Write a letter for Katie Hill

Old August 22nd 03, 06:24 AM
Len Provisor

Default Write a letter for Katie Hill

Here's a note from Katie's husband Steve who reminds us of a very
suitable manner to remember our friend.

Dear friends of Katie,
As many of you know, August 24th is Katie's birthday. We lost Katie a
little more than a year ago. And while we still feel her with us, the
loss—the life that was taken from her and from all of us—is still
nearly impossible to comprehend. This August 24th, let's put forth an
effort to remember and honor Katie.

Many of you know that Katie would often make the time to sit somewhere
quiet and comfortable, and write letters to the people she loved. On
August 24th, we can honor Katie and her loving, generous spirit that
touched all of us by making the time in our busy lives to write a
letter to someone. For a period of time this Sunday, sit down and
write to someone special. While you write, remember Katie, and enjoy
the feeling of maintaining a connection with someone you care about.

Of course, we know that Katie loved the feel of fountain pen on paper,
and would encourage anyone to try the "snail mail" method of a sending
a hand-written letter. That said, the spirit of connecting with others
holds true whatever the medium. Katie kept in touch with so many
people, whether through pen and paper, or email. The point is that she
kept in touch. Just connect with someone, in whatever form feels most
comfortable; write a letter on paper, type a letter on your computer
and print it out, or send an email. In any way you choose, just pick
someone you have been meaning to connect with, and write to him or
her.

You may want to let them know that Katie inspired you to do it. Write
"in honor of my friend Katie Hill" at the bottom of your letter. Or
just say that a friend recently reminded you how important it is to
stay connected and let people know you care about them.

Please forward this to anyone you would like. I think Katie would say
"the more the merrier."

Love,

Steve

dead letter office dahoov2 Autographs 0 September 14th 04 05:29 PM
Lindberg letter Red Scholefield Autographs 13 August 23rd 04 02:57 PM
Roclola 442 missing write in cartridge [email protected] Juke Boxes 4 March 11th 04 04:37 AM
Looking for Bernard Hill address NCASHFAN Autographs 5 February 24th 04 07:00 PM