Levenger Infinity Journal?

Old May 29th 04, 06:51 PM
Bluesea

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2004 15:52:33 GMT, "Bluesea"
wrote:

"Reuben S. Pitts III" wrote in message

KCat wrote:

*Book Darts - highly recommended to avid readers. GREAT little tool.

Get
the
original (www.bookdarts.com i think) not the Levenger version which

is
much
more expensive.
I have no affiliation with the company blah blah disclaimer.

My Book Darts (2 tins) came in the mail today. Can't wait to use the
little critters.

Reuben who's grateful for the tip

Would you or anyone else please provide the approximate measurements of

the
tins? I emailed the co. on the 26th requesting same but have yet to

receive
a reply and I'm loathe to buy w/o knowing what I'm getting.

Thanks.

Not sure why it matters, but they look like they're about 6 cm dia. by
1 cm tall...

Is that for 50 or 125? I don't want to get a tin that's too big for my
space.

Thanks.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 29th 04, 07:00 PM
Bluesea

"macaddicted" wrote in message
news:1gejna2.37ajkw8n3r04N%macaddicted@REMOVETHISc omcast.com...
Bluesea wrote:

Would you or anyone else please provide the approximate measurements of

the
tins? I emailed the co. on the 26th requesting same but have yet to

receive
a reply and I'm loathe to buy w/o knowing what I'm getting.

Thanks.

I don't have the book darts, but the tins look like the ones Altoid's
uses for their hard candies (of which I have several dozen).

Not knowing the sizes of the two available tins, I've been wondering if it
might be better for me to buy bulk and use a tin from something else. Would
hate to reach absent-mindedly for an Altoid, though, only to discover that I
popped something into my mouth that's neither as sweet nor as edible .

--
~~Bluesea~~who doesn't suck on paperclips

Old May 29th 04, 07:31 PM
Bluesea

"Bluesea" wrote in message

"Patrick Lamb" wrote in message

Not sure why it matters, but they look like they're about 6 cm dia. by
1 cm tall...

Is that for 50 or 125? I don't want to get a tin that's too big for my
space.

Nevermind. I just called and was told that the tin is the same for both
quantities.

Was also told that one could request all silver (actually stainless steel)
or brass. It'll take a little longer, though. (I didn't ask how much is "a
little longer".)

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 29th 04, 08:53 PM
KCat

Not knowing the sizes of the two available tins, I've been wondering if it
might be better for me to buy bulk and use a tin from something else.

I buy bulk and bought several small tins from The Container Store. about
1.5" diam. I know you've got the info now but just sayin... this way I
have them scattered about the house or can quickly give some away to someone
else who needs to share my obsessive behaviors. :-)

Old May 30th 04, 12:23 AM
Bluesea

"KCat" wrote in message
. ..
Not knowing the sizes of the two available tins, I've been wondering if

it
might be better for me to buy bulk and use a tin from something else.

I buy bulk and bought several small tins from The Container Store. about
1.5" diam. I know you've got the info now but just sayin... this way I
have them scattered about the house or can quickly give some away to

someone
else who needs to share my obsessive behaviors. :-)

"Someone...who needs to share...obsessive behaviors" - LOL, loveit!

I like the scatter idea since I am not always in the same spot when I'm into
a book. I actually keep spare bookmarks in 4 different places, now.

What I decided to do was order 2 tins of 125 and one bulk of 100. That way,
I figured that I could use my own container (Altoids, Sucrets - the lady
said the tin's the same size that chewing tobacco's in - hah) and it would
give me a couple of stocking-stuffer type gifts that I can appropriate/mooch
from should I decide to do so before a couple of friends' birthdays or
Christmas arrives. (I bought an aqua Core for a friend and plan to give it
to her with a tin of Book Darts on her birthday.)

Didn't think about looking for tins as individual items - small wooden boxes
would work and make nice gifts, too, yes?

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old May 30th 04, 06:06 PM
KCat

"Bluesea" wrote in message

give me a couple of stocking-stuffer type gifts that I can

appropriate/mooch
from should I decide to do so before a couple of friends' birthdays or
Christmas arrives. (I bought an aqua Core for a friend and plan to give it
to her with a tin of Book Darts on her birthday.)

Didn't think about looking for tins as individual items - small wooden

boxes
would work and make nice gifts, too, yes?

Sure, why not. Whatever you think the gift-ee would like. I've seen the
little tins in various places. And little wooden boxes..

ya know, I would like some of those little laquer boxes. They were very
popular when I was a teen and I know they're still available but I don't see
them in stores. In the 70s they were about 2" square and had four little
boxes inside (not "nested") but separate. I had 2 or 3 of these and over
the years I've lost them. I think they'd work very well too - espcially for
young female readers.

hmmm... guess I'll have to do some web searching...

