Levenger Infinity Journal?

Old May 24th 04, 05:00 PM
KCat

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message

I have two journals and a planner. All bought on sale. The planner

well -
it's just that. a cool little thing I got as a closeout from B&N.

Cheap
leather - but nice paper - I'll probably go back next Christmas and hope
they have more.

The two journals:

1) Thanks. I came close to buying one and have wondered if I made a

mistake
in not doing so. It's nice to know that I didn't.

Yeah - Pendemonium had a deal on 'em - in particular these are the Nostalgie
journal. Exacompta's other journals may be quite different in paper weight
and such. Sam, et. al. are pretty good at stocking very FP friendly journals
and papers. I do like the darn thing and will probably buy a refill for it
when it runs out since it works well for what I wanted it for. But for
heavy duty writing it's not substantial enough.

3) One whole journal just for pen and ink purchases? Uh-oh, now you're
getting me concerned about the (online) company I'm keeping .

maniacal laughter

Actually - i tend to make most of my purchases (of everything except food)
on-line so the journal is a record of when I've placed on-line orders and
when to expect them. Otherwise I forget. And forgetting can mean looking
at a box with post-911 paranoia or never realizing that that thing I ordered
a month ago has never arrived...

Here's an idea for you - a journal of favorite/inspiring sayings, quotes,
phrases, etc.

I like that - right now they are all just getting marked with Book Darts*

~~Bluesea~~who files receipts and has lists on plain-o binder paper :P

I file receipts - in a shoebox labeled "receipts" - about once a year I dump
it out and start over. :-)

*Book Darts - highly recommended to avid readers. GREAT little tool. Get the
original (www.bookdarts.com i think) not the Levenger version which is much
more expensive.
I have no affiliation with the company blah blah disclaimer.

Old May 24th 04, 05:02 PM
KCat

"C." wrote in message
I've said it before....The Blueline A796.01 Record. 200 pages of great
paper, numbered pages, nice margins, hardcover, lies flat, and looks so
professional that you'll pay yourself for writing in it.

C.

i'll look for it - i have apparently missed your previous comments on this.
sounds interesin' though.

Old May 25th 04, 12:43 AM
macaddicted

KCat wrote:

*Book Darts - highly recommended to avid readers. GREAT little tool. Get the
original (www.bookdarts.com i think) not the Levenger version which is much
more expensive.
I have no affiliation with the company blah blah disclaimer.

Just what I needed, another indespensible reading tool.

--
macaddicted
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
Old May 25th 04, 06:07 AM
Bluesea

Yes, you have - thanks. It's rather larger than what I prefer, however,
although I may reconsider if my next journal leaves something to be desired.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message

I have two journals and a planner. All bought on sale. The planner

well -
it's just that. a cool little thing I got as a closeout from B&N.

Cheap
leather - but nice paper - I'll probably go back next Christmas and

hope
they have more.

The two journals:

1) Exacompta - nice smooth paper that is FP friendly in that

respect. But
very thin paper that allows bleed through from all but my lightest

inks. I
use it for recording the major events of the day if there were any.

2) a $3 cheapie from Big Lots that I wish I'd stocked up on.

Nothing
fancy
but the front bends back to act as further support, it's spiral and

the
pages are very FP friendly both in texture and weight. my darkest

inks
are
barely visible from opposite sides of the page.

3) well - I use one journal for keeping up with ink and pen

purchases
which
isn't necessary but fun

i could probably find more excuses for a new journal. :-)

Old May 25th 04, 05:03 PM
KCat

"macaddicted" wrote in message
news:1geaubk.1ksx87c13q8b9cN%macaddicted@REMOVETHI Scomcast.com...

snipperood book darts info

Just what I needed, another indespensible reading tool.

but it's a cheap and indispensable reading tool! Buy bulk. Or buy one
cannister then buy bulk to fill it up further. I thought there was no way
I'd use 200 up in my lifetime (thinking I'd remove them from books and
reuse. I do reuse quite a bit (especially in technical tomes) but I like
leaving them in certain books that I know I will come back to and wonder
"what was that so-and-so said about not beating a dead horse with a gift in
its mouth?" :-)

so it's almost time for me to reorder. hubby prefers those tattered post-it
sticky thingies. hmph!

I also use one to track my journal entries - that is, to mark the page I'm
on because I tend to lose paper book marks and the big bulky bookmarks can
slide out just as easily. Book darts stay put until you want to move them.
And if sometimes they have Christmas deals - they send you a little note as
a previous customer.

Is this helping? :-)

evil laughter

Old May 25th 04, 08:25 PM
Bluesea

"KCat" wrote in message
.. .

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message

snip
[...]

I went to bookdarts.com and found a shopping cart but no catalog or price
info. Then, I went to Levenger's to see what kind of price they had and got
distracted. How about a journal of things you've read? I started to keep
one, once, in my DayTimer but the organizer and pages weren't sufficient.
Currently, I have an index card file of books to read and I check them off
as I go, but there's no room for notes of any length. I like the ideas
presented in this Levenger article:

http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...7-1691&link=LN

or, http://tinyurl.com/2ofww.

