Ink Question

Old April 23rd 04, 10:20 PM
Dave J

Mr. Swisher:

I am impressed with your (aka Noodlers) water resistance. Does this water
resistance make it tough to clean a pen? I am one of the AR types who want
several consecutive clean flushes from a pen before it is returned to
storage - rinsing a Vac is bad enough without water resistant ink.

Love to hear someone's experience on this.

Dave

"Chuck Swisher" wrote in message
At this time the black ink is the only color that Nathan calls "Extremely
Water Resistant"

Old April 24th 04, 05:22 AM
BLandolf

KCat wrote:
of course "value" is subjective to some degree - if you dislike the
ink and won't use it.. than it's still wasted $. ...

Value is subjective, for sure, but price is not. The fact that Aurora's
retail price is 22¢ per ml and Quink's retail price is 10¢ per ml (at $6
per bottle... the IP was getting it for less at Staples) is not
subjective. That someone thinks Aurora black is somehow more attractive
than Quink black is subjective. That Quink has been around since 1931 is
not subjective. I just bought 20 4-oz bottles of cir. 1940 Quink (Perm.
Royal Blue and Perm. Blue-Black), and it's still perfectly useable. Some
folks might not think it's as pretty as some currently available
boutique inks (although others might think it's prettier); however, the
fact that it's still in perfect shape after 60+ years is, I think,
relevant to the IP's question Is there a better ink than Quink. (Bet
Dr. Seuss could have had fun with that one.) Quink's been around a
long time. You're not going to find stuff precipitating out of it or
slimy stuff floating around inside the bottle. It's not going to gunk up
your pens. There are many inks available without as long or as good a
track record. But, those other inks sell for good reasons to those who
buy them... shrug.
--- Bernadette

Old April 24th 04, 05:55 AM
Chuck Swisher

Dave wrote:

I am impressed with your (aka Noodlers) water resistance. Does this water
resistance make it tough to clean a pen? I am one of the AR types who

want
several consecutive clean flushes from a pen before it is returned to
storage - rinsing a Vac is bad enough without water resistant ink.

Love to hear someone's experience on this.

I have tried it in cartridge/converter, piston, lever and button fill pens
but not in a Vac. I have found it any harder to clean out of these types of
pens than Aurora or Parker black ink. This ink is water based and washes
off feeds and nibs just like any other water based inks. Here is a link to
some additional information about these inks:

http://www.luxurybrandsusa.com/noodlers/

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Chuck Swisher at

Swisher Pens, Inc. -
www.swisherpens.com

Tele: (757) 539-2209
TF: 1-888-340-PENS (7367)
Fax: (757) 925-2787

Old April 24th 04, 10:55 AM
john cline ii

"BLandolf" wrote:

| KCat wrote:
| of course "value" is subjective to some degree - if you dislike the
| ink and won't use it.. than it's still wasted $. ...
|
| Value is subjective, for sure, but price is not. The fact that
Aurora's
| retail price is 22¢ per ml and Quink's retail price is 10¢ per ml (at
$6
| per bottle... the IP was getting it for less at Staples) is not
| subjective. That someone thinks Aurora black is somehow more
attractive
| than Quink black is subjective. That Quink has been around since 1931
is
| not subjective. I just bought 20 4-oz bottles of cir. 1940 Quink
(Perm.
| Royal Blue and Perm. Blue-Black), and it's still perfectly useable.
Some
| folks might not think it's as pretty as some currently available
| boutique inks (although others might think it's prettier); however,
the
| fact that it's still in perfect shape after 60+ years is, I think,
| relevant to the IP's question Is there a better ink than Quink.
(Bet
| Dr. Seuss could have had fun with that one.) Quink's been around
| long time. You're not going to find stuff precipitating out of it or
| slimy stuff floating around inside the bottle. It's not going to gunk
up
| your pens. There are many inks available without as long or as good a
| track record. But, those other inks sell for good reasons to those
who
| buy them... shrug.
| --- Bernadette

Somewhere, Frank Dubiel is smiling....

john cline ii, who admired Frank, but still prefers Aurora Black (but
loves his Quink Blue-Black as well...)

Old April 25th 04, 03:46 AM
KCat

Yeaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Finally - I was beginning to think you might actually *like* me, Shel. I'm
so proud!

everything else passing through their grubby fingered paws.

Cat's got fingers? :-)

Old April 25th 04, 10:19 PM
JP

My cover's blown....a sicko bug leg tearin' ink contaminating douche bag,
mishandling my inks like I do every other aspect of my life, I'm sorry_
Was that your sandwich?

"PENMART01" wrote in message
"KCat"

Rather than flushing an ink - consider seeking a trade first - on this

group
or elsewhere.

Only a friggin' imbecile would risk pens costing hundreds, even thousands

by
using second hand ink from a total stranger, off the internet no less.

Granted
most folks are fairly honest but it only takes a mere few sicko douche

bags
who'd just as easily tear the legs off bugs as they would contaminate ink

for
kicks. And what about all those imbeciles just like you who'd
unknowingly/unwittingly mishandle ink pretty much the same as they do most
everything else passing through their grubby fingered paws. Again, ink

is
cheap... in fact for years I've been imploring ink manufacturers to adopt
tamper proof packaging... I've no idea why they refuse, can't cost that

much
extra, why I can buy a hermatically sealed 19¢ BIC. I for one don't want

your
stinkin' used ink any more than I want a bite of your slobbered on

sandwich.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old April 25th 04, 10:39 PM
PENMART01

"JP" scrawled:

My cover's blown....a sicko bug leg tearin' ink contaminating douche bag,
mishandling my inks like I do every other aspect of my life, I'm sorry_
Was that your sandwich?

And you're a top posting know nothing NEWBIE.

"PENMART01" wrote:

@mb-m07.aol.com...

Old April 26th 04, 01:32 AM
KCat

"JP" wrote in message
My cover's blown....a sicko bug leg tearin' ink contaminating douche bag,
mishandling my inks like I do every other aspect of my life, I'm sorry_
Was that your sandwich?

What shall we do, JP? I kept wondering why there were forests growing out
of my pens and I was coughing up hairballs all the time. All that
contamination. :-P````` (that's me drooling into the Penman bottle)

Old April 26th 04, 01:06 PM
JP

Not so new, top posting allows the experienced scanner to see if I've
been able to add something witty without having to wade through your
original scan. Not being so new I also know your comments can
sometimes be, well, shall we say "predictable?"

But a know-nothing?

Perhaps. Who else would waste thousands on stuff that should have
been junked before I was born and then spend hundreds more to
pay one of the six surviving craftsmen to keep it in functioning.
Or maybe I know something and am merely unbalanced.
Must be, I'm one of those who likes Penman Black.

JP

"JP" scrawled:

"PENMART01" wrote:

@mb-m07.aol.com...

Old April 26th 04, 05:28 PM
Tony Stanford

Hi -

I share the same hesitance about trying a water-resistant or
'waterproof' black ink, much as I like black.

My problem is this. If it dries on a page and can't be washed off - ie
is virtually insoluble in water - then how on earth can it be washed out
of a pen if the ink is inadvertently left to dry in one?

I mean, if it's insoluble, then it won't dissolve out of the pen either,
right?

Or have I missed something?

On the other hand, I have had good dealings with Nathan, and have bought
some great pens from him at excellent prices. He knows his onions, as we
say in the UK. But I'm still puzzled. Insoluble in water = it won't wash
out of a pen?

Regards

Tony Stanford

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004,00:55:45, Chuck Swisher wrote

--
******* email sent to this address is automatically discarded *******