Rockola 1422 missing speaker help

Old May 30th 08, 04:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Default Rockola 1422 missing speaker help

Hi speaker and the board its mounted on is missing .

I would really like to know what type speaker and its coil ohms values
are .
Better yet a correct replacement speaker
and what that mounting board looked like .. any bass port holes & such ?

Thanks !!

Old May 30th 08, 05:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic

Rockola used an electrodynamic speaker; 5000 Ohm field coil, 8 Ohm voice coil.
The mounting board has two horizontal slots alongside the speaker. I sold my
1426 a while back so I can't give you measurements, but I do have a scan from
the manual that shows the mounting board head-on; you should be able to
approximate the original size and shape from that.

I don't know if you can receive e-mail attachments on Web TV - send me an
e-mail if you can, and I'll attach an image from the manual that shows the
speaker board. If not, I can stick the image up on my Web server.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old May 31st 08, 01:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Thanks .. i can make one from your description .

Does the speaker have an audio transformer on it ? 10 or 12 inch ?

I found out today the cartridge is dead . Are there good replacement
available ?

Thanks again .

Old May 31st 08, 02:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Default Rockola 1422 value

I am trying to get this fixed for someone . I would like to know an
aprox value of this model first as described as is .

Cabinet wood in fair condition , veneer chunks out right on top , rest
has a bad finish otherwise the rest is solid .

Front edge plastics are old and darkened looking a bit but not melted ,
maybe a bit shrunk ? thin colored gille plastic has a chunk out the
size of a quarter and one spiderweb shatter . All the chrome looks great
..

Coin gear all gone , speaker gone , amp all original ( cant test no
speaker ) Mech works but needs the usual going through .
Record area and inside ``decor`` is real nice , bad cartridge . No rust
anywhere .

Value ?

Then if this were in working condition but not refinished ... value ?

Thanks !

Old June 5th 08, 01:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

I guess these are no good ? it sure looks neet . I am trying to advise
how much to put into such a juke so the owner does not go overboard . I
did some calling around and it appears internal parts are real hard to
find or very expensive

Old June 5th 08, 01:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 8:31*pm, (Ken G.) wrote:
I guess these are no good ? it sure looks neet . I am trying to advise
how much to put into such a juke so the owner does not go overboard . I
did some calling around and it appears internal parts are real hard to
find or very expensive *

I have two complete ones for sale for $1500 each if that helps.
Old June 15th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken G.

Yes that does help . Thanks very much .

FS:rockola 1422 and rockola 1936 - 3500 or bo for pair ed Juke Boxes 1 March 30th 08 04:18 AM
rockola 1422 robert young Juke Boxes 1 February 28th 05 12:27 AM
FS: Rockola 1422 and Rockola 1000 Ernsglass Juke Boxes 0 December 31st 03 08:29 PM
FS: Rockola 1422 Ernsglass Juke Boxes 1 October 5th 03 10:51 PM
FS: Rockola 1422 Ernsglass Juke Boxes 0 October 5th 03 02:58 PM