Ebay effectively bans ANACS and ICG coins

Old April 18th 12, 06:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

Default Ebay effectively bans ANACS and ICG coins

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:28:11 -0400, "The Trader" wrote:

Which will accomplish exactly nothing other than generate some billable time for
your attorney.
Personally, I like (old) ANACS slabs which I feel are accurately graded - the
latest ones, well, not so much.

I think that is somewhat true with any grading company. That is, newer
grades being higher than what the same coin would of been graded years
ago.

Altough it would have complicated things more, I sort of wish eBay had
come up with a set of rules for "mid-tier" grading companies like
ANACS, so they are not grouped with bottom tier companies like SGS
which grades nearly everything MS-70 or PR70. There are definitely
some grading companies that buyers need to be protected from, but
ANACS and ICG should not be amoung them, even though they are not on
the same level as PCGS and NGC.

Although not expensive coins, I have been happy with the ANACS coins I
have bought, including an AU-58 Indian Head Cent which looks better
than a couple raw uncirculated Indian Heads I had bought previously
before knowing any better.

Old April 18th 12, 07:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Trader

I suspect eBay's motive for this is due to buyer taking advantage of the "Buyer
Protection Plan" - getting ICG or ANACS coins that were grossly misgraded and
demanding "buyer protection", thus giving eBay headaches it doesn't want or
need.
No where do I see where ICG/ANACS slabs can't be sold. They just have to be sold
as "raw".
Good photographs of the coins will probably suffice to sell them.
Frank is like Chicken Little, constantly proclaiming his numismatic sky is
falling every time eBay tightens its sales policies.
I'm sure he'll be back here whining about how eBay and his "enemies" are
conspiring to put him out of business.
Some things just never change.

Old April 18th 12, 08:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard Ferber

This is playing out like eBay's rise to prominence in the first place. All
other auction sites went away, eBay's fees tripled.

All other grading services will now go away, PCGS and NGC will triple their
fees.

Old April 18th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

"The Trader" wrote in message

I suspect eBay's motive for this is due to buyer taking advantage of the
"Buyer Protection Plan" - getting ICG or ANACS coins that were grossly
misgraded and demanding "buyer protection", thus giving eBay headaches it
doesn't want or need.
No where do I see where ICG/ANACS slabs can't be sold. They just have to
be sold as "raw".
Good photographs of the coins will probably suffice to sell them.
Frank is like Chicken Little, constantly proclaiming his numismatic sky is
falling every time eBay tightens its sales policies.
I'm sure he'll be back here whining about how eBay and his "enemies" are
conspiring to put him out of business.
Some things just never change.- Hide quoted text -

Anybody who cares about getting top dollar on resale is already
exclusively using the top two coin slobbers anyway. None of the coin
slobbers mean poopey to e-bay. I wasn't aware of it until recently,
but yes, I am now convinced, apparently e-bay really is trying to
reduce the number of small sellers in favor of the big boys. And,
FWIW, if you were ebay, would you want to vouch for Frank??? Frank
probably is justifiably paranoid, but that's no reason not to tease
him mercilessly.

oly
Old April 18th 12, 09:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Provasek

On Apr 18, 1:33*pm, "The Trader" wrote:
I suspect eBay's motive for this is due to buyer taking advantage of the "Buyer
Protection Plan" - getting ICG or ANACS coins that were grossly misgraded and
demanding "buyer protection", thus giving eBay headaches it doesn't want or
need.
No where do I see where ICG/ANACS slabs can't be sold. They just have to be sold
as "raw".
Good photographs of the coins will probably suffice to sell them.
Frank is like Chicken Little, constantly proclaiming his numismatic sky is
falling every time eBay tightens its sales policies.
I'm sure he'll be back here whining about how eBay and his "enemies" are
conspiring to put him out of business.
Some things just never change.

No Finnan, it's all about "selling coins at higher price points"

http://youtu.be/4ifz7_12XEI
Old April 18th 12, 10:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John[_14_]

ANACS has issued a statement on www.anacs.com regarding this on the homepage
of their website. It would seem they're prepared to come into compliance
with respect to cert verification by the 5/30 deadline. How eBay reacts if
and when they do is anyone's guess.

-------------------------
John
President, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors

Old April 18th 12, 10:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 18, 2:45*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
On Apr 18, 1:33*pm, "The Trader" wrote:

I suspect eBay's motive for this is due to buyer taking advantage of the "Buyer
Protection Plan" - getting ICG or ANACS coins that were grossly misgraded and
demanding "buyer protection", thus giving eBay headaches it doesn't want or
need.
No where do I see where ICG/ANACS slabs can't be sold. They just have to be sold
as "raw".
Good photographs of the coins will probably suffice to sell them.
Frank is like Chicken Little, constantly proclaiming his numismatic sky is
falling every time eBay tightens its sales policies.
I'm sure he'll be back here whining about how eBay and his "enemies" are
conspiring to put him out of business.
Some things just never change.

No Finnan, it's all about "selling coins at higher price points"

http://youtu.be/4ifz7_12XEI

Gawd Frank, that's boring. This is better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqM7AFL4ixA&sns=em

oly
Old April 18th 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
The Trader

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
....it's all about "selling coins at higher price points"

http://youtu.be/4ifz7_12XEI
-------------------------------
Waa waa waa I'm widdle Fwankie Pwovasicko and eBay is being mean to me again!
waa waa waa

Old April 19th 12, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Apr 18, 5:10*pm, "The Trader" wrote:
"Frank Provasek" *wrote in message

...it's all about "selling coins at higher price points"

http://youtu.be/4ifz7_12XEI
Waa waa waa I'm widdle *Fwankie Pwovasicko and eBay is being mean to me again!
waa waa waa

Fwankie, qween of the bastage third-rate slab. The world's very
finest U.S. coins, ALL in third-rate slabs, and no money (and no guts)
whatseover to get these GEMS "crossed over" into something better.

oly