Wurlitzer (Germany) launching CD playing remake of 2100

Old April 24th 06, 12:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Default Wurlitzer (Germany) launching CD playing remake of 2100

Probably old news now but for anyone who doesn't know, Wurlitzer
(Germany) are launching a kind of remake of the old 2100 model -
sacrilege!

Here's a link to a brochure pictu

http://www.jukeboxfanaat.nl/eigenfotos/view.php

Old April 24th 06, 04:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

We have this machine in stock.
Jukebox Gallery, Holland
http://www.jukeboxgallery.com/specia...sic_2100_.html

"The English Patient" schreef in
bericht ups.com...

Old April 25th 06, 05:52 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

If they want it to work right then they should put ROWE mechanism in
it!

Old April 25th 06, 06:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Very interesting machine. CD player with a monitor title strip display!
Any idea of US price??
Ken, why would Wurlitzer put a Rowe mechanism in their jukebox?? That
would be like Volkswagen shipping new Beetles with a new Chevy 350
engine

Old April 25th 06, 08:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Wow! What is that sliding section coming out of the grill - something
inspired by the extending/retracting teeth of 'The Alien'? Better have
Sigourney Weaver on hand if you have this machine in your home!

Old April 25th 06, 03:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

The Wurlitzer mech sucks royally.

I bet Wurlitzer is also making all that cabinet trim out of that same
cheap, crappy plastic just like their OMT machines.

Old April 25th 06, 07:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

well Jo just send us some real pictures of the machine...if you have the
machine in stock then that wouldn't be to difficult.

The pics on your website can be found all around the internet but I think we
all want to see some pics of the real thing..

just my 2-cents..

"Jo van Dongen" schreef in bericht

Old April 25th 06, 08:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

That sliding section might be he docking port for the optional Apple
IPOD system that Wurlitzer now offers.I'm going to find out as much as
I can abot his cool juke.
Charlie

Old April 26th 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

I thought that was a hack job...of an original 2100....there is no
mention of this box on wurlitzers site...

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old April 27th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes

Here's some more info. It IS made by Deutsch Wurlitzer in Germany.
Might be too new for their web site. The trim is die cast metal, not
plastic. Price will be high,maybe twice that of a OMT..
I've been promised a copy of the brochure. I wil pst when I get it and
be glad to forward it.
Charlie