1983 Lincoln Cent with Copper Planchet

Old September 13th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Pocono

Default 1983 Lincoln Cent with Copper Planchet

Are there any 1983 Lincoln cents known to be struck on a 95% copper
planchet? I cant remember if any are known or ever found. Thanks for
any info.

Brian
Old September 18th 09, 01:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:31:17 -0700 (PDT), Pocono
wrote:

Are there any 1983 Lincoln cents known to be struck on a 95% copper
planchet? I cant remember if any are known or ever found. Thanks for
any info.

When in 1982 did the change from copper to zinc happen? If it was
early in 1982, then I would think there would be little chance of a
copper 1983 cent.

But I have wondered about it and other composition errors that might
exist, such as steel 1944 cents, silver 1965 dimes/quarters/halves,
40% silver 1971 halves or 35% silver 1946 nickels.
Old September 18th 09, 02:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

wrote:

Are there any 1983 Lincoln cents known to be struck on a 95% copper
planchet? *I cant remember if any are known or ever found. Thanks for
any info.

When in 1982 did the change from copper to zinc happen? If it was
early in 1982, then I would think there would be little chance of a
copper 1983 cent.

But I have wondered about it and other composition errors that might
exist, such as steel 1944 cents, silver 1965 dimes/quarters/halves,
40% silver 1971 halves or 35% silver 1946 nickels.

According to the website below, the change took place around mid 1982,
this was the only thing could find close to a date. So I would say
during the summer of 1982.