Seeburg AY160 problems

Old December 9th 03, 05:31 PM
Ken

Default Seeburg AY160 problems

Hi All ,I have a AY160 thats giving me fits!First off I took this juke
to a repair man 100 miles from me and he went through
enerything.Rebuilt amp,tormat selector unit,pulse amp and the mech.Its
worked great for 5 months,then it came down with the scans twice
problem.Last month I bought a remote volume control for it off of
Ebay,I was very careful on hooking it up,as I have the manual and it
shows how its done.Now it still worked fine till just yesterday,it
didnt play all my selections,then none at all.It will stop and play a
record when I pull out the conector to the pulse amp,and I can cancel
the record.My questions are.
1 Could I have hooked up the remote wrong and broke something?
2 Could it be a bad tube?
3 Can I fix it before christmas?
4 Should I take the tormat selector unit back to the guy who fixed it?
5 Should I just pull out whats left of my hair and screem!
Thanks in advance
Ken
Old December 9th 03, 09:45 PM
Tony Miklos

Ken wrote:

[...]

Divide and conquer! It sounds like a "write in" problem. To be sure,
do the battery test. Darn, I forget which way to put the battery but
pull that RCA plug from the pulse amp and with the negative side of a
"C" or "D" battery on ground, touch the center pin from the RCA plug to
the positive side of the battery, then replace the plug and make the
juke scan. It should either select every record, or cancel every one
depending on which way you have the polarity of the battery.

So if doing this one way, then making the juke scan and it picks every
record, you KNOW you have a "write in" problem. If it doesn't select
anything, then you have a "read out" problem. Now you have cut your
possibilities in half!

--
Tony
Old December 10th 03, 02:41 AM
Ken

Thanks Tony,I did the battery test,and it picks up every record.So I
have a write in problem.Now what?
Thanks again
Ken
Old December 11th 03, 12:35 AM
Crazy George

Next step is to check the 2050 thyratron which pulses into the Tormat. If
you don't have the service manual, you need to get in touch with Victory
Glass or one of the other manual vendors. The manual I got from VG walks
you through the troubleshooting step by step.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address
om...

Old December 11th 03, 06:29 AM
John Robertson

The 2050 is part of the read out circuit. That circuit (and hence the
2050) is working as the machine has passed the battery test.

Write in failures are often caused by a defective 36 ohm resistor in
the write-in circuit. I see lots of them failing over the years and I
replace them with a flameproof 1 watt resistor.

John :-#)#

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:35:02 -0600, "Crazy George"
wrote:

Next step is to check the 2050 thyratron which pulses into the Tormat. If
you don't have the service manual, you need to get in touch with Victory
Glass or one of the other manual vendors. The manual I got from VG walks
you through the troubleshooting step by step.

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

Old December 11th 03, 09:15 AM
Don Lanway

Yup.. common failure, as John says.. also sometimes it's just dirty contacts
in the credit unit as I recall.

Don
Oregon Jukebox

wrote:

Next step is to check the 2050 thyratron which pulses into the Tormat.

If
you don't have the service manual, you need to get in touch with Victory
Glass or one of the other manual vendors. The manual I got from VG walks
you through the troubleshooting step by step.

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

---