Scottish notes, what's the big deal?

Old October 24th 05, 07:33 PM
MD

Default Scottish notes, what's the big deal?

Why is everybody so crazy about these Scottish notes? Why does everybody want them? Just want to know.
Old October 24th 05, 10:21 PM
note.boy

I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone".

The following opinion may be very strongly bias. :-)

They offer a huge variety of issuing banks, denominations, designs and
signature combinations.

They are mostly very attractive and are available dated from the 1700's on.

Some are very rare with sometimes only one example surviving.

Very attractive notes are often available for little money.

The earlier notes are very large.

They are always dated.

They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

The history of the banks is fascinating.

etc.etc. Billy

The history of the banks in fascinating.

Old October 25th 05, 03:13 AM
Sibirskmoneta

"note.boy" wrote in message
I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone".

The following opinion may be very strongly bias. :-)

They offer a huge variety of issuing banks, denominations, designs and
signature combinations.

They are mostly very attractive and are available dated from the 1700's
on.

Some are very rare with sometimes only one example surviving.

Very attractive notes are often available for little money.

The earlier notes are very large.

They are always dated.

They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

The history of the banks is fascinating.

etc.etc. Billy

The history of the banks in fascinating.
"MD" wrote in message

Please don't feed the trolls, the address should have been a dead giveaway.

Old October 25th 05, 03:48 AM
Padraic Brown

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:21:38 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

I wouldn't go so far as to say "everyone".

Good thing too! It's not like they print billions of the things!

They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

Wasn't aware of this.

etc.etc.

Some of us are Scottish or have Scottish ancestry and like the
connection with the old sod.

Padraic.

Billy

The history of the banks in fascinating.
"MD" wrote in message
.. .
Why is everybody so crazy about these Scottish notes? Why does everybody
want them? Just want to know.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old October 25th 05, 08:19 PM
Sibirskmoneta

"Padraic Brown"
They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

Wasn't aware of this.

Padraic.

I think there were some Royals, notably the large ie £20 etc that were
handsigned into the 1940's. In Northern Ireland one of the banks was
handsigning as late as the 1960's.

Old October 25th 05, 08:34 PM
note.boy

"MD" wrote in message

Please don't feed the trolls, the address should have been a dead
giveaway.

I did notice the posters details but decided to give him/her the benefit of
the doubt, their subsequent posts will prove if the are from under the
bridge or not.

If they are they will be ignored. Billy

Old October 26th 05, 11:12 AM
note.boy

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message

"Padraic Brown"
They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

Wasn't aware of this.

Padraic.

I think there were some Royals, notably the large ie £20 etc that were
handsigned into the 1940's. In Northern Ireland one of the banks was
handsigning as late as the 1960's.

You are correct, I should have said that Royal Bank £1 notes were hand
signed up to the 1930's, amazing for a low denomination note.

Royal £20's were hand signed up to 1947, the date was also entered by hand.
Billy

Old October 27th 05, 02:09 AM
Padraic Brown

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:12:06 GMT, "note.boy"
wrote:

"Sibirskmoneta" wrote in message

"Padraic Brown"
They were hand signed up to the 1930's.

Wasn't aware of this.

I think there were some Royals, notably the large ie £20 etc that were
handsigned into the 1940's. In Northern Ireland one of the banks was
handsigning as late as the 1960's.

You are correct, I should have said that Royal Bank £1 notes were hand
signed up to the 1930's, amazing for a low denomination note.

Royal £20's were hand signed up to 1947, the date was also entered by hand.

My only elderly Scottish note is a £1 of 2 Jan 1963, so I guess that's
out!

Any other Imperial/Commonwealth notes hand signed in modern times?

Padraic.

Billy