Regarding Parker Big Red

Old October 11th 03, 03:59 AM
mz

PENMART01 wrote:

Internet characterization is NEVER incorrect... not knowing that "copyright" is
one word (in ANY language) is just plain indicative of a stupid *******... you
imbecilic douche bag NEWBIE ****wit.

Pardon me, but I'm not sure how you mean "characterization." I
went through a few unabridged dictionaries, including a
three-volume behemoth that's sixty years old, and none of the
definitions applied to grammar in anyway. Could you, please,
provide a definition or citation that is applicable?

If you can provide an applicable definition, then, please, cite
the authority you use to justify that the normal rules of grammar
do not apply to the Internet. Many people choose to ignore these
rules when dashing off a post to the Usenet, but I'm not aware of
an authority that condones such practice. Could it be that you
feel the rules apply only when you want them to apply? My fervent
hope is this isn't the case, since you seem a stickler for the rules.

On a slightly different note, as a newbie, I'd like to seek some
advice from you based on your years of experience. From your
posts, your line width is set at 79 or 80 characters (or columns,
if you prefer). A number of sources I'm familiar with say that
line width should be between 68 characters and 72 characters so
that a post can be quoted several times without exceeding the
80-character limit. The RFCs I found say that line width should
be no greater than 65 characters for the same reason. With your
years of experience, I can't imagine you would make such a newbie
mistake. Could you, please, point out the reference that such a
long line width is acceptable? Some day I would like to be as
experienced as you and look to the light of knowledge that you
can shed on this subject for this unworthy supplicant.

Finally, I want to mention that the quality of your flames just
aren't what they used to be. The most recent ones lack the sting
of vitriol that is your standard. Have you been off your feed?
Are you a bit under the weather? I hope you're well. If, on the
other hand, you are finding it difficult to maintain your high
standards, please, let me know. I'll try to help in any way I can.

Warmest regards,
Mark Z.

Old October 11th 03, 04:20 AM
so what

Oh, just wait till you get your calendar from Fountain Pen Hospital. He really
gets his Fruit of the Looms in a twist over that.

satrap
who thinks Sheldon's blood pressure must be at least as high as the Sears
Tower.
Old October 11th 03, 12:40 PM
Ken

"so what" wrote in message
Oh, just wait till you get your calendar from Fountain Pen Hospital. He

really
gets his Fruit of the Looms in a twist over that.

satrap
who thinks Sheldon's blood pressure must be at least as high as the Sears
Tower.

Come on group, with a little more pushing maybe we can get his bp so high
the bugger's head will explode (not that the bang would be audible beyond a
couple of feet it it's in any way related to the contents).
Ken
who wonders why the "lying little ****" doesn't just go off and form his own
private newsgroup, alt.pedantic.little.******* for example.

Old October 11th 03, 12:58 PM
PENMART01

mz writes:

PENMART01 wrote:

not knowing that "copyright" is one word (in ANY language)
is just plain indicative of a stupid *******.

how you mean "characterization."
unabridged dictionaries, including a
three-volume that's sixty years old,

Attemting to equate sixty year old references
with the internet... you friggin' dumb *******!

Checking ancient text when the entire internet is at ones fingertips. DUH!

YOU ARE TRULY A DUMB *******!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old October 11th 03, 05:11 PM
mz

PENMART01 wrote:
mz writes:

PENMART01 wrote:

not knowing that "copyright" is one word (in ANY language)
is just plain indicative of a stupid *******.

how you mean "characterization."
unabridged dictionaries, including a
three-volume that's sixty years old,

Attemting to equate sixty year old references
with the internet... you friggin' dumb *******!

Checking ancient text when the entire internet is at ones fingertips. DUH!

YOU ARE TRULY A DUMB *******!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

My dear Sheldon, you miss the point. I was attempting to find any
applicable definition, going so far as to refer to an "ancient
text," in your defense since it seemed unlikely that you could
make a mistake given your unequalled position as expert in the
rules of English grammar. As you know, my attempt was unsuccessful.

It is perplexing that you, who castigates others for missing the
point, could miss my clearly stated earlier query. Your
unresponsive reply could be interpreted by some as an indication
that you can cite no authorities to support your earlier claim.
To use a vulgar colloquialism, "Say it ain't so." Please attempt
to remedy this situation with haste so as not to lower your
position as expert in my eyes.

I hestitate to suggest this, but you might consider using a spell
checker or a dictionary. "Attempting" has a *p* in it (see your
current reply). That misspelling was surprising from someone who
is a native English speaker, doubly so from someone with your
obvious ability and expertise. Although, it could be that you are
using another word not covered by the obviously inadequate
dictionaries at my disposal. If the latter is the case, please
advise me.

