Rockola 1426 juke...questions

Old January 23rd 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Rockola 1426 juke...questions

Hi group, This is a "two-for",
I purchased a 1426 several years ago that had severe damage to the base
(where the casters are) of the jukebox. I've since come across another
cabinet so I can soon restore it. I am also currently restoring one for
another gentleman.
My question specifically involves the "originalness" of the 1426. The
other person's 1426 has all of the animation and lighting in it, along
with different kinds of lightbulbs inside the front door that light up
the grill.
The lightbulbs in my 1426 are all missing. The other 1426 has six
lightbulbs lighting up the grill on the front door......three rows up
and down; two columns across (left side and right side).
Three of the top four lightbulbs are red in color, at 60 watts
each......the fourth appears to be a 15 watt bulb (sorry; can't read
the wattage on the bulb). In addition, the two bulbs on the bottom-most
of the grill are different. One appears to be a 15 watt "frosted" bulb,
typical of this era. The other appears to be the same wattage, but more
like a pointed "chandelier" type bulb. I have ordered a manual, but
have not yet received it.
I wondered if any Rockola know-it-alls out there knew what lightbulbs
(color and wattage) went where in the grill (either from an original or
from the manual).
I also have a similar question regarding the placement of the
lightbulbs in a Wurlitzer model 716. I CAN'T get a manual for this
model; but the arrangement looks similar to a Wurlitzer I re-furbished
years ago, a Wurlitzer 412. From what I recall, there is a light
fixture for an incandescant bulb in the front of the cabinet (above the
mechanism), one on the left side of the mech, and the other on the
right side of the mech. There was an additional single bulb socket
toward the rear of the mechanism, approximately at mech shelf level
(?)....I,m not 100% sure.
If I remember correctly, one light bulb was red, the second was green,
and the third one was blue. I don't remember which one went in which
light fixture. I do know the that on the 412, the upper back door
"fluted" part was painted a silver color, and the colors reflected by
the three light bulbs in their proper positions was truly
breathtakingly amazing in the way the colors of them were diffused upon
the back door and the mechanism are.
I also the know the 716's fluted upper back door area (behind the
mechanism) is a variation of reds, greens, and a mixture in-between. So
I am not sure of what color light bulbs to use (in what sequence among
the light fixtures) to attempt to try in my 716. If any one out there
in cyberspace either 1) knows from experience, or 2) some how has an
original manual for the 716 (doubtful, I realize; but hey....I am
TRYING here!) as to the proper color and placement of the lightbulbs, I
would be greatful for the advice. Thanks (as always), Rob