Seeburg 222 - Pick Up and Put back Without Play

Old June 22nd 08, 01:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
C.G.

Default Seeburg 222 - Pick Up and Put back Without Play

I have Seeburg 222 that without fail, when you select a record, it will pick
up and return around 15 to 20 other selections without playing them. This
also goes for the selection you chose. I have had both the selection unit
and the amp rebuilt by a reliable source that does this on a daily basis.
This is the same problem it had when I bought the box. I have disconnected
one of the wires to the trip switch on the tone arm, no difference. I have
also noticed it does not register on the counter wheels either. It travels 2
times picking up random records and stops. sometimes when it stops on the
second trip it will pike up a record half way before it stops scanning. In
the trouble shooting guide it says something about clutch 4 being to tight
will cause this. What is clutch 4, it make no mention of this anywhere but
the trouble shooting guide. Any help or guidance on this problem would be
appreciated.

Old June 22nd 08, 05:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
C.G.

Thanks Charley

Found them with no problem. Observed while unit was in operation and they
moved fine. I re oiled with wd40 and still not change, but with good
movement, it's prob somewhere else. I wish there was a test I could do to
narrow down if this is mechanical or electrical. I hat to send this box out
for repair if it's something I can fix. This is my second seeburg of 5 total
boxes I have owned, and the first time I could not solve a problem.

carefully at the pictures and diagrams in your manual and then see if you
can find them in your jukebox mechanism. Then try to apply some WD40 to
them
without flooding them with too much.

Please let us know if this works.

Charley

Charley

Old June 24th 08, 08:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

C.G. wrote:
Thanks Charley

Found them with no problem. Observed while unit was in operation and they
moved fine. I re oiled with wd40 and still not change, but with good
movement, it's prob somewhere else. I wish there was a test I could do to
narrow down if this is mechanical or electrical. I hat to send this box out
for repair if it's something I can fix. This is my second seeburg of 5 total
boxes I have owned, and the first time I could not solve a problem.

carefully at the pictures and diagrams in your manual and then see if you
can find them in your jukebox mechanism. Then try to apply some WD40 to
them
without flooding them with too much.

Please let us know if this works.

Charley

Charley

Please do NOT use WD-40 as a lubricant! It was never designed to do
that, rather it was designed to prevent rust. When used as a lubricant
it will gum up after a period of time due to the residues of the old
oil/grease that was the original problem. It is very difficult to remove
parts that have been gummed up that way.

Far better to either use a light weight oil or simply take the item
apart (that is gumming up), wash in thinner/Varsol, then re-oil
according to the manual (one or two drops in most applications).

As for the problem with the mechanism picking up/putting back, this has
been covered many times and a quick google search of the
alt.collecting.juke-boxes past messages should turn up the answer.
Search for something like "repeats record" and "Seeburg" and "Cancel" as
part of the search.

Hmmm, need to write a FAQ...but no time!

www.flippers.com
Old June 25th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
C.G.

Well, I went for broke today. I pulled out the mech and I am in the process
of a complete teardown and rebuild. I found the problem, it was a gummed up
piece, and I have been I automotive long enough to know, there is no such
thing as a short cut. So I am going to ger-er-done. I will let every body
know how it turns out this weekend.

Old June 25th 08, 05:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

C.G. wrote:
Well, I went for broke today. I pulled out the mech and I am in the process
of a complete teardown and rebuild. I found the problem, it was a gummed up
piece, and I have been I automotive long enough to know, there is no such
thing as a short cut. So I am going to ger-er-done. I will let every body
know how it turns out this weekend.

Do follow the Seeburg sequence of adjustments - they are precise and
essential for correct operation of the machine.

John :-#)#