Old May 30th 04, 07:34 PM
Bluesea

"KCat" wrote in message

"Bluesea" wrote in message

Didn't think about looking for tins as individual items - small wooden

boxes
would work and make nice gifts, too, yes?

Sure, why not. Whatever you think the gift-ee would like. I've seen the
little tins in various places. And little wooden boxes..

ya know, I would like some of those little laquer boxes. They were very
popular when I was a teen and I know they're still available but I don't

see
them in stores. In the 70s they were about 2" square and had four little
boxes inside (not "nested") but separate. I had 2 or 3 of these and over
the years I've lost them. I think they'd work very well too - espcially

for
young female readers.

hmmm... guess I'll have to do some web searching...

You might want to also try arts & crafts fairs, stores, etc. I remember
seeing little wooden boxes at the local arts & crafts fairs, at a
photography/frame shop that also sells other items made by local craftsmen
(pottery, metalwork), and at a vendor's table in a mall that had an arts &
crafts weekend. In Milwaukee, I think it was, or maybe the Dallas Galleria
shrug, there was a tiny store with exquisite, small handmade, hand-painted
boxes from Russia.

--
~~Bluesea~~who didn't think to buy any of them

Old May 31st 04, 12:33 PM
michael ellis

How many pages did they come up with? Just kidding. Actually, the answer is
how many pages do you want it to be?

"Bluesea" wrote in message
That's good to know especially since I caught *major* mistakes made by two
CPAs that I hired.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"mge" wrote in message
Thank you, I guess as a CPA I am able to still figure these things out.

mike

"Bluesea" wrote in message
Yes, that's the proper way to calculate the number of pages: Number of
sheets x 2.

Although, with stitched-binding, a sheet would actually be one folded

in
half to yield 4 pages, but let's not confuse the issue any further.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"mge" wrote in message
In regards to various posts about this journal on a few different
boards.......I went to Levenger today and I to look at it. I decided

pass
on the infinity journal.....it's very big, bulky and horsey and I am

not
impressed with the refill paper of the refill itself, it seems like

Miguel
Ruis quality paper which is so-so stuff. The 600 pages is

essentially
300
back and front to equal 600. Furthermore, they had the journal and

refills
in the outlet for like $45 and $10 respectively. No thanks.

"KCat" wrote in message
Anyone tried these with PR and similar inks?

I don't care about the leather binding but 30 bucks for 600 pages

is
pretty good deal *if* the paper will hold up to my dark and dense

inks.
don't usually care for that sort of binding but...

posting this everywhere (well, 3 forums)

TIA,
kcat

Old May 31st 04, 12:35 PM
michael ellis

In regards to various posts about this journal on a few different
boards.......I went to Levenger today and to look at it. I decided to pass
on the infinity journal.....it's very big, bulky and horsey and I am not
impressed with the refill paper of the refill itself, it seems like Miguel
Ruis quality paper which is so-so stuff. The 600 pages is essentially 300
back and front to equal 600. Furthermore, they had the journal and refills
in the outlet for like $45 and $10 respectively. No thanks.

--
"Bluesea" wrote in message
Yes, you have - thanks. It's rather larger than what I prefer, however,
although I may reconsider if my next journal leaves something to be

desired.

--
~~Bluesea~~

"C." wrote in message
I've said it before....The Blueline A796.01 Record. 200 pages of great
paper, numbered pages, nice margins, hardcover, lies flat, and looks so
professional that you'll pay yourself for writing in it.

C.
"Bluesea" wrote in message

"KCat" wrote in message

I have two journals and a planner. All bought on sale. The planner
well -
it's just that. a cool little thing I got as a closeout from B&N.

Cheap
leather - but nice paper - I'll probably go back next Christmas and

hope
they have more.

The two journals:

1) Exacompta - nice smooth paper that is FP friendly in that

respect. But
very thin paper that allows bleed through from all but my lightest

inks. I
use it for recording the major events of the day if there were any.

2) a $3 cheapie from Big Lots that I wish I'd stocked up on.

Nothing
fancy
but the front bends back to act as further support, it's spiral and

the
pages are very FP friendly both in texture and weight. my darkest

inks
are
barely visible from opposite sides of the page.

3) well - I use one journal for keeping up with ink and pen

purchases
which
isn't necessary but fun

i could probably find more excuses for a new journal. :-)

1) Thanks. I came close to buying one and have wondered if I made a

mistake
in not doing so. It's nice to know that I didn't.

3) One whole journal just for pen and ink purchases? Uh-oh, now you're
getting me concerned about the (online) company I'm keeping .

Here's an idea for you - a journal of favorite/inspiring sayings,

quotes,
phrases, etc.

--
~~Bluesea~~who files receipts and has lists on plain-o binder paper :P