What's your lowest mintage coin?

Old September 11th 05, 04:25 AM
LM5403

Default What's your lowest mintage coin?

Mine is 998, three different Mexican 1983 proof coins -- 20 and 50 centavos
and the Libertad.

Old September 11th 05, 04:42 AM
Brian Blackwell

"LM5403" wrote in message
. ..
Mine is 998, three different Mexican 1983 proof coins -- 20 and 50

centavos
and the Libertad.

1949 South Africa Proof set. Mintage 800

Old September 11th 05, 05:17 AM
Honus

"LM5403" wrote in message
. ..
Mine is 998, three different Mexican 1983 proof coins -- 20 and 50

centavos
and the Libertad.

3,300. From Jordan, a business strike 5 Fils dated AH 1368 (1949).

Old September 11th 05, 08:06 AM
KJM

1991 Mexican 2000 Peso Pattern,
mintage 35

Kyle.

. ..

Old September 11th 05, 12:57 PM
oly

For a coin, mine is Brazil, 4000 Reis silver, dated 1900, for the 400th
Anniversary of the Discovery of Brazil. Mintage, 6,850 pcs.

I have a lot of nice medals with mintages of less than 1,000.

I thought that the 1991 Mexican 2000 Peso Pattern was a lot more common
that 35 pieces, but perhaps I am thinking of another pattern from the
same era. There is one unissued Mexican coin in that era which is
quite common.

Old September 11th 05, 01:05 PM
LM5403

"oly" wrote in message
oups.com...
For a coin, mine is Brazil, 4000 Reis silver, dated 1900, for the 400th
Anniversary of the Discovery of Brazil. Mintage, 6,850 pcs.

I have a lot of nice medals with mintages of less than 1,000.

I thought that the 1991 Mexican 2000 Peso Pattern was a lot more common
that 35 pieces, but perhaps I am thinking of another pattern from the
same era. There is one unissued Mexican coin in that era which is
quite common.

Since I'm not into patterns I hadn't known about the 2000 Peso pattern. The
1000 Peso pattern seems to be pretty common.

Old September 11th 05, 01:37 PM
oly

Yes, I believe that you are correct - it is the 1991 "ATALAN" 1000 peso
type that isn't too hard to obtain...

Old September 11th 05, 06:52 PM
LM5403

A pattern is a proposed design not adopted for use as a coin. The term
"pattern coin" realistically is an oxymoron, as opposed to many nitpickers,
who are simply plain morons.

"A.E. Gelat" wrote in message
What is a "pattern" coin?

Tony

"LM5403" wrote in message

"oly" wrote in message
oups.com...
For a coin, mine is Brazil, 4000 Reis silver, dated 1900, for the 400th
Anniversary of the Discovery of Brazil. Mintage, 6,850 pcs.

I have a lot of nice medals with mintages of less than 1,000.

I thought that the 1991 Mexican 2000 Peso Pattern was a lot more common
that 35 pieces, but perhaps I am thinking of another pattern from the
same era. There is one unissued Mexican coin in that era which is
quite common.

Since I'm not into patterns I hadn't known about the 2000 Peso pattern.
The 1000 Peso pattern seems to be pretty common.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Old September 11th 05, 07:02 PM
winwin

Among American coins, a number of commemoratves have mintages of less
than 10K. In the modern series, the $5 golds have low mintages;
everyone knows about the 1997 $5 Jackie Robinson at 5,202.
Second-lowest, the 2001 $5 Capitol Visitor's Center at 6,762, barely
commands a premium.

Regards,
Tom