It is dead in here....

Old August 29th 07, 03:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_5_]

Default It is dead in here....

Well-

My outlook cleaned out alot of junk, and man-this group is dead. I haven't
received anything in the mail, and I was hoping that Maria Sharapova would
send my SI signed from the US Open, when I mailed it out last year, now that
she's back in New York.

My "Dog the Bounty Hunter" cover is MIA as well. Maybe?! Even Me got bored
with the celebrity Deaths. He Me-the newsgroup is dead...

Old August 29th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:05:35 -0400, "pe2"
wrote:

Well-

My outlook cleaned out alot of junk, and man-this group is dead. I haven't
received anything in the mail, and I was hoping that Maria Sharapova would
send my SI signed from the US Open, when I mailed it out last year, now that
she's back in New York.

My "Dog the Bounty Hunter" cover is MIA as well. Maybe?! Even Me got bored
with the celebrity Deaths. He Me-the newsgroup is dead...

Yep. I am going to get back into collecting in October/Nov probably.
Maybe last week Sept. But not collecting this summer at all.

Nobody is signing and I didn't want to waste anymore bucks.

Old August 30th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On Aug 28, 9:05 pm, "pe2" wrote:
Well-

My outlook cleaned out alot of junk, and man-this group is dead. I haven't
received anything in the mail, and I was hoping that Maria Sharapova would
send my SI signed from the US Open, when I mailed it out last year, now that
she's back in New York.

My "Dog the Bounty Hunter" cover is MIA as well. Maybe?! Even Me got bored
with the celebrity Deaths. He Me-the newsgroup is dead...

Hardly anyone is posting on any groups. I got an email today a long
time collector is calling it quits. I know most of the older
collectors are packing it in. It's just that not a lot of celebs are
signing these days. SAD
Old August 30th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2[_5_]

Unfortunate-alot of celebs are doing the pay thing now.

pe2

Old September 1st 07, 03:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I wouldn't collect anything from any new starlets or celebs nowadays
because it's a waste
of postage stamps and photos. I go mainly for the older stars who
still do sign freely through the mail, and if they get a request from
the e-mail, they'll honor if we send them our name.

But todays stars are not my liking. I've stopped collecting after
1998.

Chip
Collector since 1974. First autograph was a TLS from Jimmy Carter as
governor of Georgia,
and it's now worth $200.

Old September 2nd 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gordon

On Aug 28, 9:05 pm, "pe2" wrote:
Well-

My outlook cleaned out alot of junk, and man-this group is dead. I haven't
received anything in the mail, and I was hoping that Maria Sharapova would
send my SI signed from the US Open, when I mailed it out last year, now that
she's back in New York.

My "Dog the Bounty Hunter" cover is MIA as well. Maybe?! Even Me got bored
with the celebrity Deaths. He Me-the newsgroup is dead...

Hardly anyone is posting on any groups. I got an email today a long
time collector is calling it quits. I know most of the older
collectors are packing it in. It's just that not a lot of celebs are
signing these days. SAD

I- Hide quoted text -

Its the time of year, too. Nothing is selling on eBay - everyone is
just catching the last of the summer and trying to keep cool. Agreed,
though, there isn't much sense in collecting when it cost more to send
items out and pay the signing fee, than they are worth.

v/r
Gordon

Wow, it's dead here and everywhere Sue H Autographs 9 April 17th 06 02:53 PM
Dead NG! Joe Autographs 3 August 14th 04 08:00 AM
Dead Countries Guppas! Worldwide Stamps 0 December 2nd 03 03:44 PM
Bob Hope... Dead at 100 Robert Brannon Coins 8 July 29th 03 04:15 AM