found in change today!!!!!

Old May 9th 04, 01:52 AM
Kevin

Default found in change today!!!!!

Was at the store today, and got some chnge back and in the change I
had 4 1920's Wheat pennies. The likely hood of 4 out of 4 pennies
being wheats is unlikely so I went back in and she had a whole section
filled of them.

She was slow so i bought 9 rolls of wheats from her. All she had.
out of that so far I have found (5) 1910 (2) 1910s (5) 1911D (4)1912
(3)1912s and (1) 1915s. I stil have 5 more rolls to look though.
many of these look to be in fine to extra fine condition.

I gave the girl $10 to call me if any other old rolls show up. She
was thrilled and said she would.

Not a bad find for an amature collector, if I do say so myself.
Old May 9th 04, 03:39 AM
MarkR

"Kevin" wrote in message
Was at the store today, and got some chnge back and in the change I
had 4 1920's Wheat pennies. The likely hood of 4 out of 4 pennies
being wheats is unlikely so I went back in and she had a whole section
filled of them.

She was slow so i bought 9 rolls of wheats from her. All she had.
out of that so far I have found (5) 1910 (2) 1910s (5) 1911D (4)1912
(3)1912s and (1) 1915s. I stil have 5 more rolls to look though.
many of these look to be in fine to extra fine condition.

I gave the girl $10 to call me if any other old rolls show up. She
was thrilled and said she would.

Not a bad find for an amature collector, if I do say so myself.

I remember a time when I worked for a local supermarket as a cashier that
another cashier received several rolls of IHPs that were sold to someone in
another department of the store. Made me so mad. Oh well, such is life.

Mark

Old May 9th 04, 02:38 PM
Kevin

I should mention that they are all wheats and most are 1940-1958.

The majority of the last roll I went through were in the 20's with a
few from 1922 that are so nice I think I will end them out to get
graded. Or atleast bring them to my local shop and have her tell me
what she thinks.

4 more rolls to look through, will probably get to them tonight.
Old May 9th 04, 03:27 PM
Jim Wild

Where is this store????

Old May 10th 04, 11:27 PM
Gary Loveless

On Sat, 08 May 2004 20:52:19 -0400, Kevin
wrote:

Was at the store today, and got some chnge back and in the change I
had 4 1920's Wheat pennies. The likely hood of 4 out of 4 pennies
being wheats is unlikely so I went back in and she had a whole section
filled of them.

She was slow so i bought 9 rolls of wheats from her. All she had.
out of that so far I have found (5) 1910 (2) 1910s (5) 1911D (4)1912
(3)1912s and (1) 1915s. I stil have 5 more rolls to look though.
many of these look to be in fine to extra fine condition.

I gave the girl $10 to call me if any other old rolls show up. She
was thrilled and said she would.

Not a bad find for an amature collector, if I do say so myself.

Great Find!!!!

Gary

GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
Found in Change 2/7/04 Scottishmoney Coins 5 February 8th 04 04:05 AM
Found in change today... Grandpa Coins 8 October 31st 03 10:28 PM
Found in change today Rhumrunr Coins 2 September 28th 03 05:04 AM
Found in change today Bob Peterson Coins 18 September 18th 03 06:07 AM