post your best roll pulls

Old July 29th 09, 05:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
james durham

Default post your best roll pulls

my first stack contained a 1907 indian head penny rather shocked i even
got that then theres my 1919 wheat a 1941 wheat a 1944 shell casing
wheat and also 2 1946 shell casing wheat 4 1953s a 1956 wheat 4 1957s a
last year 1958 wheat and a 1959 first year lincoln memoria been a lucky
first month i guess i trade rolls twice weekly and ill let ya know
results as i get them

Old July 29th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

"james durham" wrote in message
my first stack contained a 1907 indian head penny rather shocked i even
got that then theres my 1919 wheat a 1941 wheat a 1944 shell casing
wheat and also 2 1946 shell casing wheat 4 1953s a 1956 wheat 4 1957s a
last year 1958 wheat and a 1959 first year lincoln memoria been a lucky
first month i guess i trade rolls twice weekly and ill let ya know
results as i get them

Honestly, you could live a life time and not pull an IH cent from a roll,
but if you have recently pulled one then I would increase my efforts to
search rolls for a short while, since the same source that provided the one
may provide others.

I search half dollar rolls that I purchase weekly for my business cash
registers. I used to see 1 to3 40% silver halfs per roll and an occasional
treasure like a 90% Kennedy, Franklin half, WL half, and once a Barber half.
I would also occasionally encounter uncirculated rolls going back to the
1970s, a discovery I would also enjoy. For this last year, and maybe last
two years, I have not found a thing. I believe that someone at the bank is
searching the rolls as the bank receives them.

I have been searching quarter rolls that I open for the registers, but only
for the Washington DC quarters to check for the doubling of the "ELL" in the
name Ellington.

As I open cent rolls, I regularly see a wheat back cent, almost one per roll
average. I check the date and toss back into the register for other
collectors to find, the coin always a common date find.

Dimes rolls yield a 90% silver dime every few weeks, probably one dime every
10-15 rolls.

Bill

Old August 8th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
SteveH

On Jul 29, 3:25*pm, "Bill Krummel" wrote:
[...]

20 rolls of cents tonight revealed the following:

1951 Canadian Cent
1951 Wheat
1959
1960
1970-S
1984 Canadian
2009 Birthplace

and 10 rolls of Nickels revealed:

1943-P Silver War Nickel
1956-D
1958-D
1959-D
1963-D
1967
1969-D
1970-S
1971
1983-P slightly off-center

First rolls of either that I have searched in a long while. Trying to
go at least onc a week just to see what I can find.

Steve
Old August 15th 09, 02:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
SteveH

On Aug 7, 9:00*pm, SteveH wrote:
[...]

Steve- Hide quoted text -

$12 in Nickels & $10 in cents, I found the following earlier today:

Cents-
1951-D, 1959, 1960, 1960-D, 1970-S, 1972-S, 1976(in AU)
2009 Birthplace Cents(2)
2009 Formative Years Cent(1)

Jeff's-
1946, 1954-D, 1957-D, 1958-D, 1962-D(2), 1963-D(2), 1968-D, 1970-S,
1994-P(reverse struck-through)

Steve
Old August 15th 09, 05:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Meerkat1

In article
,
SteveH wrote:

-snip-

Not a roll pull; but, I did find a zinc penny and a 5 cent Euro in my
workplace parking lot.

I searched a roll of halves and found...NOTHING. Now that's my typical
experience.

--
Meerkat1
Old August 15th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roger Hunt

Meerkat1 wrote
(snip)

I searched a roll of halves and found...NOTHING.

Eh? Was the roll empty?
--
Roger Hunt
Old August 15th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Meerkat1

In article ,
Roger Hunt wrote:

Meerkat1 wrote
(snip)

I searched a roll of halves and found...NOTHING.

Eh? Was the roll empty?

Good one!

Nope, just nothing worth mentioning...

--