Regarding Parker Big Red

Old October 7th 03, 04:47 PM
kasey

Default Regarding Parker Big Red

There were a few fountain pen expertise, whom duplicate or clone Parker
Duofold Big Red with different material and sell it in FP market. I would
like to know is it against copy right by doing this ? Or they did obtain
some approval document from Parker ?? Can anyone clear my doubt ?
Thank you.

teo

Old October 7th 03, 10:45 PM

kasey wrote:

There were a few fountain pen expertise, whom duplicate or clone Parker
Duofold Big Red with different material and sell it in FP market. I would
like to know is it against copy right by doing this ? Or they did obtain
some approval document from Parker ?? Can anyone clear my doubt ?
Thank you.

Its a red pen. Anyone can make a red pen. Material has nothing to do
with it be it plastic, metal or anything else. Even if it looks the
same, as long as it doesn't say Parker or Duofold its probably legal.
Both then and now. Back then Parker tried some lawsuits and soon gave
up since they did have a patent on the colors design, but it was
entirely another matter in the courts where Parker got nowhere.

Same applies to almost any look alike product. Unless trademarks and/or
names are used, its usually legal. Of course sometimes even trademarks
and names are used and thats an area thats gray to illegal. Othertimes
companies just file lawsuits gunshot style to discourage look-alikes
even when they know they probably won't win in court they do know it
will cost other companies money for defense. Doesn't always apply to
items made near the Great Wall or other remote locations where a foreign
lawyer and courts wouldn't get far.

I am not a attorney nor do I play one on TV. I have some pride.
Frank
Old October 7th 03, 11:05 PM
john cline ii

wrote in part:

| I am not a attorney nor do I play one on TV. I have some pride.
| Frank

Ahem!

john cline ii, who will send Frank a ton of orange ink if he doesn't
behave...

Old October 8th 03, 02:10 AM
PENMART01

writes:
"
There were a few fountain pen expertise, whom duplicate or clone Parker
Duofold Big Red with different material and sell it in FP market. I would
like to know is it against copy right by doing this ? Or they did obtain
some approval document from Parker ?? Can anyone clear my doubt ?

Why would you care, you can't even write copyright correctly... let alone the
rest of your fercocktah language mangling.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old October 8th 03, 07:33 AM
Darnell

PENMART01 wrote:

Why would you care, you can't even write copyright correctly...
let alone the rest of your fercocktah language mangling.

It is interesting that you would write that, considering the
comma splice, improper ellipsis, clumsy diction and
misspelled Yiddish word you have crammed into the
mess you have made of your own native language
in one short sentence expressing a single dim thought.

Old October 8th 03, 09:07 AM
Ken

"PENMART01" wrote in message
writes:
"
There were a few fountain pen expertise, whom duplicate or clone Parker
Duofold Big Red with different material and sell it in FP market. I would
like to know is it against copy right by doing this ? Or they did obtain
some approval document from Parker ?? Can anyone clear my doubt ?

Why would you care, you can't even write copyright correctly... let alone

the
rest of your fercocktah language mangling.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

What a complete jerk! It is patently obvious that KC Teo has English as his
second language, so could you please tell us just how good your Mandarin is?
Don't anyone forget that this tosser, referred to accurately by another
contributor to the group as a "lying little ****", is the one who chooses to
tries to change history when challenged about his own language cock-ups.

Ken

Old October 9th 03, 03:29 AM
Tim McNamara

In article ,
"Ken" wrote:

"PENMART01" wrote in message

snip

What a complete jerk!

Well, yes. He is a jerk and he prides himself on it, in that
adolescent manner that afflicts many Usenet afficionados. Killfile
him and you don't have to read his drivel unless someone quotes him.
That's been my solution for a long time.
Old October 9th 03, 08:43 AM
so what

-
john cline ii, who will send Frank a ton of orange ink if he doesn't
behave...

what's that?? Rewarding bad behaviour?!

satrap
who is certain that jcii would prefer the orange ink for himself!

Old October 9th 03, 08:47 AM
so what

language cock-ups.

now that's a good one. I haven't heard that one, not even from junior high
students!
LOL!
Thanks, Ken!

chomsky