Elcaset- worth a try

Old March 13th 07, 11:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

Default Charlie Nudo shows his ignorance yet again...twice.

On Mar 12, 11:59 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 02:15:22 GMT, "William W Western"

wrote:
You really are a stunod.

What is a stunod? snip

It's like a stugot, but more like a bacciagaloup.

translation: senseless namecalling from DeserTBob due to Elcaset envy
(and class envy in general), and being proved wrong in a thread-
again.

he said:

"If I really wanted to explore "packaged" analog tape to its
farthest development, I'd get into Elcaset from Sony. Now THERE'S an
arcane format, and probably the best ever attempt to get RTR fidelity
from a cartridge of any sort."

yet he can't ante up and buy one, and he is clueless about Ebay
international

Old March 13th 07, 12:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
duty-honor-country

Default Elcaset- worth a try

On Mar 11, 4:49 pm, DeserTBoB wrote:
On 11 Mar 2007 14:12:15 -0700, "duty-honor-country"

LOTS of luck on that. There is a VERY tiny sect of Elcaset devotees,
and they don't like stunods like you, Noodlez. Elcaset players and
raw tape stock are quite expensive among collectors, but every now and
then some idiot will find them in an estate sales (like how you find a
lot of your crap, Noodlez) and sell them for a few bucks on fleaBay.

gee, this took what, 10 minutes to find and purchase on the
international market ?

amazing what one can do when they're not on government disability, and
stupified with UCLA liberal doctrine....

Elcaset on !

I win- again.

Old March 13th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western

and Boob actually believes the electric is a viable alternative !
I am not sure what is viable. If I did not need trucks for my
business (ie: if I were retired) I would love to own no vehicles at all.
Well, maybe the 1952 Austin Somerset just for something to tinker with.
Autos are actually a huge drain on finances. Insurance is close to a grand a
year on most average heaps on the road. Maintenance and gas are a luxury.
The cost of an electric or some hybrid is absurd. Mind you, we would need a
return to better train travel for me to travel outside the city. People
careening around with one person to a vehicle seems nuts, but we seem tied
to it.

Old March 13th 07, 03:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:32:43 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

and Boob actually believes the electric is a viable alternative !

I am not sure what is viable. If I did not need trucks for my
business (ie: if I were retired) I would love to own no vehicles at all.
Well, maybe the 1952 Austin Somerset just for something to tinker with. snip

A worthy and rare example with which to tinker. Many Somersets make
it up into the GWN? I'd heard that they were to be found down under
in Oz back in the '50s.
Old March 13th 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 12 Mar 2007 16:39:11 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

ps- your previous posts give away your true desire for the Elcaset
system- don't deny it snip

You couldn't give me one.
Old March 13th 07, 03:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 13 Mar 2007 05:23:49 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

I win- again. snip

You've never won anything in your miserable ginzo life. That's why
you're a washer flogger in Mountain Top and your old lady has to work
at the credit union to make ends meet at your year 'round vacation
shack at Lake Bumler.

Enjoy your Elcaset! Even a stugot like you deserves a toy now and
then, I guess. If I were to use analog tape to dub anything at home
these days (I never do, hardly) I'd use one of my Ampexes.
Old March 13th 07, 03:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 13 Mar 2007 04:51:48 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

he said:

"If I really wanted to explore "packaged" analog tape to its
farthest development, I'd get into Elcaset from Sony. Now THERE'S an
arcane format, and probably the best ever attempt to get RTR fidelity
from a cartridge of any sort." snip

Yes, those are MY words. Note the beginning word...a preposition
"if."

yet he can't ante up and buy one, and he is clueless about Ebay
international snip

I could buy as many as I wanted...if I wanted to squander my money. I
alo could buy all the houses around you and aim RPGs into your house,
too. But, the fun wouldn't last very long.

Stugot.

Old March 13th 07, 03:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Charlie Nudo tries to hide...without success

On 13 Mar 2007 04:44:44 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

I guess they never taught that in Probability class and UCLA

well, it's a free college, you get what ya pay for.... snip

Hey stugot...NO UC education is "free"....not by a long shot. It's
one of the most expensive public universities in the US for either
under or post grad studies.

Quality costs. Think about that as you sit in your summer vacation
shack you have to hole up in year round, with the T-111 siding and the
mold creeping up the walls. It's obvious YOU picked the colors on
that, too...stunod.
Old March 13th 07, 03:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On 12 Mar 2007 16:28:09 -0700, "duty-honor-country"
wrote:

sounds engineers don't worry about "tape equalization"- they move the
EQ meters up 3dB and keep recording snip

There's no such thing as an "EQ meter"....stunod.

Dolby means less than nothing- the CD, SACD, and DVD-A formats don't
even use it- how important can that be ? snip

ROFLMAO! You seem to work hard to make yourself look stupid, don't
you? Dolby Noise Reduction is an ANALOG system designed to reduce
TAPE HISS....you know ugats, don't you....stunod?

considering that reel, 8-track, and cassette are all dead meat now
anyway, what's it matter ? the smart money is on choosing the best
tape format based on the build specs, not only the tech sheet- i.e. 8-
track sounds better than cassette, Elcaset will sound better than
either, the only improvement would be open reel at 7.5 IPS or faster

get a load of that 15 IPS, 2-track setup- now that's a cooking with
gas, take no prisoners tape format, if ever there was one ! snip

Duh...that's the standard recording industry standard, and has been
since around 1951. I have three Ampex machines that use that format.
The BEST mastering format is ½" 2 track, and has been since the '50s.
Most "garbage" rock/pop albums, however, were mastered on ¼" tape.
Groups and artists more concerned with fidelity (and whose masters
have been rereleased on digital formats) had theirs done on ½".

You really are a stunod.