issue of stamps
approved. He tells me that it is persistence as well as numbers that
impresses the Commission. Writing individual letters in addition to
your petition signature will help get this project approved sooner
rather than later.

Anyway, I thought that you'd all like to know. Thank you all for your
interest and efforts so far.

You can sign the petition he http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/Fountain-Pen-Stamps

You can contact the Citizen's Stamp Advisory Committee at the
following address:

US Postal Service
Stamp Development
ATTN: Stamp Design