Your flames lack a certain vitality still. To call me merely dumb
does not meet your usually high standards. Might I suggest, in
the future, you use a comparison to demonstrate my lack of
intelligence. You could, for instance, say something like, "Your
intellect is to George W. Bush's as Homer Simpsons' intellect is
to Albert Einstein's." Something like this would be much more
hurtful, especially if the characters for comparison are selected
with care. Calling into question my mother's marital status at
the time of my conception was a good rally. However, since I
wasn't there, I must rely on the word of others. Therefore, it
falls short of the high standard that is your usual. As to
whether or not, or how much, I fr*g, well, one doesn't discuss
such things in public. Perhaps we can get together for a couple
of beers and discuss it then. Your closing dastardly laugh was a
good touch, but, given your generally substandard flame, it adds
little. I hope this critique helps you return to your usual high
standards for flames.

Sincerely,
Mark Z.

P.S. You seemed to have overlooked my request for your help in
determining how many characters (or columns) per line is
acceptable for posting to the Usenet. I assume you are
researching the topic so as not to lead me astray. Please let me
know the results as soon as you can so that I, a lowly newbie,
can benefit from your vast experience and knowledge.

Old October 11th 03, 07:35 PM
Ken

"PENMART01" wrote in message
Snip
Attemting to equate sixty year old references
with the internet... you friggin' dumb *******!

Checking ancient text when the entire internet is at ones fingertips. DUH!

YOU ARE TRULY A DUMB *******!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

What's the excuse for being unable to spell "attempting" or are you going to
try to change history again?

Ken

Old October 12th 03, 02:10 AM
PENMART01

In article c.net, mz
writes:

PENMART01 wrote:
mz writes:

PENMART01 wrote:

not knowing that "copyright" is one word (in ANY language)
is just plain indicative of a stupid *******.

how you mean "characterization."
unabridged dictionaries, including a
three-volume that's sixty years old,

Attemting to equate sixty year old references
with the internet... you friggin' dumb *******!

Checking ancient text when the entire internet is at ones fingertips. DUH!

YOU ARE TRULY A DUMB *******!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

My dear Sheldon, you miss the point.

Don't patronize me, scumbag.
The point is yours, that you are a pointy headed low IQ *******.

Old October 12th 03, 03:50 AM
Kruz Kontroll

PENMART01 illiterately spewed:

Functionally illiterate newbie putz.

The funny thing is, Sheldon is whining about
criticism of him being invalid because transliteration
and Internet posts are devoid of rules, yet his
original psychotic episode was a bilious spew
toward a fellow pen aficionado with a question
who posted in a second language.

So does that make Sheldon a hypocritical kook,
or is he insane, and unable to see the contradiction?
Old October 12th 03, 06:52 AM
DovR

Just ignore Shelly's drivel. He is a very disturbed individual. Some
killfile, others ignore. He's been fairly quiet a while. Maybe the Librium
is balancing the psyche. In any event he seems to have a particularly nasty
way with people who have foreign accents or whom he demeans as being less
literate than he. See the FPH taliban fiasco of last year.

Whatever he says about others, returns to him.

" Why would you care, you can't even write copyright correctly... let
alone
the rest of your fercocktah language mangling.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

What a complete jerk! It is patently obvious that KC Teo has English as

his
second language, so could you please tell us just how good your Mandarin

is?
Don't anyone forget that this tosser, referred to accurately by another
contributor to the group as a "lying little ****", is the one who chooses

tries to change history when challenged about his own language cock-ups.

Ken

Old October 12th 03, 04:58 PM
mz

PENMART01 wrote:

Don't patronize me, scumbag.
The point is yours, that you are a pointy headed low IQ *******.

You wound me, sir, but deservedly so. Please, accept my apology
for my inexcusable behavior.

Returning to the theme of our mini-thread, shouldn't "low IQ"
have a hyphen, i.e., low-IQ, since it is being used as an
adjective for the noun, *******? I will bow to your expertise in
this matter, provided you can support your answer with citations.

Then, again, what about all the other points that I have asked
for guidance with, i.e., the improper use of an ellipsis, a comma
splice, the misspelling of "attempting," and that pesky little
thing about proper line width for the Usenet? It is still, for
the greater part, inconceivable that Darnell and I could have
been right and you could have been wrong. However, I admit to
having some doubts about your infallibility. Please respond with
alacrity since your stock as expert in all things related to
English grammar and the Usenet is falling rapidly.

From your recent posts, I fear that your flames have become, and
will remain, ghosts of their former glory. They are mere pricks
compared to your slashing cuts of the past. I mourn the passing
from your Golden Age into your Modern Era for there will never be
another such as you. My hope is that you will still be able to
marshal your resources at times so that we may revel in those
wonderful days gone by.

Again, please, accept my apology for my earlier boorish behavior.
It was worthy of neither you nor me. I will endeavor to avoid
such low conduct in the future.

With regards,
Mark Z.