I'm thinking that I could also do one for movies since I like to watch
movies a lot and what about music? A journal on recordings, concerts,
composers, and musicians would also be appropriate.

Hmm...

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 25th 04, 10:53 PM
Pat Lamb

Bluesea wrote:
"KCat" wrote in message

I like that - right now they are all just getting marked with Book Darts*

*Book Darts - highly recommended to avid readers. GREAT little tool. Get

the

original (www.bookdarts.com i think) not the Levenger version which is

much

more expensive.

I went to bookdarts.com and found a shopping cart but no catalog or price
info.

Bookdarts has one of the most confusing web interfaces I've seen in a
while. You have to click on the "Products for consumer" or "Products
for retailers" first. Next, click on products over on the left side.
Finally, select something like "Tins" and you get down to where you can
buy something.

Their products are better than their web site.

Pat
Old May 25th 04, 11:16 PM
KCat

Hiya.

I went to bookdarts.com and found a shopping cart but no catalog or price
info.

http://www.bookdarts.com/products.asp

click on any of the items - prices are on the bottom right-hand side of the
page. you might have missed this if you didn't scroll down. They could
stand to have a better web design - but the info is all there. To get there
from the main page - click on Products for Consumers which is the last item
on the left-hand side. or the great big white box in the middle of the main
screen with large black lettering that says "Products for Consumers" :-)

Then, I went to Levenger's to see what kind of price they had and got
distracted. How about a journal of things you've read?

cool. And opinions/ratings? Things that struck you about the work. I've
seen a "books to check out" journal (Bas Bleu catalog) which is cleverly
done and even turned my head briefly but you could use any journal to
accomplish the same thing. I see a lot of books in catalogs that I think
I'd like to read. Don't make enough library trips.

I'm thinking that I could also do one for movies since I like to watch
movies a lot and what about music? A journal on recordings, concerts,
composers, and musicians would also be appropriate.

Hmm...

well, we could get ourselves into a lot of trouble this way. I could
probably have a shelf in our library (don't worry, we call it that but no
one would mistake it for that) devoted solely to journals of this sort.
Probably should actually given right now they're stacked on the floor of a
musty closet.

When I first got dog, i kept a record of her life - sort of a baby book.
Basically all of her antics were moved into a general daily journal. As
were those of my daughter.

Old May 26th 04, 05:42 AM
Bluesea

"Pat Lamb" wrote in message
Bluesea wrote:

I went to bookdarts.com and found a shopping cart but no catalog or

price
info.

Bookdarts has one of the most confusing web interfaces I've seen in a
while. You have to click on the "Products for consumer" or "Products
for retailers" first. Next, click on products over on the left side.
Finally, select something like "Tins" and you get down to where you can
buy something.

Their products are better than their web site.

Pat

Thanks. When I clicked earlier, all I got was like a refresh of the home
page. After following your directions and trying KCat's link, I got "server
not found".

ctrlaltdelete 2x fixed it .

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 26th 04, 06:03 AM
Bluesea

"KCat" wrote in message
.. .
Hiya.

I went to bookdarts.com and found a shopping cart but no catalog or

price
info.

http://www.bookdarts.com/products.asp

click on any of the items - prices are on the bottom right-hand side of

the
page. you might have missed this if you didn't scroll down. They could
stand to have a better web design - but the info is all there.

Thanks. I had scrolled and clicked to no avail. It turned out that my laptop
needed rebooting .

I'm thinking that my best bet is to get the 125 tin then refill with loose
as needed. I'm glad that you pointed them out because, as you mentioned,
bookmarks fall out and I'm don't like using sticky tabs because of the
adhesive and I don't like using anything else that might bend the page such
as paperclips.

Then, I went to Levenger's to see what kind of price they had and got
distracted. How about a journal of things you've read?

cool. And opinions/ratings? Things that struck you about the work. I've
seen a "books to check out" journal (Bas Bleu catalog) which is cleverly
done and even turned my head briefly but you could use any journal to
accomplish the same thing. I see a lot of books in catalogs that I think
I'd like to read. Don't make enough library trips.

Opinions/ratings, yes, of course, and a list of other books by the same
author and/or movies made from the author's books, if so inclined.

I think that a loose leaf binder might work better for me because then I
could add comments later when I reread something. Handwrite for the first
reading, but pro'lly best to type up old and new comments on the 'puter so
that subsequent comments get incorporated so that everything's kept in
sequence or somewhat more organized than tacking on extra pages at the end
might. Ugh. That sounds like double work . My guess is that I'll grab a
fresh sheet of paper, write, and just stick it into the binder at the
closest point and type when it all becomes an incomprehensible mess. Of
course, I could do it entirely on my laptop from the get-go, but it's much
more pleasurable to use a fp, right?

Same w/ movies. For music, however, I'm more likely to use my general
journal for handwritten souvenir notes. That would be more for concerts
since I've decided that I'm too lazy to do that for CDs :P.

--
~~Bluesea~~